In this post, we will go through step by step installation process of the Shudder TV on Firestick.
Owners of the Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition smart TVs/soundbars can also use this guide to install the Shudder TV app on their devices and enjoy its streaming library.
AMC Networks Inc. operates a vast number of cable channels. From AMC to BBC America to IFC to SundanceTV, the company has a lot to offer in the television market. However, they also have a broader reach in the over-the-top streaming market.
With services like AMC+, Acorn TV, IFC Films Unlimited, Sundance Now, and UMC, AMC Networks Inc. has established grounds into the streaming zone. The services generate a considerable amount of revenue for AMC Networks.
Another video-on-demand service from the network is Shudder, which is the most popular SVOD service from AMC Networks. Shudder is focused on delivering horror, thriller, and supernatural content on-demand, and it has registered over 1 million subscribers.
If you are a fan of watching Horror films, Shudder is the only subscription you need in your life. It’s also accessible on a wide variety of devices, and this guide will show you how to get the Shudder TV app on Firestick and other Fire TV devices.
What does Shudder TV App offer on Firestick?
The Shudder TV on Firestick offers an extensive and ever-growing blockbuster library of horror, thriller, suspense films, TV shows, and Shudder exclusives.
You can browse through several collections curated by a real person, with hand-picked movies and shows for you to stream. Furthermore, you can tune in live to the linear Shudder TV channel and stream a 24-hour marathon of new movies refreshed weekly.
In case you are wondering, Shudder was released in 2015 and made its debut on the Fire TV platform after two years. While Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video have a massive library of on-demand content, none of them offer the same library of thriller and horror flicks as Shudder.
You will find both new films and classics on the service and choose between different horror movie subgenres. Whatever taste you have in the horror genre, you will find everything on Shudder.
For the best horror experiences, be sure to check out the following movies on Shudder: Audition, Deep Red, Halloween, Mayhem, Bliss, Spring, Revenge, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Mandy, Train to Busan, and The Wailing.
Originals like The Cleansing Hour, Verotika, Color Out Of Space, The Shed, La Llorona, Host, Impetigo, Lake of Death, The Beach House, Confessional, Monstrum, Z, Blood Quantum, The Room, Summer of 84, and The Witch Window are also worth watching.
There are 100+ Shudder exclusives to go through, and you should definitely check out the series.
Shudder is available in several different countries, including the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. Americans can access Shudder’s library for just $5.99/month. The yearly membership costs $56.99, saving you $14.88 a year.
In other countries, the subscription pricing is adjusted on a regional basis.
Features of Shudder TV app on Firestick
- You can access Shudder’s endless selection of horror, thriller, and supernatural fiction films and shows from the official Shudder TV app on Firestick.
- The linear 24/7 Shudder TV channel is available for streaming on the app as well.
- Shudder TV lets you browse through dozens of collections curated by filmmakers and other guest curators.
- Shudder’s entire streaming library is available to watch in up to 1080p Full HD quality on Firestick.
- The subscription plans are affordable, and you get an ad-free access to Shudder. There are no extra fees, and the subscription can be canceled anytime.
How to Install Shudder TV on Firestick
The official Shudder app can be found in the Amazon Appstore. You can either go to the Shudder Appstore page to link the app to your Amazon account or follow the steps below to install Shudder directly from your Firestick:
- First, highlight the Search (magnifier) logo on the navigation panel above the Fire TV home screen.
- Now use the on-display keyboard or the voice search option to find the “Shudder”
- As you search for it, a few search results should show up in the menu. Navigate down and click Shudder.
- On the following page, select and click the Shudder app under the Apps & Subscriptions.
- Now click Get right below the description of the Shudder app. It should start downloading immediately.
Once the Shudder TV app is installed on your Firestick, return to your Fire TV home screen and scroll down to the “Your Apps & Channels” row to launch Shudder.
If you don’t see it, click See All under the same row. It will redirect you to an expanded list, and you should find the Shudder app at the bottom of it. Highlight it and press the Menu (≡) button on the Alexa Voice Remote, then click Move from the options. You can now place Shudder higher in the list of apps on your Firestick.
Steps to Sign Up for a Shudder Subscription
To access Shudder’s content catalog, you will need to register for an account and get a Shudder subscription first. The whole signup process goes as follows:
- First, open up your browser to go to shudder.com, and click the Try 7 Days Free button.
- Next, enter your email and a password in the respective fields, then click Create Your Free Account.
- Now select your membership renewal period and enter your payment information. Once you do it, click Start Your Free Trial.
Once your card details are verified, your 7-day free trial for Shudder will be immediately activated. An email will be sent to your inbox regarding it. You can now enjoy access to Shudder’s library. You can also cancel it before the expiration of the trial to avoid getting charged for the subscription.
Guide to Activate Shudder TV on Firestick
Once you have your Shudder subscription, you can follow the steps below to activate the Shudder TV app on Firestick.
- Start with launching Shudder on Firestick.
- You will be greeted by a video intro the first time you open it. You can click Skip if you want.
- Now click the Log In Via Browser option on the next page. The Shudder app will generate a temporary activation code.
- Go to shudder.com/code from another device, confirm the email and password you used to register for your Shudder account, then input your activation code in the following field.
- Finally, click Activate Your Device to proceed.
The activation screen in the Shudder app should close soon after that. You will be logged into the app with your subscription.
Alternatives Ways to watch Shudder on Fire TV Stick
Apart from its official app on the Fire TV platform, Shudder is also available as a separate channel on Prime Video. If you have a Prime Video subscription, you can add the Shudder channel and access the same library of horror and thriller titles. It will cost you an additional $5.99/month on top of your regular Prime Video subscription.
If you want access to additional content from AMC’s other SVOD services (AMC, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited) with Shudder, consider subscribing to AMC+ on Prime Video instead.
If you are into live TV streaming, you can also subscribe to Shudder on YouTube TV and Sling. However, note that you will need to pay for a base TV package on these services first. Furthermore, YouTube TV and Sling is available exclusively in the United States.
Related Post – How to Watch BET on FireStick
This guide has shown you the installation and activation process of the Shudder TV app, as well as a handful of alternative ways to watch Shudder on your Firestick.
We strongly recommend this streaming service to those who enjoy watching horror films. It’s a much better alternative to Screambox.