Last Updated on August 26, 2022
If you use Kodi, the open-source streaming platform, you have probably heard of UK Turks. UK Turks is one of the most popular add-ons for Kodi. It also recently became available as a separate app, where you do not need Kodi to have UK Turks.
Essentially, the UK Turks app is an all-rounder for streaming. It offers a diverse range of entertainment options for users. Anything that you can think of to stream online, UK Turks probably has it. This includes not only movies and TV shows, but live TV, music, podcasts, concerts, and more.
Many people enjoy it so much because not only does it make many types of content available to view, it organizes them all neatly in the same place, with many categories and subcategories. The app was originally intended for Turkish and UK channels, but it has a nice variety of US channels available for streaming as well.
The most appealing thing about the UK Turks app is that it is completely free to use. You don’t have to make an account or subscribe as you do with more conventional streaming services. It is known to be pretty user-friendly, but since it is still a newer concept, we will walk through the steps to download and use UK Turks.
How to Install the UK Turks App on FireStick
The UK Turks app installation process is relatively simple. To download it on FireStick, you will use a process called sideloading.
UK Turks is not officially available in app stores, so through the process of sideloading, you install a separate file to download the UK Turks app. This file, or APK, can be deleted after you have finished the installation process.
First, you will need to get an app called Downloader, which will allow you to download UK Turks. Then a few changes to your settings in FireStick will need to be made. The whole process should only take a few minutes.
1. Install the App Downloader
The Downloader app is an installation that lets you download, or sideload, files from the internet straight to your FireStick. It is a must for using third-party apps that aren’t available for installation through the Amazon store. Downloader has a web browser built into its system that searches the internet for the file you are looking to download.
- First, you’ll need to go to the home screen of FireStick.
- Navigate to the menu bar, and click “find.”
Older versions of FireStick will have an icon of a magnifying glass.
- Select the “search” option and search for the Downloader app. It should be in the section titled Apps & Games.
- Click download and wait for it to install.
Now that you have the Downloader app, there are a few things to change in the settings of your FireStick.
2. Enable Third-Party Apps
Because UK Turks is a third-party app, you will need to allow your FireStick to download apps from unknown sources.
To do this:
- First, select the settings gear on the home screen menu bar.
- Then, select “My Fire TV.”
- Click on “Developer Options.”
- Then click “ADB debugging.”
After you have turned on ADB debugging:
- Select the option that says, “Install Unknown Apps.”
- Your settings may say “Apps from Unknown Sources,” in which case all you need to do is click on that option to turn it on and ignore the next step.
- As for the “Install Unknown Apps” option, click on Downloader to turn it on.
- A warning will likely appear about apps from unknown sources or third parties. Click turn on.
3. Install the UK Turks App
Now that you have gone through the process to make UK Turks available on your FireStick, it’s time to actually download it.
- Go to the home screen of FireStick and select the “view all apps” button. It should be on the right side of the screen, near the settings gear icon.
- Find the Downloader app and select it to launch it.
- Upon opening Downloader for the first time, your screen will ask you to allow some permissions. Select the “allow” button, doing this grants the application access to download files, such as UK Turks.
- Then continue to the home page of Downloader.
- On the Downloader home page, there will be a box in the center of the screen that says, “Enter a URL.”
- Click on this box and type in firesticktricks.com/ukturks.
- Then click “Go.” It will take a few moments for the UK Turks app to download on your FireStick.
- Once this is done, click on “install” to finalize it.
The install button should appear on the bottom right corner of your screen. After installing, you should see a message alerting you that the installation has been completed.
- Click “Done” to go back to the Downloader app.
After this, you are pretty much done with the process. If you like, you can delete the UK Turks APK file. This file is only used for the installation process, so once the app is downloaded, the APK file is no longer needed. Deleting it will clear up some space on your FireStick.
The most confusing part is over once you have completed these steps and the app is downloaded. The UK Turks app is well esteemed for its ease of use, even for beginners. So, now the UK Turks app is fully installed, and you are free to stream whatever content you like using it on your FireStick!
How to Use UK Turks on FireStick
Now that you have downloaded UK Turks, you may need a little push to navigate through the app.
- Pressing and holding on the home button on your remote will take you to a menu.
- Click on “Apps.”
- Scroll through the installed apps you have, and find UK Turks, but do not select it yet.
- Instead of selecting the app, press the “Options” button on your FireStick remote and then select “Move.”
- Using the navigation buttons on your remote, move UK Turks to the top row of your applications. Now it will be conveniently available on your FireStick home screen.
The home screen of the UK Turks app will already have categories organized for you. This makes it very easy to use, as it helps you organize different types of media separately such as music, movies, live TV, radio, favorites, etc.
Not only that, but each category is also already divided into subcategories for your convenience.
For example, the “Live TV” section already has separate options for sports, replays, live TV, and more. Upon clicking on any option, more choices will come up for channels. This helps UK Turks to be extremely user and beginner friendly.
