Last Updated on June 21, 2022
Lacking ideas to watch some late-night comedies on your Amazon Fire Stick lately? HGTV can be an awesome choice for your library in addition to some other more popular platforms such as Netflix. This channel allows viewers to stream and watch fabulous shows such as Fixer Upper, which Blake Lively describes as her perfect Thursday night. This channel is popular among users who enjoy watching home improvement and renovation reality shows.
The HGTV Go app is the go-to streaming application that viewers will need to download to watch the HGTV channel’s live streaming. It also provides a TV schedule to check the show timings and upcoming shows. It also has a favorite show list to store your favorites for easy access.
It lets users download the shows to watch offline later as well. In this article, we will break down all the steps to install, activate, and stream HGTV on your Fire Stick.
What is HGTV?
HGTV is the short form for Home and Garden Television, which is an American TV channel. The channel streams content mostly related to home-oriented topics such as household appliances, home improvement, modular kitchens, and even gardening knowledge.
You sure will love the content available from this free app in the Amazon App Store, which you can get very easily on your Fire Stick device. The channel is owned by the company Discovery, Inc and it is only available in the United States.
How do I activate HGTV on my Fire Stick?
- Make sure your Fire Stick has a stable internet source and the power is on.
- Launch the device and press the search icon (the magnifying glass) at the top menu.
- Type ‘HGTV Go’ by using the buttons on your remote. At this time, select the same from the suggestions below.
- Scroll to the ‘Get’ or ‘Download’ button to download the app.
- It should take a very short time according to your internet speed. Once the app is downloaded, select ‘Open’ to launch the HGTV Go app.
- There should be an activation code that appears on the screen. When you see it, go visit the HGTV site on your computer or smartphone to activate the HGTV app .
- Simply copy and paste and enter your device activation code in the blank area and click ‘Activate.’
- After your activation, sign in to HGTV Go with the TV service provider account, and there you have it. You can start streaming all the amazing shows on the channel instantly.
An alternative way to watch HGTV on Fire Stick
It is good news that the HGTV Go channel is also available on Android, so you can simply have your Android phone screen mirrored to your Fire Stick and stream all the content from the channel. Follow the steps below carefully:
- Remember to connect your Fire Stick and an Android phone to the same WiFi network.
- Go to Play Store on your Android phone and install the HGTV Go app.
- Now, once it is installed on your phone, launch the app and sign in with your TV provider subscription.
- Click and hold the ‘Home’ button on your Fire Stick remote.
- Four options should appear and select ‘Mirroring.’
- On your Android phone, go to the notification panel and click the ‘Screen Cast’ icon. This will enable to cast FireStick on your Android device.
- Select your Fire Stick device name from the list.
- All the content can now be streamed from the HGTV Go app to your Amazon Fire Stick device.
Other streaming platforms to watch HGTV
You can also watch HGTV shows on your Amazon Fire Stick through some other streaming platforms. Including HULU, Fubo TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and Vidgo. On the Amazon shopping page, most of these channels are available at no cost for their trial period.
HULU is a live television streaming platform, hosting channels such as HGTV, CNN, ESPN, etc. Their subscription fee is quite reasonable. You should try it at least once if you want to watch HGTV through VPN.
2. Fubo TV
Fubo TV is quite a popular TV streaming service that offers a large variety of channels. It allows subscribers to watch some famous TV channels such as HGTV, AMC on your Fire Stick. Their prices are slightly higher than the other suggestions on this list but they are totally worth it. Fubo TV’s basic price starts from $59.99. You simply need to install Fubo TV and start watching your favorite channels.
3. Youtube TV
Youtube TV has HGTV and 85+ live TV channels. What’s more exciting is that subscribers get unlimited Cloud DVR. With a cost of $64.99 per month, viewers can watch live TV on three screens at once. Use the free 7-days trial offered by YouTube just to check out their channel lineup before paying.
4. Sling TV
Sling TV is probably one of the most affordable live TV streaming services out there in the market. It is very easy to install and use on your Amazon Fire Stick at a good price. Sling TV offers two packages with the basic price starting from $30 monthly. It is a great option for you to watch HGTV on.
Vidgo contains HGTV within its line up such as A&E, ESPN, History, and Science Channel. Subscribers can subscribe for free for the first seven days to see and experience all of their channels before paying a $55 monthly subscription fee.
Why is HGTV so popular?
HGTV began its first showings in 1994. It transformed these home makeover shows into a full-service lifestyle network. It has been the go-to resource for home decor, renovation makeovers, and DIY tips for years. The channel’s shows have brought some of the best talents in the business, and throughout the many years it has been on the air. It has helped give inspiration and home tips to audiences all over the world.
Here are the methods for getting the HGTV Go app up and running on your Fire Stick device. HGTV GO app is the perfect app to stream tons of binge-worthy shows to watch for long hours, especially for those who enjoy home makeover and DIY shows. There is nothing more relaxing than watching your favorite HGTV episodes wherever you want, whenever you want.