Last Updated on March 27, 2022
This article provides a step-by-step guide that will show you how to install NOW TV on FireStick. The instructions provided in this guide work on FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, as well as an older Fire TV device.
In Europe, streaming services have seen exponential growth in userbase, thanks to the fact that the monthly subscription plans are much more affordable compared to cable set-top box contracts.
However, there aren’t many OTT live TV streaming services in Europe, especially in the United Kingdom where BT, Sky, and Virgin Media are three of the main cable TV providers.
However, for those who don’t want to pay for a cable TV connection and rely on it for content consumption, Sky does offer its NOW TV service, providing both live channels and on-demand content from their proprietary channels and a handful of partner networks.
NOW TV is compatible with a vast range of devices. If you are planning to get a subscription of NOW TV and enjoy its live and on-demand offerings on your Amazon Firestick, then we recommend you go through this guide to setup Now TV on Firestick.
What is NOW TV?
NOW TV is an over-the-top British streaming service in the United Kingdom, which provides contract-free access to Sky’s premium lineup of entertainment, movies, and sports channels. Instead of forcing users to sign up for a long-term contract, NOW TV offers different types of TV passes that users can pay for on a monthly basis.
There are five TV passes available on NOW TV, which are Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Kids, Sky Sports, and Hayu. Most of these passes are listed as monthly options, except the Sky Sports pass that you can get just for one day or a week. Here’s more about the passes in detail:
Entertainment Pass: It includes 300+ box-sets and the latest episodes from your favorite TV shows on Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Sky Witness, Sky Comedy, Sky Crime, Comedy Central, FOX, HBO, Discovery, SYFY, MTV, etc. You can get it for only £8.99/month.
Sky Cinema Pass: With this NOW TV pass, you can enjoy 1000+ movies-on-demand, as well as 11 Sky Movies channels, live on the service. The Sky Cinema Pass is priced at £11.99/month.
Kids Pass: The Kids Pass offers a vast library of shows for kids from Sky Kids, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Boomerang, and Cartoonito channels. The channels can also be watched live from the NOW TV app. The pass costs only £3.99/month.
Sky Sports Pass: Sky Sports Pass gives you access to 11 live sports channels from Sky, including Main Event, Premier League, F1, Cricket, Golf, Racing, Football, Action, Arena, Mix, and News.
The Month Pass variant will cost you £33.99, while the Day Pass and Week Pass are available for £9.99 and £14.99, respectively. To stream select Sky Sports channels in 1080p@50fps with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, you can pay for the NOW TV Boost* (£3+) add-on as well.
hayu Pass: The hayu Pass on Now TV lets you watch 5000+ episodes of famous American reality TV shows on-demand. The pass is priced at £3.99/month.
*NOW TV Boost also adds one extra stream to your subscription, letting you stream on up to three devices simultaneously instead of two devices. It’s worth mentioning that you will need at least 12Mbps of minimum network bandwidth to stream Sky Sports channels in 1080p quality.
Features of NOW TV
- NOW TV passes give users the option to watch their preferred content instead of forcing them to pay for live channels and on-demand content that they have no interest in.
- You can watch Sky Sports channels in up to 1080p Full HD resolution with 5.1 Dolby Digital audio output (NOW TV Boost add-on required).
- All NOW TV passes (except the Sports Pass) can be availed for a 7-day free trial. You can cancel the pass during the trial period.
- You won’t have to sign a long-term contract to enjoy NOW TV’s live and on-demand content.
Can You Install NOW TV on FireStick?
NOW TV is compatible with a huge lineup of streaming devices, including Android/iOS smartphones and tablets, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, smart TVs from LG/Samsung/Hisense, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, as well as Windows and macOS platforms.
However, NOW TV isn’t compatible with Amazon Fire TV devices yet, which is rather unfortunate for Firestick users in the United Kingdom.
While many websites have suggested Firestick users to sideload the Android mobile variant of the NOW TV app, we can confirm that it doesn’t work anymore due to video aspect ratio issues and DRM restrictions.
We aren’t sure why NOW TV isn’t available for Amazon Fire TV devices. Many doubt that the service will ever launch on the Fire TV platform in the future. So, the answer is– no, you can’t install NOW TV on Firestick.
