This guide below will provide you with step-by-step instructions to install Vola Sports on Firestick.
Many of you like to watch live sports on television. If you use a dedicated streaming device with your home theatre setup, then you probably know about various sports streaming services, such as ESPN+, DAZN, WWE Network, UFC.tv, fuboTV, and many more.
One common thing found in all these services is a monthly or yearly subscription model, requiring users to pay for accessing the live and on-demand sports content offered by a specific service.
Not everyone is able to handle multiple monthly sports streaming subscriptions, considering that licensed sports content is quite expensive.
There are unofficial streaming services that offer sports content for free. Vola Sports is one of them. It provides not only a wide variety of live sports events but also hundreds of premium sports channels from across the world.
If interested, you can continue reading this guide to learn more about Vola Sports and its features, as well as install Vola Sports on Firestick.
What is Vola Sports?
Vola Sports is a third-party sports streaming service that fetches live sports content from public sources. The app mostly offers soccer and cricket streams, but it does also have other sports content, including basketball, football, rugby, boxing, MMA, wrestling, motorsports, and many more.
The Vola Sports app also offers 200+ sports channels from all around the world. Popular Asian, Middle Eastern, European, and North American sports television networks, including Fox Sports, Bahrain Sport, Eurosport, BeIN Sports, UFC TV, FOX, MLB TV, Tennis Plus, FS1/ FS2 Asia, True Sport 7, NFL Channel, NBA TV, Tennis Channel, MLB Network, and ESPN can be streamed on Vola Sports.
Although not every live channel stream provides a high-definition picture, the quality goes up to 720p for popular sports channels.
Since the developer of Vola Sports is using web scrapers for public channel links, some of the channels might not work until the developer updates the sources.
The Vola Sports app also has a neat, easily accessible schedule, with a countdown next to every upcoming major sports event so that you can catch your favorite team in action on time. In addition, you can stream highlights of important cricket and soccer games on-demand.
Alongside sports channels, Vola Sports also offers international news channels, which include Al Jazeera, Sky News, CBS News, CNN, Euro News, ABC News, Cheddar News, Bloomberg Asia, etc.
The streaming app officially supports Fire TV devices, including the Firestick. Navigation works flawlessly with the Fire TV Remote. The user interface is quite generic, which isn’t a bad thing.
There are no fancy DVR playback options found in the app, considering that the app is already pretty lightweight. It doesn’t occupy as much storage space as official streaming apps for Fire TV devices.
As previously mentioned, the stream links in Vola Sports are fetched from public sources, which means that you won’t be required to pay for a subscription fee. You get free and unlimited access to your favorite sports with Vola Sports. No strings attached.
Features of Vola Sports
- Vola Sports lets you stream hundreds of live sports events, as well as 200+ live sports channels across the globe.
- You can access and watch sports highlights on-demand soon after the end of the live broadcast on Vola Sports.
- The Vola Sports app has a dedicated stream schedule on the home screen, with a countdown bar below every event. It also notifies you about an event going live.
- The user interface of the app is simple and straightforward to use. It is fully compatible with remote input devices, including the Fire TV Remote.
- Vola Sports doesn’t ask users to pay for monthly or yearly subscriptions. Every live and on-demand sports content hosted in the app is free to access for everyone. No sign-in required.
How to Install Vola Sports on Firestick?
Vola Sports is a third-party app, and it is unavailable in the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices. The only way to install Vola Sports on Firestick is via sideloading, which you can easily do by following the steps below.
Step #1: Enable sideloading on Firestick
Android has always allowed users to install uncertified APK files for public sources. As Fire TV devices are powered by a heavily customized version of Android, it is possible to sideload apps on it. Simply do the following to enable app sideloading on Firestick:
- First, go up to the navigation tabs above the Fire TV home screen, then highlight the Settings.
- From the settings menu, highlight, and click the Device & Software If you didn’t update your Firestick to the latest firmware version for a while, then the option should be My Fire TV or Device.
