In this article, we’ll show you how to install HD Streamz on FireStick. The same guide will also work for other Amazon Fire TV versions, including Fire Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube.
Over-the-top live TV providers, such as YouTube TV gained popularity due to its affordability, channel lineup, and additional features. However, the service has recently forced a significant price surge on its monthly plan, making it quite possibly no longer an affordable and sustainable choice for the users over a cable or satellite TV connection.
If you have recently cut your cord and limited on the budget for a live TV subscription, it’s tough to find a provider that suits your needs. However, you can always go for a free IPTV service as an alternative until you can find a legitimate solution at an affordable price.
Those who already have a media streaming player like a Fire TV device should give the HD Streamz app a try. It’s an unofficial IPTV app that offers streams for TV channels from several different countries.
Although the app is made to be used on regular Android devices, you can also sideload it on a Firestick and enjoy streaming live TV channels.
For more information on HD Streamz, definitely check out this guide. We have discussed its features in detail and included a step-by-step tutorial on how to install HD Streamz on Firestick.
- 1 What does HD Streamz offer on Firestick?
- 2 How to Install HD Streamz on Firestick
- 3 A Quick Tour of HD Streamz Apk on Firestick
- 4 Wrapping up
What does HD Streamz offer on Firestick?
With the HD Streamz app on Firestick, you get access to 1000+ TV channels from 19 different countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, India, South Africa, etc. It also offers hundreds of radio channels.
You can find almost all of your favorite entertainment, news, infotainment, and sports channels in the HD Streamz app. In case one stream link doesn’t work for a channel, you can always use the other ones on the list.
HD Streamz offers channel streams of up to HD resolution, but you will be able to watch most of the channels in standard definition.
HD Streamz claims to be one of the best free live TV apps, and it rightfully deserves the title. The developers push updates to the app every month with dozens of bug fixes, feature additions, and new channel links so that it keeps working properly.
Features of HD Streamz on Firestick
- You can watch thousands of local and international TV channels with HD Streamz on your Firestick.
- The channels can be streamed in either SD or HD quality, with multiple alternative stream links.
- The HD Streamz app uses the Material Design user interface, making navigation simpler and more intuitive. It also supports input from the Fire TV Remote.
- HD Streamz lets you search for channels manually and mark them as favorites.
- Firestick users won’t have to pay for a monthly subscription, and the app has zero hidden charges.
How to Install HD Streamz on Firestick
For obvious reasons, you won’t find the HD Streamz app on the Amazon Appstore. Instead, you will have to sideload the APK file first, which isn’t as simple as you might think.
While there are a lot of hoops to jump through, we have compiled a tutorial that you can follow to install HD Streamz on Firestick. Be sure to check it out below.
1st Step: Allow APK Installation from Unknown Sources
Unlike Roku, Fire TV users get the ability to sideload third-party apps on their devices, thanks to the developer toggle in the settings. The following steps will tell you how to enable it:
- First, select Settings in the navigation section above the Fire TV home screen.
- Now navigate to the Device & Software option on the right-end of the Settings menu. If your Firestick is running an earlier Fire OS version, select My Fire TV or Device.
- After that, go to the Developer options from the following menu, then click the Apps from Unknown Sources developer option.
- In case a dialog box shows up regarding the risks of third-party app installations, click Turn On to close it and confirm enabling the option.
It’s worth mentioning that the HD Streamz app is safe to install, albeit coming from an unknown developer. We advise you to proceed at your discretion.
2nd Step: Get the Downloader App
The Downloader app is one of the most popular apps in the Amazon Appstore, and for good reasons. You can use it to download files on your Firestick, bypassing Amazon’s restrictions. You can use it to download the HD Streamz APK file and sideload it.
- First, visit the Search menu from the Fire TV home screen. To do it, simply highlight the magnifying glass icon above.
- Enter “Downloader” in the search menu. You may also use the voice search option if you want to.
- Select the Downloader option from the results that show up below the on-screen keyboard.
- Now click the Downloader app logo on the following page. It should show as the top result under the Apps & Games
- Once you are on the download page, click the Get or Download and the Downloader app should begin downloading on your Firestick.
When Downloader is finally installed on your Firestick, click Open to launch the app and follow the sideloading process below.
Launching the app for the first time will require to ‘Allow’ it access to the Firestick’s internal storage. After that, you can skip the quick start guide by clicking OK.
3rd Step: Sideload HD Streamz on Firestick
The steps below will guide you through the HD Streamz sideloading process using Downloader on Firestick.
- On the Downloader’s Home page, click the URL bar and enter the following address: https://bit.ly/2HwLOy1. It’s a direct download link to the latest version of HD Streamz apk.
- Click Go to load the download link. The HD Streamz APK file will start downloading.
- After the download finishes, click Install in the Android installer window.
- When HD Streamz is successfully installed on your Firestick, click Done.
- Make sure to Delete the HD Streamz APK file once you return to the Downloader app window.
To launch the HD Streamz app, go back to the Fire TV home screen and scroll down to Your Apps & Channels list. If HD Streamz doesn’t appear under the list, click See All to expand it and scroll down to the bottom again.
If you want quick access to the HD Streamz app, Move it to the top of the list so that it shows up in the Fire TV home screen.
A Quick Tour of HD Streamz Apk on Firestick
As we previously mentioned in the features list, HD Streamz consists of an intuitive UI. The first time you open the app, simply click Close to dismiss the welcome note.
After that, you should see the default page of the HD Streamz app. There are a few tabs on the app’s navigation bar: Live TV, Radio, On-Demand, and Favorites. You can switch between them easily using the Fire TV Remote.
You can access the TV channels from the Live TV section, and they can be filtered by countries. Click on More to access the different channel categories, such as Entertainment, Movies, Sports, News, Music, and Kids.
If you are interested in browsing the radio channels, then go to the Radio tab from the navigation bar.
The On-Demand section of HD Streamz currently doesn’t have anything to offer. However, it’s something the developers are working on for quite some time now.
From the Favorites tab, you can quickly access the channels that you have chosen to mark as favorites in the app. You will also find the Search (magnifying glass) option on the top-right corner of the app window.
HD Streamz does have a Settings menu, which you can open up by clicking the burger icon (≡) above the app window. While the PiP mode doesn’t work on Fire TV devices properly, you can at least change the theme and select an external player for stream playback.
Related More Articles
That’s everything you need to know about HD Streamz on Firestick. We hope that this guide has helped you sideload the app and watch live TV channels for free.
Apart from Firestick, HD Streamz is also compatible with the Fire TV (3rd Gen), Fire TV Cube (1st and 2nd Gen), and Fire TV Edition Smart TVs / Soundbars.
However, note that HD Streamz carries unlicensed streams that blatantly infringe the copyright guidelines of television networks. Unless you are willing to take the risk, we strongly discourage you from using the app and recommend exploring other paid solutions.