In this walkthrough, I will show you how to Install and watch ESPN on Firestick. The installation and setup method provided in this article will also work for Fire TV, FireStick 4k and Fire TV Cube.
ESPN is an American TV channel which is owned and maintained by ESPN Inc corporation. The ESPN TV channel is a basic channel that is included in almost all Cable TV and Satellite TV connection packages. Of course, if you have the Cable TV connection, then it’s well and good. But for people who have cut the cords or do not own any connection altogether, the network has launched a new service for live streaming i.e ESPN+. The ESPN+ is basically a streaming platform that provides live matches, tournaments and covers exclusive content such as Videos and in-depth news related to sports.
So, in this article, you will learn what exactly is ESPN and how you can install it on your Firestick device to watch live streaming of various sport events and matches. Let’s start off the article with basics before hopping into the installation stuff.
What is ESPN?
ESPN has been the most favored and probably the most popular destination for Sports lovers that covers a wide range of sports such as Football, Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, etc. Due to the rise in the number of streaming service users, the corporation had decided to come up with its own streaming platform wherein users can catch up with their favorite Sports matches and event Live.
The ESPN App itself is available for free, however, if you would like to stream ESPN Live sports channels then you need to get the ESPN+ which is a new streaming service. It runs on a standard subscription model, meaning, you will have to pay a fixed flat fee at the end of every month in order to stream the TV channel and other exclusive content that is available on the platform. If you have been a die-hard fan of Sports, chances are, you might have heard of ESPN+ somewhere on the Internet.
To put it in simple terms, users will have to create an account on ESPN platform to get started in the app. On the home screen, you will find a ton of content such as recorded videos, news, scores, etc. But if you want to watch the matches Live of your favorite Sports, then ESPN+ is the way to go. The ESPN+ membership will cost you 4.99$ for a month and 12.99$ if you decide to pay annually.
How To Install ESPN On Firestick
Luckily, ESPN has actually bothered to launch a dedicated app for various platforms other than just Android or iOS, unlike its counterparts. So, users who wish to stream the ESPN TV channel on their Television using Fire Stick can download and install the official ESPN app from the App Store itself. You may follow these steps to download and install the app.
- First of all, navigate to the Search icon from the home screen using the remote of the device.
- In the search field, type ESPN For Fire TV and wait for a few seconds for the app suggestions to come up.
- Select the ESPN App from the list of App suggestions.
- On the next screen, click on the Download option to begin the process of downloading the app.
- Now within a few minutes, the app will be installed on your Firestick device and you can start using it.
Since it is a standalone app, you don’t need to rely or download additional apps to stream the content. However, you do need to set up your account in the App in order to access the live streams.
How To Setup and Activate ESPN+ on Firestick
For accessing ESPN+ content on fire stick, you will have to perform the following steps.
- Visit plus.espn.com and sign up for ESPN plus account.
- Launch the ESPN App on Firestick device and go to the ESPN+ section in the app and select login.
- Note down the activation code that is displayed in the app to proceed further.
- Now go to the Activation Page using a web browser on any device such as Smartphone, PC, etc.
- Enter the shown activation code on the web page and log in into your account if prompted to complete.
- That’s it, the service will now be activated and you can start streaming ESPN+ content.
If you’re already logged into your ESPN account on your web browser, then you won’t be prompted to login and the service will be activated right away after confirming the activation code.
How To Install ESPN Using Downloader
In case if you’re unable to access Amazon App Store for some reason to download the app or do not wish to follow the aforementioned method, then you can try out manually sideloading the Apk file of ESPN on your Firestick.
So, in order to sideload the Apk file, you need to first download the Apk file using a third-party application called Downloader. It’s useful for downloading Apk files and other files from various Internet sources.
- Launch your Firestick and proceed to the Settings option from the menu bar on the home screen.
- Navigate to My Device or Fire TV option on the next screen and select Developer Options.
- Enable the “Apps From Unknown Sources” option and select ‘Turn ON” option if you receive any pop-up warnings.
- Now go back to the home screen and navigate to the Search option using the remote of your device.
- Type in “Downloader App” in the search box and wait for the app suggestions to load.
- Select the Downloader app from the list and click on Download option to begin the downloading process.
- Within a few minutes, the Downloader app will automatically be installed.
Now the next part includes the downloading and installation process of the apk file on Fire TV Stick. Make sure the Downloader is successfully installed before proceeding with the following steps.
- Type Downloader app in the search icon and you will find the app in the search results.
- Open up the app and paste the following link in the URL address box under the home tab.
Copy and paste this link:- https://bit.ly/2QwN5GK
- The Apk file will automatically begin to download which will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the downloading is completed, you will be taken to the installation screen.
- Select the Install option to begin the installation process of the app on your device.
Done!! Once the app is finished installing, you can open it up and sign in to your account to start streaming Sports content.
This method is suitable for people who are unable to find the ESPN app in the Amazon App Store due to various reasons such as Geo-restrictions, etc. Rest, anybody with a Firestick device can install Apk file using the above-mentioned steps.
Other Ways To Watch ESPN On Firestick
The ESPN app’s content is pretty much limited to ESPN broadcasting network, apart from that, you don’t get to see any other TV channels in it. So far, there hasn’t been an addition of new TV channels other than ESPN News, etc. If you’re looking for more of a cord-cutting solution that provides ESPN and other TV channels, then you may try the below list streaming services.
Watch ESPN on Sling TV
Sling TV is a perfect streaming service for those who are fed with the absurd pricing of Cable TV connections. Surprisingly, Sling TV takes somewhat of a unique approach to Live Streaming of TV Channels. The service is available on a bunch of platforms including Amazon Firestick.
You can download the official Sling TV from the Amazon App Store and set up your account in order to watch ESPN and other Sports related TV channels. As for the package, you must opt for the Sling TV Orange subscription which costs 30$ a month.
Note:- Sling TV Blue package does not offer any ESPN TV channels, so if you strictly need ESPN channels, then get the Orange subscription.
Get ESPN on Hulu Live TV
Like other services, Hulu follows a flat fee-based subscription model that enables its users to access Live TV channels and on-demand content without any restrictions. The subscription pricing of Hulu is quite dynamic, you can add or remove addons to make your content library more focused.
There are tons of ways to watch ESPN TV channels on Firestick devices, and all of them are mentioned in the article. Apart from the above-mentioned ways, you can find the ESPN TV channel on other platforms as well such as AT&T TV Now, etc. As far as the user experience is concerned, the sources mentioned above does the job quite perfectly.
You may follow any of the above-mentioned steps to stream ESPN on Firestick. If you’re looking for an economical option, then the official ESPN App is the way to go. In case of any further questions or queries regarding the same, use the comment section below.