In this guide, we will show you the step-by-step process to Install Popcornflix on FireStick & Roku. Popcornflix App works with almost every Roku and Amazon Fire TV device on the market, so you don’t have to worry about device compatibility.
As on-demand streaming services add more and more premium content to its library, the monthly subscriptions also see a substantial price hike.
In the current state, it will cost you over $30 per month for Netflix and HBO Max subscriptions in your house. Adding in Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, or a live TV streaming service, you are basically spending more than $80 on subscriptions on a monthly basis.
However, apps like Crackle, Pluto TV, and Tubi has been quite popular among cord-cutters lately, due to its ad-supported content and subscription-free business model. These services are available on the Amazon Fire TV and Roku platform, making them appealing among the vast majority of home cinema enthusiasts.
Since many of you are interested in free on-demand streaming services, we have gone through a vast list of them and found a worthy alternative to premium services, Popcornflix.
It offers movies and TV shows without any subscriptions, and the service is officially available for Fire TV and Roku devices.
If you are eager to learn more about Popcornflix and install it on your Firestick or Roku device, please read on through this guide for more information.
What can you watch with Popcornflix on Firestick & Roku?
Popcornflix on Firestick and Roku offers a massive library of 1500+ movies and TV shows. The streaming library consists of action, comedy, drama, documentaries, family, horror, kids, thriller, and dozens of additional genres to choose from.
You won’t be required to sign up for any sort of subscription to enjoy the content, and there’s no limit on the number of movies and shows you can stream in a day.
Apart from on-demand content sourced from film studios and television networks, Popcornflix also has its original web series and short films.
You can even watch full seasons of popular reality TV shows, such as Forensic Files, Kitchen Nightmares, Road to Race Day, Fight Club, Hidden Heroes, Hell’s Kitchen, Speed with Guy Martin, Coast Guard Alaska, Prison Families, Women Behind Bars, Commandos, etc.
Although the movie collection mostly has classic movies to offer, Popcornflix adds new ones every week to the collection.
The video and audio quality is also what you would expect from an ad-supported streaming service. The stream quality maxes out at 720p, with audio locked to 2.0 stereo channels. You can enable closed captions as per your preference.
Features of Popcornflix on Firestick and Roku
- Popcornflix gives you access to a sizeable collection of old-school movies and classic TV shows.
- You can stream Popcornflix’s on-demand content in HD quality.
- The app lets you choose between several categories of content, as well as playlists curated based on your content preferences.
- Closed captions are available for almost all movies and select TV shows in Popcornflix’s streaming library.
- Popcornflix shows advertisements in-between streams to monetize its service. Users won’t have to pay money to get a subscription.
How to Install Popcornflix App on Firestick
Installing Popcornflix on Firestick or other Fire TV devices is simple. Since the app is officially available in the Amazon Appstore, you won’t have to sideload the APK file for it. The following steps will walk you through the Popcornflix installation process on Firestick:
- Go to the top section of the Fire TV home screen and hover over the Search (magnifying glass)
- Next, press and hold the Voice button on your Fire TV Remote and say “Popcornflix” to search for the app. You can also enter the app name manually using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select Popcornflix in the search results below the keyboard.
- Now select and click the Popcornflix app logo under Apps & Games.
- On the Popcornflix download page, click Get or Download under the description. The app should start downloading automatically.
Once Popcornflix is installed on your Firestick, you will get the option to Open the app. However, you can also open Popcornflix from Your Apps & Channel category on the Fire TV home screen.
Alternatively, you can launch the app from the Apps list, which you can access by holding the Home button on your Fire TV remote for a few seconds. You can move Popcornflix to the top of the list of apps to get a shortcut under Your Apps & Channels category on the home screen.
Do I have to Register for a Popcornflix Account?
While Popcornflix App on Firestick and Roku doesn’t ask users to sign in with a Popcornflix account, you may need it for syncing your Popcornflix watch history across other supported devices, including Apple TV, Xbox One, Android, and iOS. Here’s how to register for a Popcornflix account:
- First, go to popcornflix.com from a browser on your mobile device or PC.
- Next, click the burger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left corner of the page to expand the sidebar.
- Click the Log In option in the sidebar and select the “Click here to Sign Up”
- Enter your email address and a secure password on the following page, and click Sign Up once you are done.
Once you successfully register for a Popcornflix account, open the sidebar again and click the profile logo. From the Profile tab, you can add your name and other information as well.
How to Install Popcornflix on Roku
Popcornflix is officially listed on the Roku Channel Store, meaning that it’s straightforward to install on your Roku device. You can follow the steps below to add Popcornflix on Roku:
- Scroll down and select the Search option on the Roku home screen.
- Now type “Popcornflix” in the search field using the extended keyboard.
- Move to the right side of the Search menu and select Popcornflix from the results.
- On the Popcornflix app page, click the Add channel.
- Finally, click OK when the channel is added to your Roku.
You can now go back to the Roku home screen and open Popcornflix from the list of channels. You can also Move the channel to the top of the list for quick access.
A Quick Overview of Popcornflix App
Popcornflix on Firestick and Roku share the same user interface. There are no additional menus or sections in the app. It’s a unified home screen, with categories, genres, and personalized playlists in a single place.
You can keep scrolling to find New Arrivals, Most Popular, Popcornflix Originals, Staff Picks, Drama, Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Family, Western, Family, Foreign Films, Documentaries, Asian Action, and many more playlists. When you select a TV show, you also get the option to browse through the seasons and episodes.
More Related Guides
- How to Install Mobdro on FireStick
- How to Watch History Channel on FireStick
- How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
Popcornflix is a great place to watch ad-supported movies and TV shows without any subscription fees or accounts. It’s available for both Fire TV and Roku devices, and you can follow this guide to install it on Firestick and Roku. We have also included a separate section to help you register for a Popcornflix account, but it’s completely optional.