Last Updated on October 4, 2020
In this article, we will show you How to Install Theater Plus on FireStick. Theater Plus App is also compatible with other Fire TV devices, including the 3rd-gen Fire TV box, Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and soundbars.
Amazon’s Fire TV devices are home to a wide variety of streaming services. Whether it’s about streaming your favorite live TV channels or the latest movies and TV shows, the Firestick is the most affordable solution in the Fire TV lineup to enter the world of streaming.
However, not everyone can handle several monthly subscriptions for streaming services. Although a combined subscription fee of Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ is around $30/month, a user also has to pay for a high-speed internet connection to enjoy buffering-free streaming.
Since Firestick is powered by a heavily forked version of Android, it gives users the freedom to install third-party apps that provide on-demand content and live TV channels for free. Such streaming apps are available in thousands. But, the recent surge in content copyright claims is pinning down third-party streaming app developers, which in turn is forcing them to abandon support for their apps.
Fortunately, new third-party streaming apps are being uploaded pretty much every day. Some of the best ones go under the radar, which we try to cover for our readers. We have recently found an app called Theater Plus that offers free on-demand content without subscriptions.
In case you are interested, you can follow this guide to install Theater Plus on Firestick, as well as learn more about the app’s offerings.
Last Updated on October 4, 2020
- 1 What is Theater Plus?
- 2 How to Install Theater Plus on FireStick?
- 3 A Quick Overview of Theater Plus on FireStick
- 4 Wrapping Up
What is Theater Plus?
Theater Plus is a third-party streaming app that offers a massive collection of latest and blockbuster movies, alongside full seasons of popular TV shows from various networks. It is based on the source code of SilentGhost HD, which was discontinued last year by the developers without prior notice.
The app has a modular search engine built-in, which searches for streamable links for the latest movies and TV show episodes available in public file hosting websites.
Most of the content featured in Theater Plus can be streamed in either 720p HD or 1080p Full-HD. If you own a Firestick 4K device and a compatible television, you can stream a few movies/TV shows in 4K Ultra-HD quality as well. The media sources are also extremely fast, which ensures a buffering-free streaming experience.
If you have an external storage device connected to the Firestick, then you can also download your favorite content from the app and watch offline. The built-in player provides seamless media playback. It even lets users change audio tracks and select subtitles.
Despite the fact that the Theater Plus app for Firestick is still in beta, the user interface is very polished when compared to other popular third-party streaming apps, such as Cinema HD and TeaTV. It uses the Android Leanback layout similar to what Plex and VLC offers. The app is natively compatible with remote input, and it works well with the Fire TV Voice Remote.
As of now, Theater Plus doesn’t offer Real-Debrid integration or Trakt.tv support, unlike other streaming apps. You also don’t get the option to choose from multiple media sources. While it is great to have the one-click playback feature, users will have to wait for the developer to update the source in case it doesn’t work.
Theater Plus Features
- Theater Plus offers a vast range of both the latest and classic movies and TV shows.
- You can watch on-demand content in up to 4K (2160p) quality.
- The default media player has support for closed captioning and audio track selection.
- Theater Plus’ professionally designed user interface provides superior readability and simpler remote navigation with the Fire TV Voice Remote.
- Everything is free-to-watch on Theater Plus. The app is also free of any sort of intrusive advertisements.
How to Install Theater Plus on FireStick?
Since Theater Plus is a third-party streaming application, it can’t be found in the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices. Theaterplus.me is the official website of Theater Plus, and you can grab the latest version of the app for both Android mobile/tablet and Firestick.
Using the sideloading process, we can install the Theater Plus APK file on Firestick. Those who have recently purchased a Firestick and don’t have any past experiences with app sideloading can follow the steps below to install Theater Plus on Firestick.
Step #1: Enable App Sideloading on Firestick
Sideloading on Firestick requires users to enable an option, which is intended for developers only. Similar to Android’s ‘Install unknown apps’ option, enabling it gives Firestick users the freedom to install third-party apps on their device.