- Now click Developer options in the following settings menu.
- In the Developer options, click Apps from Unknown Sources, then click Turn On to agree to Amazon’s disclaimer about sideloading third-party apps on Firestick.
Please note that the Vola Sports app is safe to install, even though it is developed by an unknown developer.
Step #2: Install Downloader on Firestick
Downloader is currently the only official app on Amazon Appstore that you can use to download files on Firestick. Please follow the instructions below to install Downloader on Firestick, as we need it to download the Vola Sports APK file.
- Highlight the Search (magnifying glass) option on the far left side of the Fire TV home screen’s navigation tabs.
- Next, use the voice search with your Fire TV Remote or manually enter Downloader in the search field with the on-screen keyboard to find the app in the Amazon Appstore.
- Now choose Downloader from the search suggestions list below the search bar.
- After that, scroll down to the Apps & Games category in the search results page, then click the Downloader app logo.
- Click Get on the Amazon Appstore page. The Downloader app will auto-install on your Firestick in a few minutes.
Step #3: Sideload Vola Sports Apk on Firestick
Using the Downloader app, we will now proceed to download and sideload the Vola Sports APK on Firestick. Here’s how to do it:
- Click Open on the Downloader’s Amazon Appstore page once it finishes installing.
- On the app’s first boot, click Allow to grant Downloader storage permissions to save the downloads. Else, the app won’t function as intended.
- Click OK in the changelog window again and continue to Downloader’s Home
- After that, select and click the URL bar on the Home page, then carefully enter the download link: https://bit.ly/3jlM2Fq
- Now click the Go The Vola Sports APK file will start downloading soon.
- When it finishes downloading, the Android installer should launch on its own. Simply click Install below the installer window and wait for Vola Sports to get installed on Firestick.
- Once Vola Sports is installed, click Done to dismiss the installer window. We also recommend you click Delete once you return to the Downloader app so that you can free up a few megabytes on your Firestick’s internal storage by removing the Vola Sports APK file.
That’s it! You can now launch Vola Sports on Firestick from Your Apps & Channels category on the Fire TV home screen.
If you don’t see the app under the category, then click See All to open up the full list of installed apps. You will definitely find the Vola Sports app in the list.
A Quick Overview of Vola Sports on Firestick
When you launch Vola Sports on Firestick for the first time, the app won’t ask you to grant app permissions or sign in with an account. It will redirect you directly to the home screen, where all the app’s offerings are laid out in categories.
The first category of the home screen indicates live and upcoming Matches. If a match is live, then a red LIVE icon will flicker below the event. Else, there will be a countdown bar instead of the red icon.
The next category organizes recently uploaded Highlights. Clicking any of them will automatically begin streaming the match highlights in high-definition.
Scrolling down the home screen will reveal another category, which has all the Channels Vola Sports has to offer. Similar to Highlights, clicking the channel will result in streaming immediately.
The stream quality might seem to be a bit blurry and pixelated, but it will auto-switch to the highest stream resolution possible after a few seconds.
The app doesn’t have a lot of features and user tweaks to offer, but you can toggle between light and dark mode by clicking the sun icon in the top menu bar.
Clicking the + icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen should open up three new options, which are Highlights (football icon), Channels (TV icon), and News (globe icon).
To return to the home screen, you can either press the Back button on your Fire TV Remote or click the Home icon in the menu bar.
When playing back a stream, you can use the playback control buttons on your Fire TV Remote to play, pause, and even rewind the stream. You can fast-forward only for highlights.
Vola Sports is a decent third-party streaming app for those who are trying to stream premium sports content on Firestick for free. We hope that this guide has helped you to install the Vola Sports apk on Firestick.
It’s worth noting that Vola Sports hosts unlicensed sports content from public sources. We strongly discourage piracy of any form on this website and recommend our readers to use the app at their own discretion.