Last Updated on September 8, 2022
Every day new platforms or apps to watch TV shows or movies come out. It gets tricky to navigate the ever-growing world of apps and media, and it can be a time-consuming process to narrow down your options to the right fit for you.
Besides just focusing on the apps to use for your streaming needs, you have to choose between the different platforms to watch content on. You can pick between game consoles, portable devices, and different kinds of SmarTVs when selecting the kind of platform to stream through.
One of the most popular portable media platforms to watch media on is Amazon’s very own, FireStick. The FireStick resembles a USB flash drive, and it is small enough to bring with you on any outing or trip. Never run into a situation where you don’t have your FireStick again. Plus, one of the fastest-growing apps to stream movies and TV on is MediaBox HD.
This guide explains how to put those two popular assets together and how to Install and watch MediaBox HD on a FireStick.
So, if you find yourself wanting to watch MediaBox HD and owning a FireStick but don’t know how to get the app downloaded to your device, you’re in the right place. This guide explains everything you need to know about using MediaBox HD with a FireStick.
How to Install MediaBox HD
For starters, FireSticks come equipped to handle Amazon-based content and Android-based content. MediaBox HD is not Amazon-based nor Android-based, but methods do exist for you to use this wonderful app.
What is the best way to sideload something onto the FireStick? One of the most popular sideloading apps to use with a FireStick is Downloader. Downloader is available on the Amazon app store for this exact purpose, and the good news is you can sideload other apps onto Downloader as well. Here is how to download Downloader onto your FireStick.
- When you plug in a FireStick to your TV and turn on the TV, you will see a home screen. In the top left of the home screen, you will see a magnifying glass (search bar), and right next to that is a list of other items to click on, including a home button. The wording is in white text, including the magnifying glass/search bar. Click on the search bar to open a keyboard.
- Type in Downloader until you see it pop up.
- The app icon is a white arrow with a bright orange background. Click the download button on the right side of the icon.
- Wait for the app to download.
- Once you have the app installed on your FireStick, you can move on to the next set of steps for sideloading MediaBox HD.
Now that you have Downloader installed, you have to configure your TV to allow for MediaBox HD to coordinate with your settings. Here is how to do that.
- Toggle back to the home screen of your FireStick. To do this, click the home button (a depiction of a white house) on the middle of your FireStick remote, or speak into the microphone at the top of the remote to have Alexa help you navigate to the correct screen.
- On the home screen next to the search bar, the options read, Home, Your Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, and Settings. Scroll all the way over to the last option, settings, and click on it. The Settings button also has a tiny bell on the top right side of it.
- When you open settings, some more options pop up, including Preferences, My Fire TV, Accessibility, Help, and My Account. Click on My Fire TV. The icon is a thin rectangle box resembling the remote, with a dot near the left side of the box. When you hover over the option, it appears in orange. Click on it.
- Now, a vertical list of options comes up under the device. You have: About, Developer Options, Legal and Compliance, Sleep, Restart, and Reset to Factory Defaults. Toggle down to the second option, Developer Options.
- The Developer Options text will appear in orange lighting, and on the right side, the words Enable ADB Connections pop up. Click on it.
- Under Developer Options, you have two options: ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources. Your FireStick will have ADB Debugging on, but you have to scroll down to Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it on in order to allow MediaBox HD onto your device. Next to this option, the FireStick reminds you to only use this selection if you can guarantee you download apps that won’t give your system viruses or malware.
- Once you click on this, another warning pops up asking if you really want to turn the Apps from Unknown Sources button on. Click Turn On.
How to Sideload MediaBox HD to Downloader
Once all of that is complete, you have Downloader installed, and you have equipped the FireStick to run MediaBox HD; you can download MediaBox HD to Downloader. Here is a step-by-step guide describing that process.
- Open the Downloader app through the App store or from your home screen.
- The home screen of Downloader has a bunch of options on the left side of the orange screen, including Home, Browser, Files, Favorites, Settings, and Help. Click Home.
- This will take you to a page asking you to input the URL you wish to visit.
- Type in https://mediaboxhd.net/ and click the go button directly beneath the search bar.
- The page asks if the information you entered is correct. Click yes.
- The website will take a few moments to download. Once it completes downloading, it will bring up another cautionary list. It will ask if you really want to download this website, and it will explain some of the contents of the website, including the name of the website, its capabilities, and how you can protect yourself when using the server. At the bottom of this screen is an orange next button. Click it to proceed.
- Then an install button comes up in the same location as the next button. Click install.
- MediaBox HD takes a few moments to install. Once it is complete, below the name of the app will be text that reads App Installed with a checkmark to the right.
- Before launching MediaBox HD, toggle to the bottom right of the screen, the same place the next button and the install button were in the previous two steps, and click done. This tells the server the download process is finalized.
- Now that you’ve sideloaded the app, you can delete the original file. After you click done, the server alerts you you’ve downloaded the app successfully and asks if you want to install or delete the file, or it asks if you are done with the whole process. Click delete.
- It asks again if you want to delete the file. Click delete.
How to Open MediaBox HD on FireStick
Congratulations! You’ve downloaded Downloader and sideloaded MediaBox HD onto the app. Now let’s explore how to use MediaBox HD with a FireStick.
- Navigate to the home screen of your TV by pressing the middle home button beneath the cursor. The home button looks like a white house. You can also get to the home screen by speaking into the microphone at the top of the remote.
- Now, find the MediaBox HD app. The icon is a black box with blue text that reads ‘media BOX.’ Click on the app to launch it.
- When you launch MediaBox HD, the home screen has a Discover section on the top part of the screen, and directly below that is the Collection section. On the top left of the screen, you can click on the three parallel lines to see the different categories.
- On the bottom of the screen, from left to right, you have Discover, Movies, TV Shows, and Search.
- Select the option that best fits your preferences and enjoy.
What Is MediaBox HD?
Now that you know how to install Downloader and sideload MediaBox HD to your FireStick, let’s dive into what the app has to offer.
MediaBox HD provides access to free movies and TV shows. With a growing number of streaming services today, not many can say they offer free content to users. In fact, most servers offer reduced prices for subscriptions with ads, but MediaBox HD includes all of its content library for zero dollars a month.
The free app offers a great selection of content and compiles all of its content into popular categories, including,
- Full HD- since the app advertises itself as HD, it only makes sense to have a category dedicated to the highest quality streaming resolution in the game.
- Netflix Best TV Series- where else can you access some of the most popular Netflix TV shows without paying a monthly subscription fee for them?
- Just Pick a Movie for Me- This option is for all the indecisive streamers. The server randomly selects a movie for you to view.
- Best Horror Series on Netflix- Again, if you like Netflix and horror but don’t want to pay the monthly price, this section is for you. The list includes all of the top-charting horror series on Netflix and allows you to indulge for free.
Every day more people turn to cord-cutting and decide to pursue streaming services. These services come in all forms, including paid subscriptions or free subscriptions, and users can access the services via multiple platforms and consoles, including game consoles and portable devices. If you have an Amazon FireStick and want to watch your pick of TV and movies for free, now you know how.
Begin your free MediaBox HD journey today. Enjoy!
Relevant Installation Guides