Netflix is a subscription-based media streaming service popular across the globe. If you love watching movies and shows then you would have definitely heard at least once about the greatest streaming service of all time, Netflix. The platform supports various commonly used devices, but for this article, we will be just focusing on Netflix on Firestick devices.
You are free to stream content on Netflix whenever and wherever you want by just paying a little fee. It has different subscription packages to offer at affordable prices so that the service can cater to the different needs and requirements of the masses out there. If you are a firestick user then in the following tutorial we will show you how to install Netflix for firestick under 2 minutes.
- 1 What is Netflix?
- 2 Use VPN to Watch Netflix From Anywhere in the World
- 3 How to Install Netflix on FireStick
- 4 Get Netflix App on FireStick with Downloader app
- 5 How to Setup Netflix on Firestick
- 6 How to Fix Netflix not working on Firestick
- 7 Bottomline
What is Netflix?
There are lots and lots of streaming options in the market, but only the unique and best ones tend to stand out from the crowd, and Netflix definitely being one of them. Netflix is a cross-platform service that works on servers so you are free to start watching your favorite episode on mobile and continuing later on Firestick from where you initially left off.
Just pay the fee for the month and you can stream whenever you want. Old, new and various popular movies, shows, series, etc are available for consumption on Netflix.
Features of Netflix on Firestick
- Netflix works on a month-to-month subscription model, so there’s no tension of going through and signing up for any commitment or contracts.
- It has a one-month free trial so that you can test out the service and then decide whether or not it’s fit for you.
- It has an ever-growing collection of movies, shows, documentaries, series, short films, Anime, and lots more video content to keep you hooked to your screen. Haven’t you heard of Netflix and chill?
- It’s an ad-free application. No disturbance while you stream your favorite content.
- Netflix on Firestick can be streamed in high definition video quality with a fast Internet connection.
- It has multiple language support. So, your favorite Spanish movie may be available to stream in some other language too. If not, you can always rely on the given subtitles.
- It’s a cross-platform application so you can start watching on one device and continue on some other device from where you initially left off.
- You can even set your preferences and based on that, Netflix can suggest the aptest titles that you would love to watch.
Use VPN to Watch Netflix From Anywhere in the World
Netflix is supported in 200+ countries so basically there’s no need of using a VPN to access the platform. But, due to some reasons, the platform has adopted a strict geo-block policy where some content (movies and TV shows) are available for streaming in specific regions only.
Netflix is an advanced platform that keeps updating itself in terms of security and various other factors. So, unfortunately, a lot of VPN servers are blocked by Netflix. Henceforth, if you try to access them using one such blocked server, the system will automatically detect it and you won’t be able to continue further.
But, in spite of all this, few remain undetected, IPVanish VPN and ExpressVPN, being two such services. You can directly download these from the Amazon App Store. Not all, but few of the popular servers of these VPN services tend to work flawlessly with Netflix. So, go ahead and start enjoying the geo-blocked content easily.
How to Install Netflix on FireStick
Firestick can be downloaded and installed directly through the official Amazon App Store. In this section, we will take a look at the step by step process for the same. Let’s begin!
- Switch on your Firestick devices and head to the default home screen.
- On the top left corner, select the search icon and enter Netflix in the search bar. To proceed, hit on enter.
- From the displayed results, choose the correct Netflix app option.
- Look for the Download or Get button and click on it.
- Be patient while the downloading takes place. Once completed, you are ready to open the app and start using it.
Get Netflix App on FireStick with Downloader app
If for some reason you aren’t able to download Netflix from the Amazon App store then you will have to sideload the app, i.e. download it from third-party sources and we will be helping you with the same in this section. Follow each step carefully as then only you will be able to successfully install Netflix on Firestick.
- Light up your Firestick device and head to Settings option. After that, select the Device/My Fire TV section.
- Now, follow the sequence, Developer>> ADB Debugging>> Turn on Apps From Unknown Sources
- Head to the home screen now and click on the search icon.
