Last Updated on October 4, 2022
If you are looking to use the Equinox Build on your Kodi, then you have come to the right article! The Equinox build is only available on the Kodi 19 Matrix. But these instructions will work on all Kodi devices, including Windows, Mac, Android TV & Boxes, Amazon FireStick, Fire TV Cube, and Android & iOS mobile devices.
Kodi builds and add-ons have been cracked down upon, sure. But the equinox build has been around for quite a while, and it seems to be here to stay. It’s also a very simple build that gives you a lot to work with, and it’s pretty easy to install. Just make sure that you are installing it correctly and also that you know all about Kodi as well as how to keep yourself safe while using Kodi.
How To Install The Equinox Kodi Build
While Kodi does have an official Kodi Add-on Repository (which is a lot like an app store), this build isn’t on there. You will need to acquire the build from a third-party external source, but you do need to turn on an option in the security settings called “Unknown Sources,” which lets your Kodi install third-party programs.
To do this:
- Click on the settings icon
- Open the system
- Click Add-ons
- Under that, you need to go to Unknown Sources and switch it from off to on
Then you can install as many third-party add-ons as you like!
You’ll need to go back to the Settings for this one:
- Open the File Manager folder
- Scroll down to add source and select next
- Type in the following link: http://grumpeh.aion.feralhosting.com/repo/
Then you need to name the source, and the most likely name is ‘Equinox,’ but you can name it whatever you feel like. This will give you a source, so now you need to install something else.
- Go back to the settings page
- Click Add-ons
- Pick “Install From Zip File”
- A screen will pop up and you will be able to see all the downloads that you have
- One of those downloads should be ‘Equinox’ or whatever name you changed it to
- Open a folder called: Install_MATRIX_19_Repo
- Open a file in that folder called repository.diggzmatrix.zip and you will download the zip file
- Once it is complete, on the top right of your Kodi screen you will receive a notification
Installing the Chef Matrix Wizard
Alright, now that the Diggz Matrix Repository is installed, we need to install the Chef Matrix Wizard.
- Stay on the same page and click ‘install from repository’
- Then click Diggz Matrix Repository
- Open the programs add-on page
- Click Chef Matrix Wizard
- In the bottom-right, there is an install button, and you will need to tap that button and wait for the install
- You should also accept the downloading of other dependent add-ons, as those are also needed
- Once installed, you will see a notification where the Chef Matrix Wizard is installed
- Click past the pop-ups, and then go back to the home screen
- Click on Add-ons and then Program add-ons
- You will see that Chef Matrix Wizard Is installed
- You can then click on Chef Wizards Build
- Then click on Mali Equinox Cosmos
Finally, there’s one last installation you need to do.
After the installation is complete, then you just need to restart Kodi. Then you can finally experience the Equinox Build on your Kodi!
How The Equinox Build Works
So you’ve done a lot of clicking and moving and installing, but how exactly do you use your new build once it is installed? Well, you just need to click on the Library and then click Equinox. The interface is very familiar for those using Kodi, and you won’t need to spend a lot of time learning where everything is in the build.
There are various preloaded add-ons that come with the Equinox build, including those for on-demand movies and shows, sports, music, and more. You also get access to Genie TV. This allows you to watch over 7000 channels and live content all through the internet without any problems, and without having to pay for it! There are also several different add-ons that you can install as well for even more content!
Keep Yourself Safe
While Kodi TV is 100% legal, you do need to be aware that it is very easy to (intentionally or accidentally) download copyrighted content. This is illegal and can get you into some major trouble, so in order to reduce the risk, you need to use a VPN. VPNs mask your activities and your IP address from everyone, allowing you to watch content and stream whatever you want while being completely safe.
If you plan to experiment a lot with Kodi add-ons and other services, then you need to use a VPN to hide your ISP address. Not only will a VPN keep you safe and can open up doors for even more content for you, but many of them also come with other security devices as well.
It’s a bit of an extra expense that can look a little disheartening as you look at the free Kodi options, but it is going to help you out. So make the purchase and then you’ll certainly feel good about it, and you’ll be a lot safer on the internet too!
Kodi is a free media center and entertainment hub that allows for all of your digital media from your various sources to go into one of various packages. Because the platform is open source, there’s a massive swathe of devices it can run on, as well as having a ton of customizability.
While it doesn’t include any media itself, it allows you to play media on both your smallest screen as well as your biggest! This includes movies, streamable TV shows, music, photos, live TV, and even video games. Additionally, it comes with support for creating playlists, showing banners for your movies and TV, and support for most controllers as well as the internet.
The customization options allow you to use cosmetic skins in order to change the whole appearance of the interface. No matter what type of taste you have, you will be able to change the entire interface with just a few cosmetic clicks!
However, the biggest power of the Kodi network comes from Add-ons that allow you to have even more customizable. All of these Add-ons are able to help you stream content, see movies, and even access radio broadcasts. So no matter what you want, you can certainly find it with an add-on, just like with the equinox build.
The Equinox Build Is Easy and Simple To Try Out!
If you want to experience content on Kodi, then you should be using builds, and the Equinox build is one of the easiest to use. So work through the article and get it installed, and then you can take advantage of everything the Equinox build has to offer you and all your content-watching needs!