Last Updated on August 18, 2021
In this article, we will explain How to Install SO Player on FireStick. The installation guide will also work for Amazon’s current lineup of Fire TV devices other than the Firestick.
Many third-party IPTV providers ask users to use an IPTV player since they don’t offer a dedicated app for live TV streaming, unlike OTT live TV providers like Sling and YouTube TV.
People buy IPTV subscriptions from third-parties instead due to their affordability and premium lineup of channels, so it’s on the user to find the correct IPTV player.
There are a few essential IPTV player features that users should look out for. IPTV players have to be capable of loading up playlists and EPGs.
Another important thing is native support for all video and audio formats, as well as subtitle formats for captions on select streams. Without proper integration of streaming protocols, the player would fail to playback the continuous stream efficiently.
The major problem with IPTV players continues to be a poorly designed user interface, which the users interact with most of the time. Although there are IPTV players with modern UI layout, many of them are paid apps.
One of the only exceptions is SO Player, which has an intuitive user interface, as well as plenty of features that offers an excellent IPTV streaming experience.
Last Updated on August 18, 2021
How to Install SO Player on FireStick
The Amazon Firestick is one of the most affordable streaming devices, and you probably own one. If you have recently purchased an IPTV subscription from an IPTV provider, then the chances are that you were recommended to install SO Player for the best experience.
By following this guide, you’ll be able to install SO Player on Firestick, even though it isn’t officially compatible with Fire TV devices.
Features of SO Player
SO Player isn’t your average IPTV player. It integrates a universal provider login system that makes the login process much easier for a regular user. This is one of the reasons why most third-party IPTV players recommend users to use SO Player instead of others.
As previously mentioned, the greatest aspect of SO Player is its modern and intuitive user interface. While it isn’t as great as the ones found on major streaming apps, it is quite respectable for IPTV player-standards.
If your IPTV provider supports content delivery on SO Player, then you will also receive recommendations on the player’s home screen, alongside a vast list of categories for on-demand content.
SO Player organizes live TV channels and on-demand content in their dedicated sections, which are TV, Movies, and Catchup. From TV, you will be able to access all the channels that are provided by your IPTV provider.
On-demand content is sorted into several categories in the Movies section, which also includes TV shows. There’s a search option available as well in case you want to search for your favorite movie or TV series.
SO Player does have an EPG menu, which you can quickly access from the home screen. You can also navigate through channels directly from the TV guide.
While SO Player isn’t as customizable as other IPTV players, you really won’t have to change anything since it’s already set up for optimal usage.
Steps to Install SO Player App on Firestick
SO Player can automatically scale its interface on an Android TV or Fire TV device, so app navigation isn’t the least of your worries. The unfortunate part is the unavailability of SO Player on the Amazon Appstore, which leaves users with no choice but to sideload the APK file.
We have broken the main steps into three sets so that you don’t get confused while following the installation guide.
#1. Toggle on sideloading on Firestick
Operating systems like Android and Windows has an unrestricted software environment, where users can install apps from both verified and unverified sources.
Since the Fire TV devices are also powered by a heavily modified version of Android, it’s possible to sideload APK files on Firestick. Here’s how you can toggle it on:
- First, navigate up the Fire TV home screen and highlight the Settings
- Search for the Device & Software option in the settings menu. On earlier Fire OS iterations, the option is named as My Fire TV or Device
- After that, select Developer options from the following settings page.
- Now select and click the Apps from Unknown Sources option on the developer options page. A warning message will appear regarding the installation of apps from unverified sources.
- As SO Player is a safe app to install, just click Turn On under the warning to enable sideloading and close the message.
Now that you have enabled sideloading on Firestick, it’s time to follow the second phase of the installation guide.
#2. Install Downloader on Firestick
Downloader is the app we are going to use for downloading the SO Player APK file, as there’s no Fire TV web browser that supports file downloading. The following steps will show you how to install Downloader from the Amazon Appstore:
- Highlight the search icon next to the tile group above the Fire TV home screen.
- Next, search “Downloader” with either voice input or the on-screen keyboard.
- Under the search bar, select Downloader from the instant search keywords.
- Click the Downloader app logo below the Apps & Games category on the results page.
- Now click Get to download and install Downloader on Firestick. It’ll be done in a minute or so.
#3. Sideload SO Player on Firestick
This is the final set of instructions. It’s relatively easy to download and sideload the SO Player APK file on Firestick with Downloader, and the steps below will walk you through the process.
- When Downloader is installed on Firestick, click Open on the download page to launch the app.
- Downloader will prompt you to grant read and write permissions for storing files on Firestick’s internal storage. Click Allow to continue.
- Then, click OK to dismiss the app version changelog window and proceed to the app’s Home
- From Home, highlight the search bar and carefully enter this link: https://bit.ly/2BnvQTC
- Click Go next to the pop-up keyboard overlay. The latest APK file of SO Player will begin downloading.
- Next, click Install when the Android installer automatically appears on the screen.
- Once SO Player is installed on your Firestick, close the Android installer by clicking Done, then click Delete on the downloader window to remove the SO Player APK file. It is redundant and will no longer be needed for the app to function.
You can launch SO Player similar to other apps on your Firestick. Just go to your Fire TV home screen, navigate down to Your Apps & Channels category, and click See All. From the expanded app list, you will be able to launch the SO Player app on Firestick.
How to Log in to SO Player on Firestick?
It is relatively easier to log in to SO Player with IPTV account credentials than other IPTV players in the app market. Once you receive login details from your IPTV provider, simply follow the steps below.
- Open up the SO Player app from the Fire TV home screen.
- Select the PIN CODE option from the login screen.
- Now enter your IPTV provider’s PIN code and click Next.
- After that, type in your Provider ID in the next text field, then click Next If you don’t have the ID, contact your IPTV provider and request for it.
That’s it! SO Player will redirect you to the home screen. From there, you can start streaming your favorite live TV channels and unlimited VOD content that is offered by your IPTV provider.
- Best Web Browsers For FireStick
- How to Install Google Chrome on FireStick
- How to Install Clean Master on FireStick
We’ve compiled this guide in very simple words so that new users can easily follow it to install SO Player on Firestick. Our experience with SO Player has been surprisingly pleasant, considering that it didn’t receive incremental updates for a long time. If your IPTV provides natively supports content delivery on SO Player, then go for it without hesitation.
Also Read – Setting Up Cinehub on FireStick – Ultimate Guide