Note: Enabling sideloading on Firestick won’t void your device’s warranty. The Theater Plus app is also safe to install.
- First, move up to the tabs bar at the top section of the Fire TV home screen to select Settings.
- Scroll right in the Settings menu and select the Device & Software If your device is running an older version of Fire OS, then look out for My Fire TV / Device option.
- Highlight and select Developer options in the Device & Software page.
- Now click Apps from Unknown Sources on the next page. You will be warned not to enable the option for security and device safety purposes.
- Click Turn On to dismiss the message. Make sure that the option is ON.
You have successfully enabled app sideloading on your Firestick. Press the Home button on your Fire TV Voice Remote to get back to the Fire TV home screen, then go through the following steps below.
Step #2: Install Downloader from Amazon Appstore
You will have to install Downloader on your Firestick. Ever since Fire TV web browsers have removed the option, as it is the only app that lets users download APK and other media files on Firestick. Here’s how to install Downloader from the Amazon Appstore:
- Open up the Search menu by selecting the magnifying glass icon on the top-left corner of the Fire TV home screen.
- Type in “Downloader” in the search option using the virtual keyboard. You can also press and hold the Voice button on your Fire TV Remote to do it.
- Next, select Downloader in the list of instant search keywords that appears at the bottom of the Search menu.
- Navigate down to the Apps & Games category on the search results page to select the Downloader It should show up as the top result.
- Now click Get to start downloading the app. It will auto-install on your Firestick, which might take a minute or so.
- Click Open to launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
Step #3: Sideload Theater Plus APK on Firestick
- The first time you launch Downloader, click Allow to give the app read/write privileges to the internal storage.
- Dismiss Downloader’s changelog window by clicking OK.
- After that, click the download bar on the Home page, then enter the following link: https://bit.ly/2VhpFrl
- Once you enter it, click Go. The Theater Plus APK file should begin downloading.
- The Android installer will appear once the download finishes. Click Install to sideload Theater Plus on Firestick.
- Once you see the “App Installed” notification, click Done to close the installer and return to the Downloader app.
Since you now have Theater Plus installed on Firestick, click Delete to delete the Theater Plus APK file you previously downloaded. It will free up some internal storage space on your Firestick.
You can launch Theater Plus on the Fire TV home screen. Scroll down to Your Apps & Channels category, then scroll all the way to the right to click See All. You can find and launch Theater Plus from the list of apps you have installed on your Firestick.
In case you want quick access to Theater Plus, then highlight the app in the list and press the Options button on your Fire TV Remote. You can now select the Move option to move the app to the first row of Your Apps & Channels category so that you can launch Theater Plus directly from the Fire TV home screen.
We will now show you a quick tour of Theater Plus Apk on Firestick.
A Quick Overview of Theater Plus on FireStick
The Theater Plus app on Firestick has a very simple user interface layout. The home screen of the app has nothing but a couple of categories, which are New Release, TV Shows, Movies, Request, Favorites, and Donate. There’s a Search option as well, which you will find in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Clicking on Movies or TV Shows will expand the content library. When you select something to watch from the library, you will get the option to choose quality. Then, you can click Add to Favourites to add it to your Favorites list or click Play to start watching the movie/TV show.
Along with your regular play/pause and forward/previous playback controls, you can also select subtitles from the control bar in the built-in media player. Clicking the gear icon on the top-right corner of the player lets you choose an audio track, in case there are multiple options.
You won’t find a settings menu in the Theater Plus app. It is already set up for streaming. If you can’t find your favorite movie or TV show in the app, then you can ask for it from the Request section.
- Is It Illegal to Jailbreak a FireStick?
- How to Update Amazon FireStick
- How to Install SO Player on FireStick
Well, this is pretty much it about Theater Plus Apk on FireStick. Theater Plus is an excellent third-party streaming alternative for Firestick users. It not only offers thousands of ad-free movies and TV shows, but it also provides an exceptional user experience. However, the absence of Real-Debrid and Trakt integration is a real bummer. Hopefully, the developers will add these features to the next app updates.