Last Updated on April 5, 2022
In this article, we will explain How to Install SO Player on FireStick. The installation guide will also work for Amazon’s current lineup of Fire TV devices other than the Firestick.
Many third-party IPTV providers ask users to use an IPTV player since they don’t offer a dedicated app for live TV streaming, unlike OTT live TV providers like Sling and YouTube TV.
People buy IPTV subscriptions from third parties instead due to their affordability and premium lineup of channels, so it’s on the user to find the correct IPTV player.
There are a few essential IPTV player features that users should look out for. IPTV players have to be capable of loading up playlists and EPGs.
Another important thing is native support for all video and audio formats, as well as subtitle formats for captions on select streams. Without proper integration of streaming protocols, the media player would fail to play back the continuous stream efficiently.
The major problem with IPTV players continues to be a poorly designed user interface, which the users interact with most of the time. Although there are IPTV players with modern UI layout, many of them are paid apps.
One of the only exceptions is SO Player, which has an intuitive user interface, as well as plenty of features that offers an excellent IPTV streaming experience.
Last Updated on April 5, 2022
- 1 How to Install SO Player on FireStick
- 2 How to Log in to SO Player on Firestick?
- 3 See Similar Firestick Related Posts
- 4 Finishing Up
- 5 FAQs
How to Install SO Player on FireStick
The Amazon Firestick is one of the most affordable streaming devices, and you probably own one. If you have recently purchased an IPTV subscription from an IPTV provider, then the chances are that you were recommended to install SO Player for the best experience.
By following this guide, you’ll be able to install SO Player on Firestick, even though it isn’t officially compatible with Fire TV devices.
Features of SO Player
SO Player isn’t your average media player. It integrates a universal provider login system that makes the login process much easier for a regular user. This is one of the reasons why most IPTV third-party apps recommend users to use SO Player instead of others.
As previously mentioned, the greatest aspect of SO Player is its modern and intuitive user interface. While it isn’t as great as the ones found on major streaming apps, it is quite respectable for IPTV media player standards.
If your IPTV provider supports content delivery on SO Player firestick, then you will also receive recommendations on the player’s home screen, alongside a vast list of categories for on-demand content.
SO Player organizes live channels and on-demand content in their dedicated sections, which are TV, Movies, and Catchup. From TV, you will be able to access all the channels that are provided by your IPTV provider.
On-demand content is sorted into several categories in the Movies section, which also includes TV shows. There’s a search option available as well in case you want to search for your favorite movie or TV series.
SO Player does have an EPG menu, which you can quickly access from the home screen. You can also navigate through channels directly from the TV guide.
While SO Player isn’t as customizable as other IPTV players, you really won’t have to change anything since it’s already set up for optimal usage.
Steps to Install SO Player App on Firestick
SO Player can automatically scale its interface on an Android TV or Fire TV device, so app navigation isn’t the least of your worries. The unfortunate part is the unavailability of SO Player on the Amazon App Store, which leaves users with no choice but to sideload the APK file.
We have broken the main steps into three sets so that you don’t get confused while following the installation guide.
#1. Toggle on sideloading on Firestick
Operating systems like Android and Windows have an unrestricted software environment, where users can install apps from both verified and unverified sources.
Since the FireTV devices are also powered by a heavily modified version of Android, it’s possible to sideload APK files on Firestick. Here’s how you can toggle it on:
- First, navigate up the FireTV home screen and highlight the Settings
- Search for the Device & Software option in the settings menu. On earlier Fire OS iterations, the option is named My Fire TV or Device
- After that, select Developer options from the following settings page.
- Now select and click the Apps from Unknown Sources option on the developer options page. A warning message will appear regarding the installation of apps from unverified sources.
- As SO Player is a safe app to install, just click Turn On under the warning to enable sideloading and close the message.
Now that you have enabled sideloading on Firestick, it’s time to follow the second phase of the installation guide.
#2. Install Downloader app on Firestick
Downloader is the app we are going to use for downloading the SO Player APK file, as there’s no Fire TV web browser that supports file downloading. The following steps will show you how to install Downloader app from the Amazon App Store:
- Highlight the search icon next to the tile group above the Fire TV home screen.
- Next, search “Downloader” with either voice input or the on-screen keyboard.
- Under the search bar, select Downloader from the instant search keywords.
- Click the Downloader app logo below the Apps & Games category on the results page.
- Now click Get to download and install Downloader app on Firestick. It’ll be done in a minute or so.
#3. Sideload SO Player on Firestick
This is the final set of instructions. It’s relatively easy to download and sideload the SO Player APK file on Firestick with Downloader, and the steps below will walk you through the process.
- When Downloader is installed on Firestick, click Open on the download page to launch the app.
- Downloader will prompt you to grant read and write permissions for storing files on Firestick’s internal storage. Click Allow to continue.
- Then, click OK to dismiss the app version changelog window and proceed to the app’s Home
- From Home, highlight the downloader address bar and carefully enter this link: https://bit.ly/2BnvQTC
- Click Go next to the pop-up keyboard overlay. The latest APK file of SO Player will begin downloading.
