Last Updated on August 29, 2022
FireSticks are great portable devices that allow you to broadcast content over TVs wherever you may travel. All you need is a television with an HDMI cord and a USB port, and you’re set. FireStick has a host of apps you can install to the device to enhance viewing pleasures. Among these is Stremium.
If you don’t know what Stremium is, or you’re wondering how to set it up on your FireStick, you’re in the right place. This article will show you everything you need to know about setting up Stremium, including what it is, how it started, and why you should invest in it.
So, keep reading if you’re curious about adding Stremium to your FireStick.
Once you decide Stremium is the right service for you, go through these simple steps to start watching free Live Cable TV and cloud DVR today.
- Plug in your FireStick and wait for the home screen to load.
- Once the home screen loads, toggle over to the find bar on the home screen. It should be in the middle center near the profile picture on the left side of the screen.
- Select find.
- Move your cursor down to the first box on the left of the screen. A red square should illuminate the orange box that says search. It has a search bar outline with a microphone plastered in the center of the rectangle.
- Click search.
- Once you click the search box, a keyboard should pop up, signaling you to type in any word you wish.
- Type in stremium and press enter.
- Stremium will pop up. The app should be a dark blue box with a play button in the middle of it. In the box, the app reads Live TV and DVR under the Stremium logo. This logo should be in the apps and games folder of the store.
- Download the app and wait for it to load.
A popular app used on the FireStick to download outside sources is Downloader. Downloader helps circumnavigate all the intricacies of apps and games by loading them all onto one app. It is specific to FireStick, so if you wish to use this app to download Stremium, here’s a step-by-step breakdown.
- If you do not yet have Stremium, visit the home screen and toggle over to the Find button on the top left of the screen.
- Click find, scroll down to search, and type in Downloader.
- The Downloader app is an orange icon with a large white arrow in the middle of the screen.
- Click and download Downloader.
- Since this app loads other apps, you need to adjust your settings.
- Close out of the search bar and go to settings.
- Toggle to My Fire TV. It should be the fifth square on the right side of the second row. It will have a tiny FireStick remote backing a gray icon.
- Click it and scroll down to developer options. This icon is two down from the top. The text at the top reads My Fire TV, and when you toggle over Developer Options, the text on the right reads “Enable ADB connections over the network.”
- Select Developer Options and two options arise. “ADB debugging” and “Install Unknown Apps.” Scroll to Install Unknown apps. Next to this, the text reads, “Allow specific applications to install other applications that are not from Appstore.” This refers to Downloader.
- Clicking this loads all of the options you can turn on to load apps not from the Appstore. Scroll to Downloader and turn it on.
Now it’s time to open Downloader
- When you open Downloader, the home screen pops up asking for a URL. Type in https://www.stremium.com/ and wait for the file to download.
- Once the download finalizes, click install at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the installation completes, click done at the bottom left.
- Now, since you will use Downloader to install Stremium, you do not need its full file anymore. To delete this file, a popup will come up and ask if you wish to delete Stremium from the cloud. Click delete in the middle of the screen to erase the file.
- Downloader will make sure you really want to delete the file, so click delete once more. This time it appears on the left side of the screen.
- Now you are all set with Downloader and Stremium on your FireStick.
Now that we know how to install Stremium and Downloader let’s see how to open Stremium.
1. Find Stremium on your FireStick. If you wish to add it to your home screen, I will describe how to do that later.
2. Select the app and launch it.
3. When you first open the app, a temporary code will appear in a red box below the main icon.
4. You must visit www.stremium.com/link to input your temporary code. Do this on a different device whether that is a tablet, computer, or phone. That way, you don’t lose any progress.
5. On Stremium’s link website, you can register for an account or log in to an already existing account.
6. To register you can either use your Facebook account: click the Register with the Facebook bar at the top of the screen, or you can use an email address and password. Whichever option best suits you. You also need to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
7. Once you’ve registered or logged in, an introductory Stremium screen will pop up.
8. This screen has your user name, password, general information, and devices linked. This is where you add your FireStick.
9. In the top right corner, a rectangular blue box states “Add Device” click on it.
10. You need to use your temporary code again to add a device. This button lets you connect your TV to Stremium.
11. Once you complete all these steps and you link your TV, Stremium inquires which option you want to select.
The options are as follows:
- A free monthly subscription including one provider and without DVR cloud storage, favorite, or custom channels.
- Premier 50 Monthly subscription includes unlimited providers at $10 a month, 50 hours of DVR Cloud storage space, favorite and custom channels, other included benefits, and a seven-day free trial.
- The Premier 50 annual also allows unlimited providers for the price of $100 a year, 50 hours of DVR Cloud storage, custom and favorite channels, and a seven-day free trial.
You get the most for your money with the Premier 50 annual. If you do not select a plan, Stremium automatically enrolls you in the free plan.
12. After you pick a subscription plan, log into your TV provider if you have one. They include:
g. Or none
13. Input your information and begin using Stremium!
How to Put Stremium on Your FireStick Home Screen
If you want easy access to Stremium and hope it pops up whenever you turn on your FireStick, you can do that! Here’s how:
- Go to your FireStick Home screen and scroll to the last box on the right. A square with three white squares and a white plus sign in the box. This button lets you see every app downloaded on your FireStick.
- Click it and scroll over to Stremium. It will be in a different place for every user. If you cannot find it, ask for Alexa’s assistance.
- Highlight Stremium. Just place your cursor over it and press the menu button on your FireStick remote. The menu button is on the right side of the FireStick remote, underneath the cursor. It has three horizontal lines on top of each other. Click it.
- Clicking the menu button opens a tab giving you the option to move the app, remove the app, move to the front, or see more details about the application.
- Click Move.
- You can place the app wherever you wish with the use of the cursor. Place it on the home screen, place it on the top bar for instant access, or put it in a random location. The choice is yours.
What is Stremium?
If you’re reading this article, you probably know what Stremium is, but in case you don’t, I’ll go through a little breakdown for you. Stremium is a new software app that lets you download and record content right from your streaming devices.
The same way DVRs capture released content, Stremium records with the same ability. It is a TV platform as well that lets you watch over 90 channels of content.
Some channels include:
- Food Network
How to Use Stremium
Now that we’ve covered how to install Stremium, let’s see how to use the app. Stremium is an app that offers cloud storage and channel selection to TV subscribers.
To use the app, all you need to do is download it to a server and customize your selection. You can only use DVR storage if you have a paid subscription so let’s look at the ways to navigate that.
Checking what channels and programs you want to DVR is simple. Open the menu to see all of the channels and the programs with time guides, details, and channel information. Settings allow you to add your favorite channels, customize your channels, and organize your recordings.
Some channels included with the free subscription are:
- CBS News
- British TV
- PBS Kids
- Fubo Sports
Start Streaming with Stremium
Stremium is a unique DVR and television service. It lets those who do not have TV providers watch popular channels, and it allows its paid subscribers to record programs they would not have the chance to see otherwise at a lower price than network television.
If you have a FireStick, you can easily download Stremium from the Appstore or by downloading it onto another app. With this guide, you have everything you need to stream Stremium today!