In this article, we will show you How to Watch Discovery Plus on Firestick. This guide also works on Firestick 4k, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and other amazon Fire TV Devices.
Discovery is one of the most popular factual entertainment and documentary television channels worldwide. Its popularity has also spread in Asia-Pacific countries, including India.
As of now, Discovery is broadcasted in eight regional languages—English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telegu.
India has of late seen significant growth in terms of online streaming as well, now that 4G internet plans are so much affordable now. Standalone services like Disney+ Hotstar, Eros Now, Zee5, Voot, ALT Balaji, and JioCinema, is quite popular among millennials.
Even global streaming giants, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, now offer a vast library on-demand movies and TV shows created for the Indian audiences.
In such a dense market, Discovery has built its new streaming service, Discovery Plus (Discovery+) from the ground up, offering a respectable catalog of popular Discovery TV shows and original series.
It first rolled out for Android and iOS devices, and now you can get it on the Amazon Firestick too.
In this guide, we will discuss the offerings of Discovery Plus in detail, plus walk you through the installation process of the Discovery Plus app on Firestick.
What Do you Get with Discovery Plus?
Discovery Plus offers a massive library of on-demand Discovery TV shows, specials, and documentaries. Every piece of content is sourced from Discovery and its sister channels, including Animal Planet, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Science, Discovery ID, and TLC.
With Discovery Plus, you can watch your favorite Discovery shows, including Man vs. Wild, Expedition Unknown, Food Factory, Project Runway, Gold Rush, NASA’s Explained files, Simply Nigella, Evil Lives Here, River Monsters, Wild Frank, and 1000+ additional series and documentary content.
One of the best things about Discovery Plus is that you won’t have to pay for a subscription in order to enjoy its on-demand offerings.
However, Discovery Plus does offer a Premium subscription for those who are interested in streaming exclusive documentaries and specials that are never seen before on the Discovery Channel.
As of now, you get access to shows like Into The Wild with Bear Grylls, Susan Powell: An ID Murder Mystery, Marooned, Idris Elba: No Limits, Breaking Point, A Haunting, Himalayan Tsunami, Ed Stafford: Left For Dead, Web of Lies, and many more. Similar to the Discovery Channel, Discovery Plus lets users choose between eight different Indian languages on the go.
Discovery Plus also provides short clips for those who don’t have much time to stream full-length content. Also, the service has a dedicated playlists section full of handpicked content for younger audiences.
The Discovery Plus premium subscription costs ₹99/month. At the time of the writing, the yearly premium plan is priced at ₹299. Although advertisements on free-tier content are not that invasive, the premium subscription eliminates the ads entirely.
Features of Discovery Plus
- Discovery Plus offers an ever-growing library of Discovery TV shows, documentaries, specials, and web-exclusive content.
- The latest Discovery Plus content is available to stream in up to 1080p Full HD resolution. Quality is dynamically adjusted based on network connectivity. You also can choose between eight languages.
- The app has an intuitive user interface, and Firestick users can find their favorite Discovery shows or documentaries using voice search.
- You can enjoy ‘Shorts’ or short clips from your favorite Discovery shows.
- You can mark shows as favorites or add them to the watchlist from the app.
- It is totally optional to pay for the Discovery Plus premium subscription. Most of the Discovery shows and clips are ad-supported, which you can stream for free.
How to Install Discovery Plus on Firestick?
Discovery Plus has officially debuted on the Amazon Appstore, which means it’s a relatively straightforward process to install the app. If you are uncertain, then you can follow the steps below to install Discovery Plus on Firestick.
- Highlight the magnifier icon on the top left-hand side of the Fire TV home screen. It will expand the search page.
- On the search page, use voice search or the on-screen keyboard to search for the Discovery Plus
- Select the Discovery Plus keyword from the suggestions list at the bottom part of the search page.
- Scroll down to the Apps & Games category on the results page, then click the Discovery+ app icon.
- Click Get to begin the auto-installation of Discovery Plus on your Firestick device.
When it is installed, you can return to the Fire TV home screen to find and launch the Discovery Plus app under Your Apps & Games category.
If you can’t find it, then click See All at the end of the category row. It will open up a separate list of all the apps you have installed on Firestick, from where you can launch Discovery Plus as well.
How to Sign up for a Discovery Plus Premium Subscription?
If you want access to Discovery Plus’ exclusive shows and special documentaries, then you will have to sign for a premium subscription. Here’s how to do it:
- Open up a web browser on your smartphone or PC, and visit www.discoveryplus.in.
- Click the Log In option on the upper-right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your mobile number and click Get OTP. After that, enter the OTP sent on your number and click Submit. You can also choose to log in with Google, Facebook, or Apple. The options are found under “View other login options.”
- Next, click the Premium tab above the Discovery Plus home page, then click Continue
- Choose between monthly or yearly premium plan, and hit the Subscribe button below.
- Select your payment method and complete the payment process.
That’s it! You can now launch the Discovery Plus app on your Firestick and log in with your Discovery Plus account credentials to access the premium lineup of on-demand content.
Overview of the Discovery Plus App on Firestick
The Discovery Plus app’s user interface resembles the Disney+ Hotstar app, where the sidebar on the left lets you move between different sections of the app.
The Home section of Discovery Plus shows curated collections of Discovery shows based on you what you stream from the app. It also featured newly added content, as well as several different categories of shows and documentaries. Similar to other streaming services, you can continue watching an episode from where you left it off previously.
The Explore section lets you explore content by channels, which include Discovery, Animal Planet, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Science, Discovery ID, and TLC. Both free and premium content is accessible from here.
The MindBlown section offers a couple of playlists about animals, nature, space, science, and pets. The playlists are carefully curated for younger audiences, which are also free to watch.
The Premium section basically includes every premium content offered by Discovery Plus. Premium content is advertisement-free, and you can also access shorts from a show’s episode library.
When playing back on-demand content on the Discovery Plus app, you can choose to add it to your list of Favorites and Watchlist, which you can access from the sidebar as well. The cog icon on the playback control bar lets you change audio language and video quality. You can also play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind using the playback buttons on the Firestick remote.
- How to Watch Hallmark Channel on FireStick
- How to Install Airtel Xstream on Firestick
- How to Watch History Channel on FireStick
Discovery Plus is the best streaming service for your infotainment needs. The premium subscription is also reasonably priced, considering how much on-demand shows and documentaries it has to offer.
If not interested in premium content, then you can stick to the free-tier, which still gives you access to most of Discovery’s programming.
Hopefully, this guide has everything you need to know about Discovery Plus, in addition to the step-by-step installation process of the Discovery Plus app on Firestick.