This guide illustrates How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick. The instruction provided here also works on firestick 4k, Fire Tv Cube, and other amazon fire Tv devices.
NBCUniversal entered the streaming business a few years ago with its TV Everywhere services, which gave users access to live and on-demand content from not only the main NBC and NBC Sports channel but also its sister channels, such as Bravo, SYFY, USA Network, Oxygen, E!, and Telemundo.
Similar to other TV Everywhere services, NBCUniversal’s streaming apps asked for TV provider login, which isn’t a viable choice for cord-cutters. However, that changes with the network’s new OTT streaming service named Peacock, offering a flexible subscription model for those who don’t have a cable or satellite TV connection. The service also provides a massive catalog of on-demand content from several film studios and television networks.
If you are eager to watch peacock on Firestick streaming device, then definitely continue following this guide. But first, let’s discuss what you get with Peacock and talk more about its subscription tiers.
- 1 What does Peacock TV offer for Streaming?
- 2 How to Install Peacock on Firestick?
- 3 Wrapping Up
What does Peacock TV offer for Streaming?
Peacock offers three different subscription tiers, with thousands of hours of streamable content. The free tier is ad-supported but includes only a handful of on-demand content. The $4.99 Peacock Premium subscription tier gives you access to Peacock’s complete streaming library, but it’s also ad-supported. Finally, the $9.99 subscription tier removes advertisements (with a few exceptions) and unlocks more premium content.
On its launch, Peacock is already offering hundreds of movies from big Hollywood studios, including Universal Pictures, DreamWorks Animation, Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures, etc.
Thousands of episodes from recent blockbuster TV shows and binge-worthy classic sitcoms are also available in the library, which includes NBCUniversal’s own content, along with non-exclusive shows from ViacomCBS, A&E Networks, Warner Bros. Television, Starz, and many more. Plenty of original shows have also been planned to launch on Peacock. Spanish TV shows from Telemundo can be accessed too. In addition, the service does offer on-demand for younger audiences.
Peacock will also carry non-televised English Premier League games, as well as stream the Olympics live. The Premier League Pass from NBC Sports Gold service will soon get migrated to Peacock as a premium subscription, unlocking access to 175 games every season, plus replays on-demand.
News programming from NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, and Sky News have also been added to Peacock’s vast content catalog so that you can have your daily dose of live news.
How to Sign Up for a Peacock Premium Subscription?
To sign up for a Peacock subscription, you can follow the steps below.
- Visit peacocktv.com from your preferred web browser on mobile or computer.
- Click Start Watching Now on the top of the page.
- Now click Start Watching to enter Peacock’s streaming catalog.
- After that, click the profile icon on the top-right corner of the page, then click Upgrade to Premium under Plans & Payments.
- Click Start 7-Day Free Trial under your preferred Peacock Premium plan.
- Next, select your payment method, and enter your billing information if required.
- Click Pay Now or Checkout at the bottom of the page and complete the verification.
Once you go through the verification process, your Peacock Premium subscription will get activated. You will be billed for the subscription after the 7-day trial expires. During the active trial period, you can choose to cancel your subscription as well.
How to Install Peacock on Firestick?
Unfortunately, Peacock has launched in the United States and Canada without support for Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices. There are no words on whether the service will actually launch on the following streaming platforms in the future.
NBCUniversal’s parent company Comcast hasn’t cut a deal with Amazon yet, which is why Peacock isn’t available for the Fire TV platform. However, Peacock has launched on Google’s Android TV platform, which made us wonder if it’s possible to sideload the Android TV version of a peacock on Firestick to get access to Peacock’s streaming library.
However, we downloaded the Android TV variant of the Peacock app and tried to sideload it on our Firestick, which does work fine as intended. You can follow the steps below to do the same.
Steps to Sideload Peacock TV App on Firestick
- Go to the Settings tab from the Fire TV home screen.
- Next, select My Fire TV / Device from the Settings menu. The option might also be labeled as Device & Software.
- Now click Developer options on the list, then click Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On to agree to Amazon’s disclaimer.
- Upon enabling the sideloading option, return to the Fire TV home screen and move up to select the magnifying glass icon above.
- Enter “Downloader” in the Search menu. You can also use the voice search function to search for the app.
- From the instant search results, select Downloader once again.
- After that, click the Downloader app logo below Apps & Games row on the following screen.
- Now click Get/download to download and install the Downloader app on your Firestick device.
- Click Open after the installation finishes. It will launch Downloader.
- Next, click Allow to grant required app permissions, then click OK to skip the quick start guide.
- Select the search bar on the Home page, then enter this link: https://bit.ly/2Hv3cU0
- Click Go to load the link and wait for the Peacock APK file to download.
- When it’s downloaded, you will be prompted by the installation window. Click Install to continue.
- Finally, click Done to close the installation window. Make sure to delete the APK file from the Downloader app, as it will free up storage space on your Firestick.
You can now go back to the Fire TV home screen and click the See All option under Your Apps & Channels row. Simply scroll down the list of installed apps, and you should see the Peacock app.
Once you launch the app, click Sign In on the top-right corner of the screen. You can then enter your Peacock account credentials and enjoy streaming live and on-demand content from Peacock’s sizable content catalog.
But, another workaround has been recently discovered, which takes advantage of Peacock’s Chromecast support on Android and iOS devices. Go through the next section of this guide to learn more.
Watch Peacock TV on Firestick with AllCast
The AllCast for Fire TV app enables Chromecast and DLNA support on all current-gen Fire TV devices, including the Firestick. Since the official Peacock app on Android and iOS lets you cast content on devices with Chromecast built-in, you can use the AllCast app on Firestick to watch live and on-demand content from Peacock’s streaming library. Here’s how to get it from the Amazon Appstore:
- Navigate to the top section of the Fire TV home screen to select the magnifying glass icon. The search menu will open up.
- Search for “AllCast” using either the voice search feature or the on-screen keyboard in the search menu.
- Choose AllCast or AllCast for Fire TV from the instant search list.
- Now go to the Apps & Games row of the results page, then click the AllCast for Fire TV app logo.
- Click Get on the Appstore page to begin the download and installation process of the AllCast app.
Now that AllCast for Fire TV is installed on Firestick, you can proceed to follow the instructions for casting content from the Peacock mobile app to your TV.
How to Cast Content from Peacock Mobile App to Firestick?
Casting live and on-demand streams from the Peacock mobile app to Firestick is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make sure that your smartphone and Firestick is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Peacock TV streaming app on your Android [Play Store] or iOS [App Store]
- After installation, launch the Peacock TV app and log in with your Peacock account credentials.
- Now open the AllCast for Fire TV app on your Firestick. You won’t have to go through any sort of set-up process.
- Next, choose the content you want to watch on your TV from the Peacock TV app on your smartphone, then click the Cast icon in the top-right corner of the stream player.
That’s it! The video stream will start playing on your Firestick via the AllCast app after a few seconds. You can now binge-watch your favorite shows on-demand, as well as live sports from Peacock’s content library.
- How to Watch BT Sport on FireStick
- How to Watch NASCAR on FireStick
- How to Install Google Chrome on FireStick
In this post, we have demonstrated how to Install Peacock TV on firestick and fire tv. Until Peacock eventually rolls out its standalone streaming app for Fire TV devices, you can either sideload the Android TV variant or use the cast functionality on the Peacock TV mobile app to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and sports content on Firestick.
The AllCast app also works with Fire TV (Gen 3) and Fire TV Cube (Gen 1 / Gen 2), which means you can watch Peacock on other Fire TV devices as well.