Last Updated on December 9, 2022
Stremio is a great app for those who want to watch TV shows and movies, and stream content through methods separate from subscription services. Stremio allows users to download the app and watches available content through a relatively easy method. The app is user-friendly, quick to download, and hosts a huge range of content, perfect for every streamer in the family.
If you are thinking of downloading Stremio and using it on your FireStick TV or Android, this is the guide for you. This article will walk you through all the steps to help you get Stremio on your FireStick TV and Android. Keep reading to watch content on Stremio!
First, let’s take a look at how to install and use Stremio on FireStick TV.
How To Install And Use Stremio On FireStick TV
So, Stremio is not included on the Amazon app store since it does not belong to Amazon’s catalog, but there is a simple way to navigate around this small hiccup.
All you need to do is sideload the app onto your FireStick TV. All sideloading means is you download an application through more steps than using an app store. Here is how to do that.
Step One – Allow External Apps
- Open the app store on your FireStick TV. Also, visit the App store, and toggle over to the search bar icon or the magnifying glass on the right side of the profile icon. Click search.
- Type ‘Downloader’ into the search bar and wait for the results to pop up.
- Install the Downloader app and wait for the process to complete before you move forward with any other steps.
- Now that the downloading has finalized, click on the home button of your remote or the house icon directly below the center button.
- Find the settings button or the farthest right button on the home screen. The icon appears to be a silver gearshift.
- Once the settings button launches, you will see several boxes filled with logos and options.
- Find the ‘My Fire TV’ option. It is a thin rectangular logo with a dot near the top of the picture.
- Open that option and wait for the drop-down menu to pop up.
- Two options below My Fire TV will be ‘Developer Options.’ Click on that.
- Once you open the ‘Developer Options,’ you shall see two options, one of them says ‘Install Unknown Apps.’ Once you click on that option, a few apps will arise, including Downloader.
- Click on Downloader to allow the app to install information from sources other than the Amazon Store.
Step two: Download Stemio
Once you’ve completed that step, we can move on to actually downloading Stremio to the FireStick TV.
- Go back to the home screen and open the Downloader app. The icon is orange and white, with a white arrow in the middle of the logo.
- Opening the app will prompt you to type in a website. Type in https://strem.io to go to Stremio’s official website.
- Once you enter that information, you will be redirected to a page asking if you accept the cookies. Click Got it! at the bottom of the screen.
- Cookies accepted, you can move your mouse over to the three horizontal lines in the left corner of the home screen. Click on that icon.
- A bunch of options will pop up, including a Downloads button. Click on that, it is the final option in the menu. After you select downloads, you will see various downloadable options for Stremio. Click the APK option.
- Wait for the download to finalize.
- Once Stremio is downloaded, a yellow button pops up, asking if you wish to install it. Click install. Another screen pops up and asks if you are sure you want to install the app. Click the install button in the lower right corner of the page.
- Once this round of installation completes, click done in the lower right corner and circle back to the main screen of the app.
- You need to delete the extra file of the app to maximize storage space on your device. Also, the app is already downloaded to your device, you do not need a backup.
- The app will prompt you twice to confirm the deletion.
- Congratulations! You’ve installed the app.
Install Stremio On Android TV
Now that we know how to install Stremio on FireStick TV, let’s see how to download the app on Android TV.
- Toggle over to the Google Play Store and launch that app.
- You will need to download and install Downloader by typing in AFTVnews because the app usually doesn’t pop up on its own.
- Once you find the app, open and install it.
- Once it is installed, you need to open the bright orange icon.
- Once you open this app, you will be asked to grant permission to Downloader. To allow the application access to all of the files and content on your device. Click OK.
- Next, you will need to type in a URL to download. This is where you input the website for Stremio: https://strem.io.
- Download this website, but you will hit a roadblock when trying to install Stremio.
- The pop-up notification will warn you that you cannot download sources that are unknown due to your settings.
- Your job is to switch this configuration in settings. To do so, click on the settings icon, scroll down to Downloader, and turn on the button that allows you to install unknown apps.
- Click the yellow install button and click install one more time when the menu prompts you.
- Now, you click done and you have to delete the excess Stremio file. When you click done, a pop-up will ask you if you want to delete or keep the APK file. Click delete. It will ask you twice to confirm your deletion decision.
- To open the app from the home screen, you need to click settings, apps, Stremio, and then hit open.
Now let’s see how to use the app.
- You can find the Stremio app on your FireStick TV’s home screen or you can place it in your apps and channels button. To do the latter, find the icon with three squares and a white plus sign near the right side of the screen. Once you click and open that icon, find the app with a purple play button and select it.
- After you click on that app, you can either log in to your existing Stremio account or make a new one.
- Use the QR code to make an account or manually log in to the server.
- Once you’ve logged in and verified your account, you will be taken to the home page of the app. You will see several movies and television choices to choose from, including newer releases and older movies.
- To see even more content selection, toggle your cursor over to the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen. That menu will open up a slew of movies, TV, series, and other options for you to enjoy.
Stream On Stremio
Stremio is a great streaming app for Amazon FireStick TV users and Android TV users. All you need is an internet connection and the device to begin your Stremio journey.
You May Also Like