This step-by-step instructional guide will show you how to install Duplex IPTV on Firestick. The Duplex IPTV app will also work with all variants of the Firestick, as well as the Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (3rd Gen only), Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Soundbars.
Third-party IPTV services are in the grey area in terms of legality, but a vast majority of cord-cutters consider it over other OTT live TV providers.
It’s primarily because of affordable subscription plans, costing just a few bucks for hundreds of premium entertainment, movies, sports, and news channels.
However, users will also have to go through the hassle of setting up an IPTV player, which is a small price to pay given the affordability of such subscriptions.
Some IPTV players are more difficult to set up than others, so it’s crucial for you to get the one that can playback multiple IPTV playlists and features dozens of customization options.
If you have recently paid for an IPTV subscription and would like to use it on your Firestick device, then check out the Duplex IPTV app. It’s one of the best cross-platform IPTV players, and you can follow this guide to install and use Duplex IPTV on Firestick.
What is Duplex IPTV?
Duplex IPTV is an advanced IPTV player compatible with several operating systems, including Android and Fire OS. You can add multiple IPTV playlists to the app and watch your favorite channels.
It also supports all the popular playlists (e.g., M3U, M3U8) and video stream formats.
Duplex IPTV comes with a simple and user-friendly interface, making it easier for everyone to navigate and browse through the channel playlists.
Users can also switch between audio tracks and toggle on embedded subtitles on select IPTV streams. Furthermore, the built-in IPTV player lets you seek precisely through the VOD streams.
Note that Duplex IPTV doesn’t offer any free IPTV channels. Just like every other IPTV player, Duplex IPTV requires users to upload their own IPTV playlists.
Features of Duplex IPTV on Firestick
- Duplex IPTV lets users save and merge multiple playlists, as well as resume VOD playbacks from the last saved position.
- You can create and customize channel groups for quick access to your favorite channels.
- The app does have a search option you can use to find channels and on-demand content in playlists.
- You can change the audio track and enable subtitles from the player itself.
- Firestick users can try out the Duplex IPTV app free for seven days, then pay only $1.99 for a 1-year subscription.
How to Install Duplex IPTV on Firestick
Duplex IPTV is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Xbox One, and other platforms, and you can get it from their respective official storefronts.
However, Amazon seems to decline from publishing any IPTV player app on the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices, and the same applies to the Duplex IPTV app.
The only way for Firestick users to get Duplex IPTV on their devices is to sideload the duplex IPTV APK file. If you don’t have enough experience in sideloading apps on your Firestick, carefully go through the following step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Enable Unknown App Installations
Amazon limits users from sideloading APK files on Fire TV devices by default, similar to how it is on other Android devices. However, you can enable unknown app installations from the developer settings menu. Here’s how:
- First, move to the navigation bar above the Fire TV home screen and highlight Settings on the right.
- After that, scroll to the right of the Settings menu and click the My Fire TV or Device On Fire OS 6, and later, the option has been renamed to Device & Software.
- Select and click Developer options on the following menu.
- Click the Apps from Unknown Sources You will be warned not to enable it for security reasons.
- Since Duplex IPTV is safe to install, click Turn On to dismiss the warning and enable the option.
Once you install the Duplex IPTV APK file, you can turn this option off if worried about your Firestick’s security.
Step 2: Get Downloader from Appstore
Unfortunately, no Fire TV web browsers offer support for file downloading on Firestick. However, you can use the Downloader app instead, and it can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore. Just follow the steps below.
- Go to the Search (hand lens icon) option on the Fire TV navigation bar’s left side.
- Now search for the Downloader app in the following Search menu using the on-screen keys or the voice search function.
- While you type it in the search field, a few suggestions should show up below. Select Downloader from the list.
- Next, scroll to the Apps & Games row and click the Downloader.
- Click download on the Appstore page of the Downloader app. It should be installed on your Firestick soon.
Once the installation completes, click Open to launch Downloader. For the first-time launch, you will have to Allow the app access to storage permissions. When you are prompted to check out the quick start guide, click OK to skip it.
Step 3: Sideload Duplex IPTV APK file
Now that you are on Downloader’s Home page, read on through the following instructions to sideload Duplex IPTV APK file on Firestick.
- Select the URL bar in the Downloader app and type in the following link: https://bit.ly/33sfxR8
- Now click Go and wait for the Duplex IPTV APK file to get downloaded on your Firestick.
- After the download finishes, the Android installer should show up immediately, prompting you to install the Duplex IPTV app. Click Install to continue.
- Once it’s installed, click Done to close the installer.
- When you return to the Downloader app, make sure to Delete the Duplex IPTV APK file to free up the internal storage space.
Assuming that you have managed to install Duplex IPTV on Firestick by following the steps above, you can open it from the “Your Apps & Channels” list on the Fire TV home screen.
Alternatively, hold the Home button on your Alexa Voice Remote, then click Apps in the quick access menu to open up the full list of installed apps. The Duplex IPTV app should be located at the bottom end of the list.
While highlighting it, press the Options button on the remote and click Move. You can now move the app to the top of the list if you want to.
How to Add Playlists to Duplex IPTV on Firestick
Duplex IPTV doesn’t let users add or edit playlists directly from the app. Instead, you will have to visit edit.duplexiptv.com to add your IPTV playlists. Here’s how you can do it:
- Upon launching the Duplex IPTV app on Firestick, you will be given a unique Device ID and Device Key. Note them down and proceed to the next step.
- Go to edit.duplexiptv.com from a web browser, enter your Device ID and Device Key in the following fields, then click the Manage Device option.
- Once you do it, click the Add playlist option on the following page. A new window should open up.
- Enter a name for the playlist, then paste the M3U or M3U8 URL that comes with your IPTV subscription. You can also add the XMLTV link if you want access to the EPG (Electronic Program Guide).
- Click the Save button to save the playlist. Before that, you can also choose to protect the playlist with a PIN code.
Once you add your IPTV playlists, you can return to the Duplex IPTV app on Firestick. The added playlists should appear under the Playlists section of the app. You can use the remote to browse the playlists and playback your favorite channels.
More IPTV Guides
That’s how you can install and use Duplex IPTV app on Firestick. Note that you won’t be able to use it after the 7-day free trial ends, but you can purchase a six-month ($0.99) or one-year ($1.99) subscription from the app, then activate it via the Activate Device option on the edit.duplexiptv.com website.