In this article, we will show you how to install Exodus Redux and Exodus addon on Kodi. The instructions provided below also work on amazon firestick, fire TV, android box, and all other Kodi supported platforms.
The whole point of using add-ons is to utilize the untapped potential of Kodi. It not only makes up for a great media player but also serves as an operating system for streaming services that are otherwise not compatible with some devices.
Kodi has a fantastic community of third-party developers who create media scrapers and scripts for video add-ons. Whether you are looking forward to watching either the latest movies or TV shows or live TV channels, you can stream pretty much anything on Kodi with the proper add-ons.
In case you are in search of new Kodi add-ons, then give Exodus Redux a try. It’s one of the most popular choices for streaming movies, shows, documentaries, etc.
The development of the Exodus addon was on a halt after the original developers left the scene. However, it was quickly picked up by others and renamed as Exodus Redux.
In this guide, you will find everything you need to know about Exodus Redux. We have included a step-by-step guide to install Exodus Redux addon and Exodus Kodi addon on the latest version of Kodi.
Update: Kodi Bae repository is down. Exodus V8 addon is currently not working so we suggest using Exodus Redux mentioned in this guide. We have tried the Exodus Redux add-on on the latest version of Kodi and it’s working fine. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- 1 What does the Exodus Redux Addon Offer?
- 2 How to Install Exodus Redux Add-on
- 3 A Quick Tour of Exodus Redux Addon
- 4 Troubleshoot Exodus Redux Playback Errors
- 5 Final Words
What does the Exodus Redux Addon Offer?
Exodus Redux offers a vast collection of movies, TV shows, limited series, documentaries, and more. It relies on several public content providers for its streaming library.
Exodus Redux is a few of the only working add-ons that can playback cached torrents. Furthermore, it supports AllDebrid, but most of its content library is scraped by the default OpenScrapers tools.
You can stream your favorite movies and TV shows in up to 1080p with the Exodus Redux addon. Thanks to its support for AllDebrid torrent, you can also playback 4K HDR streams on Kodi, assuming your device is capable of handling high-bitrate content.
Note that it also supports Real-Debrid and Premiumize, along with several other Usenet providers.
Exodus Redux organizes all the content in different categories and genres, making it easier for Kodi users to find their favorite content. You can also search for movies and TV shows manually. The add-on even provides subtitles for most of the on-demand content.
The add-on does have Trakt integration, in case you are wondering. With that, you can sync your watch history and favorites to Exodus Redux from other streaming services and vice-versa.
Features of Exodus Redux Addon
- The Exodus Redux addon has a massive streaming library of blockbuster movies, popular TV shows, and factual programming.
- You can access premium Ultra HD streams on the Exodus Redux add-on, only if you link your Premiumize, Real-Debrid, or AllDebrid account.
- Unlike most other third-party add-ons, Exodus Redux gets regular bug and resolver fixes and feature updates.
- You can authorize your Trakt account to Exodus Redux for watchlist synchronization.
- Exodus Redux lets you filter movies and TV shows by several categories and dozens of genres.
How to Install Exodus Redux Add-on
By default, you can install add-ons on Kodi only from the official Kodi add-on repository. But, Exodus Redux is a third-party add-on, which hasn’t been validated by the official Kodi developers.
Hence, you will have to get your hands on the Exodus Repository first, then install the Exodus Redux addon from the repository. It takes a while to go through the installation process, but our step-by-step guide is here to help you out.
Step 1: Allow Add-on Installation From External Sources
Just like Android, Kodi requires users to enable a setting to bypass the check for add-on installation from external sources. You can follow the steps below to turn it on.
- Launch Kodi on your device and wait for the Kodi home screen to appear.
- Select the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the Kodi home screen, right below the Kodi logo.
- From the Kodi Settings menu, select System in the last row of the Settings.
- After that, select Add-ons from the sidebar on the left, then toggle the slider ON next to the Unknown sources.
- Dismiss the warning message by clicking Yes.
Bear in mind that Exodus Redux is a third-party Kodi, we suggest using IPVanish VPN.
Step 2: Install Exodus Repository
Installing the Exodus Repository on Kodi is quite straightforward. The repository installation process goes as follows:
- Go back to the Kodi Settings menu and select the File manager option above.
- Next, click Add source on the following File manager menu. A new window will open up, prompting you to add the file source.