Watch NOW TV on Firestick with AllCast
AllCast for Fire TV is a utility app from ClockworkMod that lets you cast content on Firestick from a smartphone or PC over a DLNA connection. When installed, it basically turns your Firestick to a Chromecast receiver.
Since the NOW TV mobile app on Android and iOS does have Chromecast support, you can use the AllCast app to playback live and on-demand streams from NOW TV on Firestick. The following steps will show you how to get it from the Amazon Appstore.
- Go to the Search (hand lens) option next to the tab group above the Fire TV home screen.
- Use voice search on your Firestick remote or the virtual keyboard on the search menu to search for the “AllCast for Fire TV”
- In the search menu, select AllCast or AllCast for Fire TV from the suggestions.
- On the next page, click the AllCast app logo under the Apps & Games.
- Finally, click the Get option below AllCast’s description on the Appstore page.
Once AllCast is installed on your Firestick, return to the Fire TV home screen and scroll down to Your Apps & Channels row to launch AllCast for Fire TV.
If you don’t see the app in the row, then click See All instead. You will find at the bottom of the list of installed apps on Firestick.
How to Sign up for a NOW TV Subscription?
To sign up for your preferred NOW TV pass, you can go through the instructions below.
- Visit nowtv.com from a web browser on your mobile device or computer.
- Click Join NOW TV from the top bar of the website, and choose your preferred NOW TV pass or bundle on the following page.
- Next, review your subscription.
- Click Checkout, then click Continue to checkout once again.
- Enter your personal details (including username and password) on the next page. You will also have to enter your address and fill up the payment field with your credit/debit card details.
Once you verify your card details and complete the payment, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV. You can now log in to NOW TV on a compatible device and start watching.
Cast Content from the NOW TV App on Firestick
Now that you have a NOW TV subscription, the following steps will show you the way to cast content from the NOW TV mobile app on your Firestick:
- First, download and install the NOW TV app on your Android [Play Store] or iOS [App Store]
- Next, launch the app and follow the on-screen instructions to log in with your NOW TV account credentials.
- Now launch the AllCast for Fire TV app on your Firestick. Make sure that your Android/iOS device and Firestick is sharing the same Wi-Fi or LAN connection.
- Select the live channel or on-demand content you want to watch from the NOW TV app, then click the Cast (rectangle with three waves) icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
Voila! The AllCast app on your Firestick will soon start streaming the content you have chosen to cast via NOW TV on your Android or iOS device.
SEE MORE FIRESTICK RELATED POSTS
INSTALL ESPN ON FIRESTICK
ESPN is a sports network that broadcasts live games, programs, and news. ESPN can be seen on TV providers such as Comcast, DirecTV, Dish Network, and AT&T U-verse. You may also subscribe to the digital version of the channel through services like Sling TV or YouTube TV if you don’t have a provider.
ACTIVATE NBC ON FIRESTICK
The NBC app offers the 24/7 NBC linear channel feed, along with an on-demand catalog stacked with NBC shows and special programming. The official NBC app on Firestick offers the best overall experience, assuming that you do have a cable subscription. However, it’s also possible to log in to the app with your Hulu, fuboTV, Sling, and YouTube TV subscription since these are officially registered TV providers in the US.
INSTALL BRITBOX ON FIRESTICK
The BritBox app on Fire TV devices gives you access to a massive on-demand library of classic, current, and upcoming British content all in one place. If you are fond of watching British shows and films, then BritBox is a must-try for your video streaming needs. We have given detailed steps to install and activate BritBox on Firestick, plus an in-depth look at Britbox’s offerings in this guide.
GET CRUNCHYROLL ON FIRESTICK
Crunchyroll is an on-demand video streaming service exclusively for anime fans. If you like to watch anime shows, then Crunchyroll is the ultimate streaming service for your needs. You can install the official Crunchyroll app on Firestick by following this guide. Furthermore, we have added detailed instructions to help you sign up for the Premium subscription and log in to the app
NOW TV offers not only a vast range of on-demand movies and TV shows but also live British TV channels without asking users for a cable connection. Although the over-the-top streaming service isn’t available for the Fire TV platform yet, you can follow our workaround in this guide to watch NOW TV on Firestick.
If you encounter buffering issues with AllCast, then close the app on your Firestick and cast the content once again from the NOW TV app on your mobile device. Also, make sure that both of the devices are in close proximity to your Wi-Fi router.