- Next, click Install when the Android installer automatically appears on the screen.
- Once SO Player is installed on your Firestick, close the Android installer by clicking Done, then click Delete on the downloader window to remove the SO Player APK file. It is redundant and will no longer be needed for the app to function.
You can launch SO Player similar to other apps on your Firestick. Just go to your Fire TV home screen, navigate down to Your Apps & Channels category, and click See All. From the expanded app list, you will be able to launch the SO Player app on Firestick.
How to Log in to SO Player on Firestick?
It is relatively easier to log in to SO Player with IPTV login credentials than other IPTV media players in the app market. Once you receive login details from your IPTV provider, simply follow the steps below.
- Open up the SO media Player app from the Fire TV home screen.
- Select the PIN CODE option from the login screen.
- Now enter your IPTV provider’s PIN code and click Next.
- After that, type in your Provider ID in the next text field, then click Next If you don’t have the ID, contact your IPTV provider and request for it.
That’s it! SO Player will redirect you to the home screen. From there, you can start streaming your favorite live TV channels and unlimited VOD content that is offered by your IPTV provider.
See Similar Firestick Related Posts
Stream Channel 4 Live on Firestick
Channel 4 is one of the five major free-to-air television networks in the United Kingdom and is quite popular for its original TV shows, factual documentaries on current and past affairs, and telecasts of independent made-for-TV films. Channel 4 breaks its own previous records every year in terms of viewership, and this year is no exception.
Install Swift Streamz on Firestik
Swift Streamz is an app that can be installed on a variety of streaming devices, including, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Chromecast, Android TV boxes, and Android devices. Swift Streamz app provides you with access to channels in categories such as kids, news, international, movies, sports, music, and more.
Best IPTV Media Players for Firestick
Those who use a Fire TV device, especially the Firestick, have several decent IPTV media players to choose from. Here are our picks of the best IPTV players for Firestick and other Fire TV devices. Make sure to go through all of them, as we have discussed every IPTV player in detail.
Watch CNN on Firestick
CNN is a news and information network that provides up-to-date coverage of the latest stories and can be found on many streaming services. Hulu, DirecTV Stream, YouTube TV, Spectrum TV, or Pluto TV Live Sling, Sling Orange, all carry CNN as a premium channel.
Hulu Not working on Firestick
If Hulu is not working on your Firestick, one of the solutions and fixes listed here will solve the Hulu streaming issues you have been facing. Also worth noting is that if you are using another Fire TV device (e.g., Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition Smart TV / Soundbar), you can try out the listed solutions as well.
NFL RedZone on Firestick
NFL RedZone is a pay-TV channel associated with the NFL Network, and it’s offered by numerous cable and satellite TV providers. NFL RedZone is a special game-day exclusive broadcast, mainly offering a split-screen coverage of the SAF games, along with potential touchdowns and field goals whenever a team enters the red zone.
We’ve compiled this guide in very simple words so that new users can easily follow it to install SO Player on Firestick. Our experience with SO Player has been surprisingly pleasant, considering that it didn’t receive incremental updates for a long time. If your IPTV provides natively supports content delivery on SO Player, then go for it without hesitation.
Also, Read – Setting Up Cinehub on FireStick – Ultimate Guide
1. What is so player?
The SO Player is a media player that will load content from an IPTV service provider and display it in a straightforward manner. The SO Player branding is displayed at the top, and the TV, Movies, Catch Up, EPG, and other options are displayed at the bottom. Please refer to the menu for more information on the content available.
2. What are the features of the SO player?
The SO PLAYER of IPTV It has a universal provider login feature that makes logging in for common users simpler. The majority of third-party IPTV media players favor SO Player above the competition because of this.
SO Player divides its material into three categories: TV, Movies, and Catchup. If you have an IPTV provider, you will have access to all of their channels from your television.
The EPG menu can be conveniently accessed from the home screen of SO Player. The TV guide also has a channel-navigation feature.
3. How do I install SO Player on Amazon Fire Stick?
Install SO player on Firestick by following the steps below.
- Press the FireStick home button on your remote.
- Select the Apps menu.
- Scroll down to SO Player, but do not open it.
- Choose Move from the Context menu of the Options button on FireStick.
- To confirm its new position, move the SO Player to the top and select it.
4. What is an IPTV channel?
IPTV stands for internet protocol television. IPTV is a system that transmits video and audio over the Internet, typically to an IP-enabled TV set or digital media receiver. The advantage of this type of distribution is that it allows you to stream content without having any cable or satellite dish installed. Streaming services are also available through your computer’s web browser with the help of a plug-in like Adobe Flash Player or Microsoft Silverlight.
5. Is IPTV legal?
IPTV is legal, although not every IPTV service is. There are lawful IPTV services like Hulu that adhere to the correct copyright regulations. For example, A service provider that does not have the proper licensing for the content it delivers is considered illegal under this new rule.