Last Updated on August 13, 2020
In today’s article, we will be discussing about How to Install IPVanish VPN on Firestick. It’s very important in today’s time to protect yourself from online hackers, fraudsters, scamsters, etc and the best way of doing it is through IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish is a famous VPN service that’s known worldwide for its amazing streaming and downloading speed.
Generally, most of the VPN services out there in the market fail to provide good speed and no matter how great the service is, there will be a more or less drop in the speed because the traffic gets routed via a different server (VPN).
So, when comparing among all these VPN services, IPVanish VPN managed to stay very much relevant to the original speed of your ISP.
IPVanish is also known for its strict privacy laws and therefore they don’t keep any track logs of the websites you visit or the downloads that you make to your Firestick device.
The VPN service also has a special and dedicated app for the Firestick device. This is a unique feature which makes IPVanish stand out from the crowd.
The user interface has been designed in such a manner that you can easily use it with remote control. It’s very much important these days to connect to the Internet through VPN whether at home or public area.
Why Do You Need a VPN?
- To access or transmit confidential or sensitive information securely.
- If you plan to stream content which is under Geo restriction then that’s only possible with a good VPN.
- Accessing any pirated content directly can lead cops to your front door and this is where VPN comes in play to save you from this trouble. This has very less chances of happening but you never know! You could be the one chosen to set an example for others! Remember, you never know!
- It’s more of an extension of the above point only and i.e. to hide your browsing activity from your local ISP or government.
- To download files from websites that are blocked in your region or are always under the nose of the respective organizations. For example – Torrent websites
- To keep yourself safe from hackers or scamsters who are trying to break into your system.
Features of IPVanish VPN
- It has dedicated and a special app for different platforms including Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Amazon Fire devices, to name a few.
- With one account, you are allowed to have unlimited simultaneous connections.
- The user interface is very smooth and straightforward. Also, because it’s specially customized for different platforms, you are going to have no problem in using it.
- It sports zero log policy which simply means that no matter what website you visit or file you download to your device, nothing would be tracked or recorded from the service’s side.
- It consists of 1000+ servers with more than 40,000 IP addresses across it.
- It has no bandwidth or downloads the data limit. Use till whenever you want!
- DNS Leak Protection
- Killswitch is available as an option
- The servers are located all across the globe.
- It allows you to stream Geo-restricted content. Like, some of the Netflix US Web series which are banned in other countries, can easily be streamed through IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
- The company behind the VPN service takes your security and privacy very seriously. Therefore, they have split tunneling included in their system so that you can enjoy uninterrupted service.
How to Install IPVanish VPN On Firestick
IPVanish on Firestick is very easy and straightforward to download and install. The VPN service has there official app listed in the Amazon app store and we will be focusing on that only. Follow the steps carefully and in no time you would have IPVanish on your Firestick up and running.
- For our readers, we have arranged special discount deals. Click here to Get IPVanish VPN.
- Choose the most appropriate subscription plan.
- Light up your Firestick device and head to the home screen. Look for the search icon and just click on it.
- You will now have the option to enter the service name that you want to install on your device. So, what are you waiting for? Just go ahead and type in IPVanish VPN.
- From the displayed search results, look for the correct IPVanish VPN option. It should resemble the official icon. Once found, just click on it.
- Now, you would be on a new screen. Just look for the Get OR download button and hit on it. Wait while the process of the installation takes place.
- Once done, just open the app from then and there itself. Or, you can head to the App Drawer and open it from there.
- Enter your login credentials to get into your previously created VPN account.
- Hit on the Connect option and after the authentication, within a few seconds, your VPN would be activated. If by chance you are asked for any permissions then allow them.
- Lastly, if you want to turn off the VPN service then you can click on the Disconnect button.
How to Setup IPVanish VPN on Firestick
The above steps are good to install and quickly get started with IPVanish on Firestick. But, there are a lot of settings and options that you are missing out on and if these are tweaked in the right manner then you could get the most out of the VPN service.
Just ensure that you have the latest version of the VPN service installed as some of the options that we are going to discuss below aren’t available in the older versions. To begin you will need to get access to the Settings menu by clicking on the gear icon located in the top right corner. Now, let’s take a look at the different options:
This feature would automatically turn on the VPN as soon as you turn on your device. If you don’t wish to get it automatically begin at the startup time then you can turn off the option. Though, we still recommend you to keep it turned on.
As the name suggests, if turned on the option would automatically re-launch the VPN whenever it would get disconnected due to any technical issue right from network error to a server error. Keep it always turned on, as this way you won’t have to worry about coming again and again here just to reactivate the IPVanish VPN on Firestick.
If you only wish to route some specific apps and services through the VPN’s tunnel then that is possible via Split Tunneling option.
Under this option, you will get to choose the connection protocol. You mainly have two options to choose from: OpenVPN TCP and OpenVPN UDP. The OpenVPN UDP is slower whereas the OpenVPN TCP is more faster and stable. But, if by any chance, you are not able to connect to the faster connection protocol then you can go for the other one.
Allow LAN Access
With this option enabled, the local networks aren’t going to get re-routed via the VPN. Some may think that this may get your device vulnerable but that’s not the case, so nothing to worry about.
Many websites and services tend to work in a certain way so that they can detect and block the VPN services so to avoid that we have the Scramble option. Generally, there won’t be a need for this option but if you ever need to then you can anytime come back and enable it.
Three port options (443, 1994, 8443) are available through which the traffic can be routed. We recommend you to go with the port option 443, as it’s the most advanced and best option out of the available three.
Lastly, we have got the Contact support that can provide you with the relevant contact details to reach out to the customer care executives of the company.
IPVanish on Firestick isn’t fear anymore as we have covered almost everything about it in this article. Right from the installation to the setup, we have got you covered so that you can instantly get started with IPVanish.
Just ensure that you follow our instructions carefully and you will be utilizing online services through the VPN even before you know it. No matter, what you hear about IPVanish, trust us, it’s one of the best out there in the market when it comes to protecting your online privacy and safety.