- Click <None>, then type in this link: https://i-a-c.github.io/. Make sure that you enter the whole URL carefully, and click OK to save it.
- Now enter “Exodus Redux” (for example) in the next text field of the window, then click OK to add the source. You can name the file source anything you want.
- After that, return to the Kodi Settings menu again to select Add-ons from the options.
- Click the “Install from zip file” option on the Add-on browser page, and click Exodus Redux from the list of file sources.
- Finally, click the exodusredux-0.0.8.zip file. You will return back to the Add-on browser page.
Once you get the “Exodus Redux Repo: Add-on installed” message, you are ready to install the Exodus Redux add-on.
Step 3: Install Exodus Redux Addon
Here’s how you can install Exodus Redux add-on on Kodi:
- On the Add-on browser page, select the “Install from repository”
- Next, choose Exodus Redux Repo from the list of repositories on the following page.
- Go to the Video add-ons folder and click the Exodus Redux addon.
- Finally, click Install, then click OK to confirm the installation. Wait for the Exodus Redux addon to finish installing.
After you see the “Add-on installed” pop-up message, you can go to the Add-ons section of the Kodi home screen and launch the Exodus Redux add-on from the Video add-ons row.
A Quick Tour of Exodus Redux Addon
The first time you open the Exodus Redux add-on, click the back button on your remote or left-click in the empty space to dismiss the Updates and Information page. After that, you should immediately see the Exodus Redux home page.
On the Exodus Redux home page, you will find several options, such as Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Documentaries, Search, Tools, etc.
In the Movies section, you will find several categories to choose from, including Genres, Year, People, Language, Most Popular, Most Voted, Box Office, In Theaters, etc. The same goes for the TV Shows section, which includes Genres, Networks, People Watching, Highly Rated, Airing Today, Returning TV Shows, and many more.
In the Genres subcategory, you can choose from Action, Adventure, Animation, Anime, Biography, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, History, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Thriller, War, Western, etc.
My Movies and My TV Shows works only when you authorize your Trakt account. You can also get access to the latest movies and TV show episodes from the New Movies and New Episodes section, respectively. You will also find dozens of factual programming on current and past affairs, as well as different topics in the Documentaries section.
From Search, you can type in the name of your favorite movie or TV show and search it manually in the vast library of on-demand content. You can also search for the content by celebrities and directors from the People search option.
If you are looking to configure the Exodus Redux add-on to your preference, you will find everything in the Tools section.
How to Link Real-Debrid to Exodus Redux Addon
If you have a Real-Debrid account, then you can link it with the Exodus Redux add-on to fetch Ultra HD streams (assuming that you have supported devices). Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Tools section from the Exodus Redux home page, then scroll down and select ResolveURL Settings.
- Next, click the Universal Resolvers option on the sidebar, and scroll down to the Real-Debrid
- Now click the (Re)Authorize My Account A new window will appear on the screen, with an activation code for your Real-Debrid account authorization.
- Visit real-debrid.com/device from your mobile or computer, enter the activation code, and click Continue.
- Log in to your Real-Debrid account to complete the account linking process.
You can now select any content to playback from Exodus Redux’s streaming library. Once you are asked to choose a link, select the one with the RD or Real-Debrid tag in the source name. It offers the best possible stream quality.
Troubleshoot Exodus Redux Playback Errors
In case you get the “No Stream Available” error message when trying to playback a movie or TV show episode from Exodus Redux, all you have to do is re-enable all the content providers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Scraper Settings menu from the Exodus Redux home screen.
- In the General section, highlight and click the Disable All Providers.
- Once again, click the Enable All Providers option, then click OK to close the Scrapper Settings menu.
If the problem still persists, go to Tools > SETTINGS: Providers and click the Clear Provider Cache option. If this doesn’t work for you, then you might have to reinstall the Exodus Redux add-on.
Exodus Redux is an excellent source of the latest movies and TV shows. It can still fetch high-quality streamable links even without Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, or Premiumize integration, and regularly receives updates, unlike most other third-party video add-ons.
You can follow this guide to install Exodus Redux and Exodus addon on Kodi. However, the add-on should also work perfectly fine with Kodi v17 Krypton, unless you are not using Real-Debrid for the streams. We have also added a troubleshooting section in this guide in case you encounter playback errors.