Last Updated on September 18, 2020
In this step-by-step guide, we will explain How to Install Pluto TV on Firestick under 2 minutes. If you own a Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, Fire TV Edition Smart TV, or Soundbar instead, you still can install Pluto TV on it and enjoy watching Pluto TV’s ad-supported content.
In the world of live TV and on-demand video streaming services, there are very few free options. Most require users to pay for a monthly or yearly subscription, often more than $60 per month for live TV services in some cases.
Sometimes the subscription pricing is so close to the pricing of a cable TV connection; it doesn’t even make any sense to pay for the over-the-top live TV service.
On top of that, the availability of certain channels changes based on your regional restrictions. It doesn’t matter whether you are getting the most out of the live TV plan or not; you will have to pay for the same subscription like everyone else.
There are dozens of third-party apps and services that offer premium channels for absolutely free, but most of them turn out to be unreliable after some time. Also, you might get into deep legal trouble for streaming unlicensed content.
One of the only few legitimate ways to watch live TV channels and on-demand content for free is Pluto TV, and it’s available for a vast range of devices. You can get it on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices as well, and enjoy ad-supported live and on-demand content on a bigger screen.
In this guide, we will tell you how you can install Pluto TV on Firestick.
Last Updated on September 18, 2020
What Can you watch on Pluto TV?
In addition, there are dedicated channels that only broadcast back-to-back episodes of popular TV shows, such as Leverage, Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen, American Chopper, Cold Case Files, Baywatch, The Hills, The Challenge, etc.
Apart from the live TV channels, Pluto TV has a vast on-demand catalog of 1000+ movies and TV shows. It has been made possible thanks to Pluto TV’s content syndication deals with 170+ networks.
Pluto TV doesn’t ask its users to register for an account, add credit or debit cards, and pay for a subscription. You can enjoy the live channels and on-demand content without even signing in.
As of now, the service has a massive number of monthly active users, which has recently reached 33 million throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, as well as several other Latin American and European countries.
Features of Pluto TV on Firestick
- You can stream 250+ live channels and 1000+ on-demand content on Pluto TV.
- Whether you are streaming Pluto TV over Wi-Fi or cellular, the app can auto-adjust the stream quality based on the bandwidth capacity.
- The live channels and the on-demand library is sorted into several categories so that you can find and stream your preferred content.
- Pluto TV has an awesome user interface that’s both minimal and intuitive to navigate. You can control the playback with the Fire TV Remote.
- You will have to neither sign up for a subscription nor create an account to enjoy Pluto TV’s offerings.
How to Install Pluto TV on Firestick
Pluto TV officially supports Fire TV devices, and it includes the Firestick. You can download it from the Amazon Appstore. The Pluto TV installation process on Firestick goes as follows:
- First, select the Search (magnifying glass) option from the Fire TV home screen’s top-left side.
- Now enter “Pluto TV” in the search menu using the keyboard under the text field. You can use the voice search option as well.
- After that, select Pluto TV from the suggestions below the keyboard.
- Next, click the Pluto TV app logo under the Apps & Games.
- Click the Get option on the Pluto TV app page. It should begin downloading soon.
Once Pluto TV is downloaded and installed on your Firestick, click Open to launch the app. The next time you want to launch it, go down to Your Apps & Channels row on the Fire TV home screen.
Click See All under the row if you don’t see Pluto TV on the list. You should find it at the bottom end of the following screen.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Firestick
As previously mentioned, you don’t have to sign up for an account to enjoy Pluto TV services. However, you can still create one for live and on-demand content recommendations.
It also synchronizes your Pluto TV watchlist and favorites across all of your devices. Here’s how to sign up for an account:
- On your preferred device, open up the web browser and go to pluto.tv.
- Next, click the profile icon on the top-right corner, then select the Sign up for Free.
- Now enter your name, email address, password, and birth year in the respective fields, then click the “Sign Up – Free”
- Once you create your account, launch the Pluto TV app on your Firestick.
- Highlight and click the Activate option on the main screen, then log in to your Pluto TV account by following the on-screen steps.
Once again, it should be noted that the activation process is entirely optional. You won’t have to create a Pluto TV account to access the streaming service.
How to Use Pluto TV on Fire TV Stick
Pluto TV has a very simple user interface. There are only two different sections of the app, which are Live TV and Free Movies & TV Shows. The Activate option disappears once you log in with your Pluto TV account. After that, it shows a profile icon instead.
When you select the Live TV option, you will see a compact TV guide on the right side of the screen. The top portion of the app shows a detailed description of the movie or show aired on a highlighted channel, along with a Picture-in-Picture view of the channel on the right.
From the Free Movies & TV Shows section, you can access Pluto TV’s complete of movies and TV shows, which are organized into dozens of categories.
For both live TV and on-demand content, you can enable closed captions by clicking the CC logo on the player. You can also choose your preferred subtitle language.
Furthermore, you can use the media control buttons on the Fire TV Remote to play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind through the stream.
Troubleshoot Pluto TV Streaming Errors on Firestick
Regular Pluto TV users often fail to playback live channels and on-demand titles in the app. Although the developers have pushed numerous updates to fix the issue, it still occurs from time to time on Fire TV devices for unknown reasons.
If you encounter the same problem, then follow the steps below to troubleshoot it.
- Select the Settings tab above the Fire TV home screen.
- Now scroll right to the Apps option, then select Manage All Applications in the following screen.
- After that, find and click Pluto TV in the list of installed apps on your Firestick.
- Scroll down the list of options and click Clear Cache & Data.
Once you reset the Pluto TV app, you can launch it and hope for the problem to get fixed. Otherwise, you might have to reinstall the app from the Amazon Appstore.
You May Like
- How to Watch CBS All Access on FireStick
- How to Watch USTVGO on FireStick
- How to Watch Longhorn Network on FireStick
Pluto TV is an amazing streaming service that you must install on your Firestick for streaming free channels and on-demand titles. In this guide, we have shown you the official way to install Pluto TV on Firestick, plus walked you through its user interface.