- Enter Downloader in the search bar and hit on the enter button to process the search term.
- From the displayed search results, click on the correct Downloader app and select the Download option to get the app on your device.
- Once the download process is completed, just click on Open to launch the service.
- In the address bar of the Downloader app, just copy and paste this url: https://bit.ly/33uN2Ax
- Click on the go button to load the entered URL.
- Wait for the server to connect and just follow the on-screen instructions to finish up with the installation process of Netflix app.
- That’s it! Once the installation process is finished, you are free to use the app as per your convenience.
How to Setup Netflix on Firestick
Netflix is a great application, no doubt, but if you are using it for the first time, especially on Firestick then it’s recommended to at least go through this section once so that you are clear on the initial setup part. First, we will cover on how you can sign up for a Netflix account. If you already own an account then you can move on to the second part which will basically explain to you step by step on how you can actually set up your Netflix for Firestick. Let’s roll up!
Part 1.1 – How to register for a Netflix account
- Load Netflix.com from your browser. Doesn’t matter whether it is on your mobile or computer.
- Click on Sign-in or Try 30 Days Free to proceed ahead.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to continue and very soon, you will land on a page where you will have to enter the email address and password that you would like to keep for your account. Again, click on continue to proceed ahead.
- Load up the Plans section and choose the one which fits as per your needs and requirements. Just note that if you have got a Firestick 4K and 4K television then only go for the Premium option otherwise go for the Standard plan (1080p) or something below than that. Figure out your requirements and then make a wise decision.
- Choose the most appropriate payment method out of the available options – Credit/Debit/PayPal. Enter the correct payment details and verify them once before proceeding. Remember, you will be getting a free trial offer for the first 30 days and after that, you will be charged on a monthly basis.
- Give an end to the process by clicking on Finish.
Part 1.2: Steps To Setup Netflix on Firestick
- Open the Netflix app on Firestick
- On the welcome page, look for an option that says Sign In or something similar and just click on it.
- The new page will load up where you will have to enter the email address and password that you have created earlier while registering for your Netflix account.
- For the first and one-time setup, just follow the displayed on-screen instructions and in a matter of a few minutes, you should be inside Netflix’s home screen.
How to Fix Netflix not working on Firestick
Netflix is a very popular app, no doubt, but this doesn’t mean that it can’t catch up with any issues or errors. One such popular Netflix error is the one which displays the following message: “Netflix encountered an error“. Let’s look at a few common solutions or approaches that you can adopt for the solution to such issues.
At times, apps may not work properly due to an outdated firmware version on Firestick. To solve the issue, simply update your Firestick to the latest firmware version. Just follow the sequence and you are good to go:
“Settings>> System>> About>> Install System Update>> The download would now take place automatically.”
Reinstall Netflix app
In certain cases, the installation of the app may not have taken place properly which could be due to any reason. Henceforth, the missing installation files could lead to errors. To deal with them, you can just reinstall the Netflix app. To perform the uninstallation, follow the below sequential steps, and following the above guide, you can again install the Netflix app.
“Settings>> Applications>> Manage Installed Applications>> Find and click Netflix>> Click Uninstall”
Check your Internet Connection
Ascertain that the Internet connection is functioning properly. Try to find if there is interference in the WiFi-signal of any kind. To solve the connectivity issue, you can just restart your router or unplug the main cable for a minute and then reconnect to see if the issue was related to the Internet connection.
You May Like
- How To Install Google Photos on Firestick
- How to Watch Fox Sports on Firestick
- How to Watch Hotstar on Firestick
Netflix is the king when it comes to entertaining video content that you can enjoy at your own pace and convenience. There are lots and lots of interesting Netflix features that we couldn’t cover in the article for obvious reasons and to explore those, you must download and install Netflix on Firestick right away.
You can use any one of the above installation methods as both of them seem to be working fine. But, if you ask us then we would recommend you to stick with the first one as it’s directly through the official Amazon app store. That being said, Netflix will definitely keep you hooked to your Firestick device screen.