How to Install UK Turks on Android TV
There are three primary types of Android TV devices. These include Smart TVs, devices like the Mi Box, and stock Android TV boxes. Smart TVs and Mi Boxes run on the Android TV system, and stock Android TV boxes run on their mobile operating system.
All of these devices do have the Google Play Store, which, obviously, is how you download Android apps. But, because UK Turks is not an official Android app, we will have to sideload it by first installing the Downloader app.
- First, go to your Android home screen and select “apps.”
- Then click on “get more apps.”
- Select the search icon and type “Downloader” on the keyboard.
- Select the Downloader app and click on install. Then, wait a few seconds for it to fully install.
Once Downloader has installed, return to the home screen.
- Go to settings, then click on “Security & Restrictions.”
- Select the button that says “Unknown Sources” and then enable unknown sources for Downloader.
- Then, go back to the home screen and find the Downloader app in the apps section.
- A message is going to pop up asking you to allow permissions and grant the app access. Click OK, and then a URL box will appear.
- In the box, type: https://addapp.club/ukturk/ and select “Go.”
- Select the “download now” button and wait for UK Turk to download to your Android TV device.
- A confirmation message will soon appear, prompting you to click “install.” It will take a few seconds to install.
- Once the UK Turk app has finished downloading, you can click “open” and delete the APK file if you’d like.
Deleting the APK file is not mandatory. Once you have downloaded the UK Turk application to your device, it is simply no longer necessary to have the APK file. The only thing that deleting it will do is make room for extra storage on your device.
Again, once the UK Turks application has been downloaded, the most grueling part is over. The interface of UK Turks is known for being sleek and accessible, so upon downloading, you shouldn’t have much trouble with the app itself.
Safety and Legality of UK Turks
Despite the popularity of the use of UK Turks, it cannot be downloaded on official app stores, like the Google Play Store. This may cause some speculation over the legality and safety of the UK Turks application.
Because UK Turks is a third-party application, it is not the main source for the content you stream on it. Instead, it finds links from other websites that have the content you want to see and pulls those links to its own platform so you can stream it there.
Some of this content may be copyright protected, and some of it may not be. As we all know, viewing content that is not protected by copyright is entirely legal. But, because the app may pull some links that are protected, this creates a gray area. The legality of UK Turks has not been explicitly defined.
The violation of copyright laws is not encouraged by any means. But, by using UK Turks, you may end up violating some completely unintentionally. If you are worried about it and want to err on the side of safety, you can always download a VPN to use. VPNs essentially mask the ID of your device and can allow you to bypass online surveillance.
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPN services, and it can be easily downloaded on a FireStick. It is a subscription, but you can get the first thirty days free, and there is a full refund guarantee should you be unsatisfied or just decide you no longer want it.
There are many coupon codes available for this service online, as well as multiple pricing points. For a twelve-month plan, you can pay $8.32 per month, $9.99 per month for a six-month plan, and $12.95 for a one-month plan. These prices aren’t too bad considering the use of ExpressVPN protects all of your information that may be stored online.
But ExpressVPN is popular for a reason (people like it). To download it on your FireStick: go to “find” and select the “search” option. Then type “ExpressVPN” into the search bar and click download. Upon downloading, it will prompt you to log in using credentials that you would make during the subscribing process of ExpressVPN.
After subscribing to and downloading ExpressVPN on your FireStick, there will be a power button on the app. Click that icon and you are all set, and your connection is secure. This is not a necessary step for using Turk UK, but it is often recommended.
VPN stands for “virtual private network,” and many people use VPN tools, even if they aren’t using any third-party apps. It helps protect your information from governments, potential hackers, and corporations. And in this day and age, it is hard to be sure where our data is going in the first place. So, using a VPN can be a useful tool regardless of what apps you frequently use and what you do online.
UK Turks is a sort of all-in-one streaming app. It allows you to view basically any type of content imaginable and have it organized neatly in one place. Its platform is very friendly towards users and beginners, which has made it soar in popularity.
First, it was used as an add-on for other third-party streaming platforms, particularly Kodi. But people enjoyed it so much that it has become available for use in its own right. The UK Turks platform has many categories and subcategories that organize your content, making it easy for you to find and stream everything you like.
Although it is esteemed for how easy it is to use, UK Turks is still a third-party app and is not official in any app stores, so it needs to be sideloaded. This means a separate installation package must be installed onto your device to get access to UK Turks.
Due to the sideloading process, installing UK Turks may be confusing at first. But the process only takes a couple of minutes, from turning on your device to being able to view content through the platform.
UK Turks has pretty much any sort of content you can imagine, including live TV, concerts, and radio stations from all over the world. It takes a few extra steps but downloading UK Turks on a FireStick or Android TV device is fairly easy and is certainly worth the praise.