Last Updated on June 25, 2022
Amazon Fire TV Stick, also known as Firestick is a wonderful media streaming device. Once you have connected it to your TV, you are ready to watch movies, music, and entertainment shows. You can also stream online platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime videos, etc. This Amazon Firestick comes with a remote which is a handy and small device just like our usual TV remote. What if you have lost it? How will you access firestick? Here comes the Firestick TV app which you can install on your smartphone either on Android or iPhone and use your smartphone as Amazon Firestick Remote and enjoy your favorite shows without any disturbance. You can simply download it from Google play(in the case of the android phones) or from the Play Store(in the case of iPhones). After the app is downloaded, one thing to remember is that you should connect your firestick to the same network as your smartphone is connected.
Now there are some steps you should know before using your phone as an Amazon Firestick Remote. Let us see which are those steps one by one.
Steps to use your phone as an Amazon Firestick remote
- Once your smartphone and firestick are connected to the same network or wi-fi, Download the Fire TV app on your smartphone(android or iPhone) and open it. The app will ask you to give the local network permission to go further. Click on Sure.
- Tap on Sign-in and fill in details like email id and password
- Select a firestick device that you want to access(in case you don’t see your device you must check whether your firestick and smartphone are connected to the same wifi connection)
- Turn on your television, and switch to the input associated with your Fire TV Stick you’re trying to control.
- Look for the Fire TV Stick remote app connection request code number displayed on your television.
- enter that code in your firestick tv app.
- Once the connection did you can use your smartphone as a firestick remote and be ready to watch your favorites.
Device Requirements to Install Firestick TV app
As we know that firestick tv app is available for both android as well as iPhone. But there are some requirements of the version of these smart devices which you should know before installing the Firestick TV app on them. Let us see which are those:
- Fire TV for tablets: 4th generation tablets and above.
- Fire TV for Android: Android OS 4 and above.
- Fire TV for iOS: iOS 10 and above.
Types of Remotes that are offered by the firestick TV app
There are two types of Remotes Firestick TV app offers, as below
- Directional Pad– The Directional Pad is the default type. It has four directional buttons like our physical remote. You can use the middle button to select OK.
- Swipe Gesture Remote– On this, you can swipe your fingers around to tap select
One more advantage of installing the firestick TV app is that even if your phone is locked you can access the firestick using a mini remote that appears on the lock screen and also on the notification panel.
One more thing you should know is that all remotes have separate buttons for different functions like going back to the home screen, rewinding, fast-forwarding, pausing, playing, and opening a menu. To switch between the different remotes, go to the Fire TV app’s remote and click on the gear icon present in the top-left corner. You will get a screen where you can activate or deactivate different remotes.
The FireStick TV remote app has copied the same functionality as that of the physical Firestick TV Stick remote. It has the same buttons with the same functionality. There is only 3 difference which they have.
- In the app, there is a touchpad in the middle instead of the circle button.
- A built-in keyboard is present in the app.
- The app includes a shortcut list of various apps.
How to use to FireStick TV remote app?
- You can tap anywhere on the touchpad area to select the currently highlighted item on your Fire TV.
- In order to select up, down, right, and left, you will have to move your finger in that direction.
- To move selection you just have to scroll your finger on the touchpad in that particular direction.
- You can access the keyboard by clicking on the icon in the upper left corner.
- Voice control: There are some voice controls as well but those are available in certain countries.
- Microphone: You can say what are you looking for to watch by holding the microphone button for a long.
- Apps Button: There is an app icon that you can use to select apps or games.
- Return, home, menu, reverse, play/pause, and fast forward all of these buttons work in the same way as on the physical remote.