Last Updated on January 8, 2021
The following tutorial will provide you with a step-by-step instructional guide to Install and Set Up CyberGhost VPN on FireStick.
Many people use a VPN to access the web privately and securely so that they can do their work with complete anonymity. If you haven’t heard about a VPN, it actually stands for Virtual Private Network, which acts as a closed data transmission tunnel between a client and a host server and allows the users have access to the host’s internet connectivity over a virtual remote connection.
To keep the data transmission safeguarded from local internet service providers, network packet requests are passed through a private DNS server, and top-tier encryption is often enforced with high priority.
A VPN can be used for other things as well. Due to the disputes associated with content licensing and distribution in different countries, live and on-demand video streaming services are forced to serve its offerings in restricted areas only.
A vast majority of VPN users pay for a separate subscription just to get past the geo-restrictions of certain streaming services. For example, you can connect to a VPN server in the United States to access the American content library of Netflix, which you won’t get in your region without using a VPN service.
Connecting to a VPN server results in a temporary change of your IP address. As long as you are connected, websites won’t be able to identify your real location from your actual IP address. Along with bypassing geo-restrictions, it’s also an excellent way to keep your privacy in check, since ISPs in several different countries can legally sell your personal information to third-party advertisers.
Now, VPN services don’t come cheap, especially when you are looking for premium features. However, you will also find a handful of affordable options, and one of them is the CyberGhost VPN.
If you regularly use your Amazon Firestick for online content consumption, then a Cyberghost VPN firestick app is a must-have app for your needs. You can follow this guide to learn more about CyberGhost VPN, as well as install it on your Firestick for an anonymous streaming experience.
What does CyberGhost VPN Offer?
Originated in Germany and Romania, CyberGhost is one of the industry-leading privacy giants that offer secure VPN service for millions of internet users across the globe. It has over 6200 VPN servers in more than 89 countries, providing unlimited bandwidth and fast network speed.
The list of countries including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Finland, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, etc. They also have specialized VPN servers that can provide buffering-free playback from Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and YouTube.
Similar to other popular VPN services, CyberGhost does support OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocol-standards, but it lacks L2TP (Layer Two Tunneling Protocol) support. However, you do get WireGuard with compatible devices.
In addition, it has automated HTTPS redirection, ensuring a much more secure connection when browsing different websites. It should be mentioned that CyberGhost uses AES 256-bit encryption for its VPN connections. It even has an auto kill-switch, which completely disconnects you from the internet in case of connection drops.
In case you are looking for anonymous torrenting, then you can take advantage of CyberGhost’s P2P servers that reroute your peer-to-peer traffic through an encrypted connection. It also helps you avoid bandwidth throttles from your internet service provider. Like many VPNs, CyberGhost claims to have a strict zero log policy on its product page, which is backed by transparency reports from independent security firms.
CyberGhost VPN has a monthly subscription plan, which will cost you $12.99 every month. There’s also a 6 Months and 18 Months plan, which are available at discounted prices of $7.99/month and $2.75/month, respectively.
While the monthly plan only has a 14-day money-back guarantee, you get up to 45 days for the semi-annual and yearly plans. On Android and Fire TV devices, you also get a 7-day free trial without signing up for a CyberGhost account. With any of the plans, you can connect up to seven devices to VPN at the same time.
Features of CyberGhost VPN
- With CyberGhost VPN, you can connect to 6000+ VPN servers in 89 countries across the world.
- It has specialized servers optimized for popular streaming services, along with peer-to-peer servers for torrenting.
- CyberGhost VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption to keep your privacy secured on the web. It also has DNS and IP leak protection.
- CyberGhost offers much more affordable subscription plans compared to other VPN services available to the consumers.
- Your internet speed doesn’t get significantly throttled, and there is no limit on bandwidth and traffic.
How to Install CyberGhost VPN on Firestick?
CyberGhost VPN is natively compatible with a vast range of devices, including Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, and Fire TV. You can get the official CyberGhost VPN on Firestick from the Amazon Appstore. The following steps will guide you through the installation process:
- Start with highlighting the Search (magnifying glass) option next to the Home tab on top of the Fire TV home screen.
- From the following search screen, search for the “CyberGhost VPN” You can use the voice search option to do it, or manually enter it in the search bar with the on-screen keys.
- After that, choose CyberGhost or CyberGhost VPN from the search suggestions.
- Click the yellow CyberGhost VPN app icon under the Apps & Games category from the search results.
- Now click Get on the following Appstore page. The CyberGhost VPN shouldn’t take more than a minute to get installed on your Firestick.
Once it’s installed, you can launch the CyberGhost VPN client from Your Apps & Channels category of the Fire TV home screen. If the client doesn’t appear under the category, then click See All and go to the bottom of the apps list. You will find CyberGhost VPN there.
How to Sign up for a CyberGhost Subscription?
Before you launch the CyberGhost VPN client, follow the steps below to sign up for a CyberGhost subscription first.
- First, go to cyberghostvpn.com from your mobile or computer.
- Now click the option that says, “Get it for $2.75/mo.” on CyberGhost’s official website.
- Select your preferred VPN subscription plan, then scroll down to select your payment method.
- Enter your email address and billing information (if asked), and click the Buy Now.
- Complete the transaction and check your inbox for the confirmation email from CyberGhost. You will be prompted to set a password for your account.
Once you have access to your CyberGhost VPN subscription, you can proceed to the next section of this guide to log in to the official CyberGhost client on Firestick.
How to Log in to CyberGhost VPN on Firestick?
The following instructions will show you the way to log in to the CyberGhost on Firestick:
- Launch the CyberGhost VPN app from the Fire TV home screen.
- When you see the first-time disclaimer page, click Agree & Continue.
- Next, click Allow VPN Access on the following page, then click OK in the overlay.
- Now enter your CyberGhost account credentials in the required field, and click the Log in.
Once you are authenticated and logged in to the CyberGhost VPN client, you can connect to your preferred VPN server and enjoy streaming geo-restricted content on your Firestick.
Connect to a VPN Server with CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
It’s quite easy to connect to a VPN server once you are signed in with your CyberGhost account, assuming that you have paid for the subscription.
Simply highlight and click the big slider in the middle of the home page of the app. You will be connected to CyberGhost’s fastest VPN server close to your location.
You can also click the down-arrow icon below the slider to open up a list of all the countries you can connect to. Upon selecting a country, CyberGhost will automatically establish a connection to the best VPN server in that particular country.
To disconnect from CyberGhost’s VPN server, click the power icon at the bottom of the home page.
Related More Posts
- How to Install Windscribe VPN on FireStick
- Is It Illegal to Jailbreak a FireStick?
- Best Amazon FireStick Channels List
In this guide, we have discussed several essential features of CyberGhost VPN, as well as walked through the installation and login process for CyberGhost’s official VPN client on Firestick.
Now you can not only bypass geo-restrictions of streaming services but also stream on-demand content from unverified sources privately and securely.
If you encounter network connection issues while running CyberGhost VPN on Firestick, then we recommend you to either reinstall the app or live chat with the customer support to rectify the problem.