The following tutorial will show you how to get NFL Sunday Ticket on Firestick. You can also install the NFL Sunday Ticket app on other Fire TV devices, such as the Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, Soundbars, Fire TV Cube (Gen 1 and Gen 2), and Fire TV Pendant (Gen 3 only).
NFL Sunday Ticket is an add-on sports package that gives everyone access to out-of-market regular-season games that are not broadcasted on local affiliate stations.
American satellite TV provider DirecTV has been the only distributor of the package, until now. AT&T has finally opened the doors for non-subscribers to stream NFL Sunday Ticket on their favorite streaming devices, including Amazon Fire TV.
Although the offer only applies in 29 US regions (mostly where the NFL teams are located), eligible NFL viewers can get an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription and stream out-of-market games without a DirecTV connection. According to recent reports, AT&T is supposedly going to expand the offer in other US markets soon.
If you are looking for a way to watch NFL Sunday Ticket games on Firestick, then definitely check out this guide. It has everything you need to install the NFL Sunday Ticket app and activate it on Firestick.
- 1 NFL Sunday Ticket on Firestick (Overview)
- 2 How to Install NFL Sunday Ticket on Firestick
- 3 Watch NFL Sunday Ticket Games on Firestick with DAZN in Canada
- 4 Final Words
NFL Sunday Ticket on Firestick (Overview)
DirecTV offers its official NFL Sunday Ticket app for Fire TV devices. With the respective subscription, you can stream every out-of-market Sunday football game live on your TV, with or without a DirecTV connection.
On Firestick, the NFL Sunday Ticket app lets you watch up to four games at the same time, as well as switch between the different audio channels and closed captions. The live games start streaming as soon as you launch the app.
The stream plays back in PiP (Picture-in-Picture) mode even when you browse through different sections of the app so that you never miss out on the best moments. In addition, you get a detailed view of schedules, scores, and in-progress information for every game in a single place.
There are currently two package options: NFLST GO and NFLST MAX. The GO package includes all the out-of-market games that you can’t watch on local television. During the regular season, the games are aired every Sunday afternoon. For the GO package, you can either pay $73.49/month for four months or make a one-time payment of $293.94 for every season.
If you buy the NFL Sunday Ticket MAX package, then you will be able to stream the DirecTV Fantasy Zone live every Sunday afternoon and get an extensive view of real-time stats, video highlights, previews, expert analysis, player updates, and more.
You also get the DirecTV Red Zone channel for game replays, highlight, post-match analysis, and statistics. This package will cost you $99/month or $395.99/season.
Features of NFL Sunday Ticket App on Firestick
- With the NFL Sunday Ticket app on Firestick, you can watch the NFL games that are not broadcasted on your local cable station.
- The out-of-market NFL games are available for streaming in HD quality.
- Assuming that you pay for the NFLST MAX package, you will get live and on-demand access to DirecTV’s Fantasy Zone and Red Zone channels in the NFL Sunday Ticket app.
- You can watch four Sunday football games simultaneously on one screen.
- You don’t necessarily need a DirecTV connection to watch NFL Sunday Ticket games on Firestick.
How to Install NFL Sunday Ticket on Firestick
You can get the NFL Sunday Ticket app on your Firestick from the Amazon Appstore. For new users that don’t know how to do it, we have given step-by-step instructions below. The installation process goes as follows:
- First, go to the search menu by selecting the Search (hand lens logo) option above the Fire TV home screen.
- Search for NFL Sunday Ticket in the search menu. You can either type it in using the on-screen keyboard or use the Voice Search feature.
- Choose NFL Sunday Ticket from the instant search results on the menu.
- After that, click the NFL Sunday Ticket app logo under Apps & Games on the following results page.
- Click Get on the NFL Sunday Ticket app download page. It should start downloading soon.
Once the NFL Sunday Ticket app is successfully installed on your Firestick, click Open to launch it. You can also launch it from Your Apps & Channels section of the Fire TV home screen.
In case the following section is occupied by other apps, click See All and go to the bottom of the list to launch the NFL Sunday Ticket app. Alternatively, hold the Home button on the Fire TV Remote and click Apps from the overlay menu to get to the same list-view of apps.
How to Sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket
You can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket from nflst.directv.com/amazonfiretv. You will be asked to enter your street address, unit, and ZIP Code to check whether you are eligible or not for the offer.
For non-subscribers, the offer only applies to those areas where DirecTV is unable to offer its services, or the satellite signals are too weak to be in working conditions.
Apart from the regular GO and MAX package, DirecTV also offers another NFL Sunday Ticket package exclusive for college and university students.
The NFLST U package costs $24.99/month for four months and $99.96/season. Note that this exclusive package provides the same benefits as MAX, including Fantasy Zone and Red Zone. However, you will have to verify your name, institution, and birthdate to be eligible for the package.
Once you sign up, you can pay with either credit/debit card or PayPal for your NFL Sunday Ticket subscription. Also, it’s worth mentioning that only one device can be used to access out-of-market Sunday football games remotely at any given time.
How to Activate NFL Sunday Ticket App on Firestick
The following steps will walk you through the activation process of the NFL Sunday Ticket app on Firestick:
- First, launch the NFL Sunday Ticket app on your Fire TV device.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to log in to the app with your account credentials.
Once you manage to activate the NFL Sunday Ticket app, you can watch live and on-demand Sunday football games on your Firestick, as well as access the Fantasy Zone and Red Zone sections.
Watch NFL Sunday Ticket Games on Firestick with DAZN in Canada
In 2017, DAZN acquired the rights to NFL’s out-of-market Sunday football games in Canada. You can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket on DAZN for $49.75/month for four months and $199/season. However, the pricing is subject to your region.
On top of that, you will have to pay for the existing DAZN subscription, which costs CA $20/month and $150/year. Note that the first month of your DAZN subscription will be free. Furthermore, you will be able to stream NFL Sunday Ticket games on your Firestick with the official DAZN app.
Go to dazn.com/en-CA/l/nfl-sunday-ticket/ for more information. You can also add NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, and NFL Game Pass to your DAZN subscription.
- Watch Monday Night Football on FireStick
- How to Watch Premier League on Firestick
- How to Watch PPV on FireStick
- How to Watch UFC on FireStick
In this guide, we have discussed the ways to watch NFL Sunday Ticket games on Firestick, in both the United States and Canada. Although you can grab an NFL Sunday Ticket package without a DirecTV connection, it all depends on your eligibility and regional availability.