Last Updated on June 21, 2022
CatMouse is a free streaming service that you can use on Fire Stick. There is a very large library of free content available on the app. However, CatMouse cannot be downloaded on the Fire Stick using the App Store. You will need to use alternative methods to download CatMouse onto the Fire Stick.
Before you download the app, be aware that the reason CatMouse isn’t available on the App Store is because of piracy concerns. Download CatMouse at your discretion, but be aware of piracy laws where you live. Consider installing a VPN onto your Fire Stick before downloading CatMouse.
- 1 Installing CatMouse on your Fire Stick
- 1.1 Step 1 – Enable downloading apps from unknown sources
- 1.2 Step 2 – Install Downloader
- 1.3 Step 3 – Download CatMouse
- 2 Navigating the CatMouse application
- 3 Prevent other people from accessing your CatMouse app
- 4 Final Thoughts
Installing CatMouse on your Fire Stick
Follow these steps to effectively download CatMouse onto Fire Stick.
Step 1 – Enable downloading apps from unknown sources
The first thing you will need to do to download CatMouse is to enable the settings on your Fire Stick to allow you to download external apps. Without enabling this feature, you will be unable to download CatMouse.
Listed below are the steps to enabling this feature.
- Go to the home screen on your Fire Stick
- From your home screen, go to settings
- From the settings menu, click on “My Fire TV”
- From the “My Fire TV” menu, select “Developer Options”
- Scroll down and enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option
Now that the external apps are enabled, you may continue with the next step in the process. Enabling access to external apps on your Fire Stick will give you more control of your streaming options. You must download an external app that will allow you to download CatMouse.
Step 2 – Install Downloader
Downloader is an external application that will allow you to type in a specific link and install applications onto your Fire Stick that way. This is an easy method to download applications that are not available on the App Store such as CatMouse or other APK applications.
The list below explains how to install Downloader.
- Open the home screen on your Fire Stick device
- From your Fire Stick home screen got to the “Find” tab
- Under the “Find” tab you will see an option to search
- Click “Search”
- Type “Downloader” into the search bar
- Install the Downloader app
There are a few more steps to complete the installation of the Downloader app.
- Go back to the Fire Stick home page
- Click Settings
- Click My Fire TV
- Click Developer Options
- The Downloader app will have an orange icon with a down arrow on it – click to install the Downloader application which will take a few minutes
Now that the Downloader app is installed, you can go proceed to download the CatMouse application.
Step 3 – Download CatMouse
CatMouse is not available in the App Store, so once you install the Downloader app you can download CatMouse. You will be unable to do so without this external app on your Fire Stick. The list below explains how to download the app CatMouse on Downloader.
- Open the Downloader application that you just installed
- On the right side of the screen, there will be an area you can type in the URL
- Click in the textbox and use the onscreen keypad to type in Fire Sticktricks.com/catmouse
- Double-check the spelling of the URL – if the spelling is incorrect, the application will not download
- Click “Go” located on the bottom right corner of the onscreen keypad
- Wait for a few minutes for the application to download
- When prompted, click on the “Install” button
You will be notified when the application has finished installation by a pop-up window. Click on either “Done” to go back to the Fire Stick screen, or “Open” to begin using the CatMouse application.
That is all you need to do to install CatMouse on your Amazon Fire Stick device. While it looks to be a difficult process at first, it is quick and painless. Plus, learning how to download applications without using the App Store can be handy for many applications that you may want to install.
Now that CatMouse is successfully downloaded, it’s time to navigate through the application so that you can find the content that you want to stream on your Fire Stick. If you are on your Fire Stick home screen, you may notice that you don’t even see the application.
The list below walks you through finding the CatMouse application on your Amazon Fire Stick. It will not be located on your home screen.
- Hold down the home key on the Fire Stick remote to open the shortcut screen
- Once on the shortcut screen click “Apps” – this will be the first option presented on this screen.
- CatMouse will be located at the very bottom of your app’s screen because it is the most recent application you have downloaded
- Click the CatMouse app to open it on your Fire Stick
That is how you go about accessing the CatMouse app for the first time. If you want to you may move the application to your home screen. However, it will not appear on your home screen until you manually put it there.
If you wish to keep the CatMouse app a little more discrete, feel free to leave it located in your app’s menu. This is especially ideal if you have children and you do not want them using the app. You can add a lock to your games and apps category so that no one can access the CatMouse app without a PIN.
Prevent other people from accessing your CatMouse app
Sometimes we do not want other people to use our streaming apps. This can be especially true if you don’t want other people who use the Fire Stick to have access to CatMouse. The list below will help you lock your apps.
- Go to your Fire Stick home page
- From the home page, go to the settings menu
- Under the settings menu, select “Block Content Types”
- Switch the option to “On” under the “Block games and apps” option
With this feature enabled, people will need your PIN to have access to your apps. This is a good way to prevent others from using CatMouse. Whether you have children that want to use your Fire Stick or roommates, it is always a good idea to lock down your apps.
Privacy is important, so consider locking down your apps if you share your space with others. Be mindful that you may not want everyone to know that you use a third-party streaming application.
It is always wise to be cautious when downloading applications that come from an unknown source. Make sure to research any application you consider downloading before you download it. Also, be aware of piracy laws in the country that you live in. Laws will vary from country to country. Consider installing a VPN when downloading certain streaming applications.
CatMouse is a good option for streaming content for free. There are no membership prices or hidden fees. CatMouse also does not have ads played on the shows and movies that you are streaming, which allows the user to relax and enjoy what they are watching.
People have been using this app for many years. It is one of the most popular third party streaming apps and has been for years.