Last Updated on September 19, 2020
The following article will show you how to install Mobdro on Firestick. You can also use this guide to install Mobdro on a Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire TV Edition Soundbars as well.
Third-party video-streaming apps are undoubtedly more popular than premium streaming services, as not everyone can pay for a monthly subscription. However, these apps often stop working due to developers receiving legal notices and abandoning the project altogether.
There are hundreds of apps offering movies and TV shows for free. In fact, some also provide live TV channels and sports content. But none of them is as reliable as Mobdro, which we will discuss in detail today.
Mobdro has been maintained for years now, and it has been consistently delivering an exhaustive catalog of on-demand streams for free. Whether it’s a movie, TV show episode, or a live TV channel, you can search for anything on Mobdro get access to streamable links.
Mobdro is available for Android devices, and you can get it on Fire TV devices as well. Those who own a Firestick can follow this guide to learn more about Mobdro and sideload it on their devices.
Last Updated on September 19, 2020
- 1 What does Mobdro offer on Firestick?
- 2 How to Install Mobdro on Firestick
- 3 A Quick Overview of Mobdro on FireStick
- 4 Fix Mobdro’s no Audio Issue on Firestick
- 5 Bottomline
What does Mobdro offer on Firestick?
Mobdro offers quick access to publicly available streamable links scattered across the internet. Often times, searching for a movie, TV show, or a live TV channel feed on the web redirects you to shady websites.
They might be a free source to the content you searched for, but they definitely are not the safest sites to visit. You might get malware or adware on your device, which hampers your device’s wellbeing.
Mobdro works as an indexed search tool that scrapes links from the working stream sources. It eliminates your need to visit the ad-ridden websites.
As long as there’s an open stream source, you can search for your favorite movies, TV shows, and channels on Mobdro and playback the stream through the app. In case one stream doesn’t work, you can always go for the alternative streams that show up in the search results.
You can also mark the streams as favorites if you want to access them later. Depending on the source, the stream quality can go up to 1080p on Firestick, but it’s a hit or miss in that regard.
Features of Mobdro on Firestick
- Mobdro can fetch on-demand streams of movies and TV shows, as well as live TV channels from public sources.
- You can also choose from Mobdro’s categories and browse through thousands of streams.
- The app uses the intuitive Leanback interface, and it’s natively compatible with Fire TV Remotes.
- The maximum stream quality is capped to Full HD resolution.
- Firestick users can download and use Mobdro for free. You have to neither sign up for an account nor a subscription.
How to Install Mobdro on Firestick
You won’t be able to find Mobdro on Amazon Appstore, as it’s not a verified app, and it gives users access to unlicensed streams. However, you can still sideload the Mobdro APK on Firestick, just like what you would do on an Android device.
Since sideloading involves a lot of steps, we have separated the installation process into three distinct parts, making it much easier for you to follow.
Part 1: Enable Installation of Apps from External Sources
By default, you can install apps on Firestick only from the Amazon Appstore for security reasons. However, you can bypass that option by enabling a setting, which is primarily intended for developers to test their apps on the platform. Here’s how you can enable it:
- First, go to the settings menu by highlighting the Settings tab above the Fire TV home screen.
- Next, scroll to the Device & Software option and click it. On the older Fire OS versions, the option is also called My Fire TV or Device.
- Now click Developer options and select Apps from Unknown Sources in the following menu.
- A warning message will appear on the screen. Click Turn On to close it and go back to the Developer options menu.
Now that you can install apps from external sources, return to the Fire TV home screen and follow the next part of this installation guide.
Note that enabling this developer option doesn’t void your Fire TV device’s warranty. You can turn it off anytime you want after sideloading apps.
Part 2: Get Downloader from the Amazon Appstore
You will need the Downloader app to download the latest Mobdro APK on Firestick. Fortunately, the app is available in the Amazon Appstore, and you can follow the instructions below to install it.
- Go to the Search menu from the Fire TV home screen by highlighting the magnifying glass icon above.
- In the Search menu, search for the Downloader app using either the voice search feature or the keyboard.
- Now select Downloader the group of keyword results that show up on the same menu.
- After that, navigate to the Apps & Games row and click the Downloader app banner.
- Click Get or Download to begin downloading the Downloader app. It will get installed automatically after the download ends.
Once you have Downloader installed on Firestick, click Open to launch the app and follow the final part below.
Part 3: Download and sideload Mobdro APK on Firestick
After you launch the Downloader app, simply go through the following steps as instructed:
- Click Allow in the pop-up window to give Downloader read and write storage permissions.
- Next, click OK to skip the quick start guide to the Downloader app.
- Select and click the URL bar on Downloader’s Home page, enter “https://bit.ly/35RSCR0” in the field without the quotes, then click Go.
- Once the Mobdro APK file completes downloading, click Install in the following installer window.
- Click Done when the installer shows you the “App Installed” message. It will send you back to the Downloader app window.
- Finally, remove the APK file by clicking the Delete option in the Downloader app to free up storage space.
You can now launch the Mobdro app on your Firestick from the “Your Apps & Channels” row on the Fire TV home screen.
You can access it quickly by holding the Home button on the Fire TV Remote for a few seconds, then clicking the Apps option. Mobdro should be listed at the bottom of the page. Move it to the beginning of the app list so that you can access it directly from the Fire TV home screen.
A Quick Overview of Mobdro on FireStick
When you launch Mobdro on Firestick for the first time, click Agree to accept the app’s end user license agreement. You can learn more about it from the official Mobdro website. After that, click Allow to give Mobdro access to your Firestick’s storage.
Once you are on the main page, you should see the Categories section. From there, you can browse through different categories of streams, including Channels, News, Shows, Movies, Sports, Music, Tech, Gaming, etc. On top of Mobdro’s main page, you will find the Search and Favorites option.
You will find the Live section under Categories, as well as a handful of additional sections. At the very end of the page, you will find Settings, from where you can check for app updates, change the app language, switch between hardware and software decoding modes, and many more.
We strongly advise not to enable the NO ADS option, as it will use your device resources and impact your Firestick’s performance.
Fix Mobdro’s no Audio Issue on Firestick
Mobdro users on Firestick often face no audio issues when playing back streams. In case you encounter the issues, follow the steps below to fix it.
- First, go to the Mobdro Settings.
- After that, select Display and Sounds from the list of options, then click Audio.
- Click the Surround Sound option and set it to Stereo.
While you will miss out on multi-channel audio, setting the audio to Stereo will at least fix the no audio issue during the stream playback.
Also, in case you get the “Check your connection” error message, either reconnect the Firestick to your home Wi-Fi network or reinstall the app.
- How to Install Theater Plus on FireStick
- How to Install HD Moviebox on FireStick
- How to Install Cinema APK on FireStick
- How to Install APKTime on FireStick
In this guide, we have discussed Mobdro’s features and showed you the way to install Mobdro on Firestick. Until you switch to a paid streaming service, you can use Mobdro to enjoy movies, TV shows, channels, and additional on-demand content for free.