This is a step-by-step guide on How to Install Crunchyroll on Firestick. Crunchyroll app is also compatible with the Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition Smart TVs/Soundbars. In case you have any of these devices, you can still follow this guide to get Crunchyroll on your Fire TV device.
Anime is a cultural phenomenon in several regions across the world. Since the 90s, it is quite a valuable addition to the commercial entertainment platform, mainly in European and American countries. We can admit that most of our childhood has been influenced by at least one anime series, whether it’s just Naruto, Pokémon, or Dragon Ball Z.
A survey conducted back in 2018 had surprising results, with the United States at the top among several countries outside of Japan with the highest demand for anime titles, followed by France, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Taiwan, Chile, etc. The global market size for anime was apparently valued at USD 20.47 billion that year, and it has seen exponential growth in 2021 as well.
If you want to watch anime over the web, there are several options available for you. Instead of waiting for the fansubbing community to do their hard work and upload anime to file-hosting services, you can now stream anime on-demand via digital streaming services. Popular OTT platforms, such as Netflix and Hulu, offer a respectable library of subbed and dubbed anime series.
However, Crunchyroll beats both of the services with its massive catalog of anime content, which is quite famous among anime fans around the world. The service is available for a vast range of devices as well, including the Amazon Fire TV lineup.
If you are looking for the best streaming service to watch anime on-demand on your Firestick device, then you should definitely give Crunchyroll a try. This guide will not only tell you more about the service but also help you install Crunchyroll on Firestick.
What does Crunchyroll Offer?
Crunchyroll is an on-demand video streaming service exclusively for anime fans. It has an expansive library of 1200+ popular anime series from several genres, including action, adventure, drama, comedy, fantasy, romance, thriller, mystery, sci-fi, etc.
With Crunchyroll, you can stream top-rates shows, such as Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, One-Punch Man, FLCL, Attack on Titan, Death Note, Yuri on Ice, DARLING in the FRANXX, as well as all the seasons of Dragon Ball, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Naruto Shippuden, just to name a few.
Crunchyroll also has its own set of original anime shows, which include In/Spectre, The Rising of the Shield Hero, Tower of God, A Place Further Than the Universe, etc. Dozens of new anime originals will make their debut in the upcoming months or so.
In addition, the service also has a respectable library of simulcast shows, with the latest episodes added after an hour of the original airing schedule. A handful of live-action Japanese dramas are also available in a separate catalog.
It’s worth mentioning that the vast majority of Crunchyroll’s anime library is sub-only. If you prefer English dubs, then the service only has a few dubbed shows to offer.
Crunchyroll has two different tiers – free and paid. With the free tier, you can stream your favorite shows from the streaming library, minus the simulcasts, and Crunchyroll’s original anime series.
Everything you watch for free on the service is ad-supported. Notably, the restrictions on stream quality have been lifted on the free tier, and you can stream in up to 1080p.
If you choose to pay for Crunchyroll Premium, then you get an ad-free access to Crunchyroll’s complete anime streaming library. The Premium plan costs $7.99/month.
Features of Crunchyroll
- You can watch thousands of anime shows on-demand with Crunchyroll. The service also offers original series and Manga content.
- Subtitles are available in different languages, including English, Español, Deutsch, Italiano, Português, etc.
- You can stream simulcasts in up to 1080p Full HD quality.
- Crunchyroll is an ad-supported streaming service. However, you can pay for Crunchyroll Premium to remove ads and enjoy all the perks offered by the service.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Firestick?
Crunchyroll officially supports Fire TV devices since 2017, and you can download it on your Firestick from the Amazon Appstore. If you are new to the Fire OS interface, then follow the steps below to install Crunchyroll on Firestick.
- Use the Firestick remote to get to the tabs section above the Fire TV home screen and highlight the Search (magnifying glass) option on the left side.
- Next, enter “Crunchyroll” in the search field using the on-screen keys. You can even use the voice search feature with the Firestick remote to search for the streaming app.
- On the same menu, go down and choose Crunchyroll from the search list.
- After that, scroll over to the Apps & Games category in the results, and click the Crunchyroll app icon.
- Click Get on the following page and sit back until the Crunchyroll app gets installed on your Firestick.
Once the installation is done, return to the Fire TV home screen and navigate down to Your Apps & Channels category. If you don’t see Crunchyroll in the category, then click See All to open up the full list of apps you have installed on your Firestick. At the bottom end of the list, you should see the Crunchyroll app.
Sign up for a Crunchyroll Premium Subscription
If you want to continue with the free tier, then you can skip this section of the guide. However, we recommend you subscribe to Crunchyroll Premium for an ad-free streaming experience and access to the original series. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, go to crunchyroll.com from your preferred device.
- Now click the Premium tab in the top menu bar.
- Now enter your email address and a password for your Crunchyroll account, then click the Create Account.
- Click Continue on the next page, then enter your credit card details and click Start Free Trial. You can also pay with PayPal if you want.
Once you have verified your payment method, your 14-day free trial for Crunchyroll Premium will be activated. You will also receive a mail from the service so that you can confirm your email address and verify your Crunchyroll account.
Steps to Log in to Crunchyroll on Firestick
The log-in process is straightforward in the Crunchyroll app. To sign in with your Crunchyroll account on your Firestick, just do the following:
- Launch Crunchyroll app on Firestick.
- Once the splash screen disappears, you will be asked to either log in or skip and explore the service. Click LOG IN to proceed.
- Now enter the email and password you have used to create your Crunchyroll account, then click LOG IN once again.
Once you are logged in to the app, you should see Cruchyroll’s Home page, showing a vast catalog of anime series.
An Overview of Crunchyroll on Firestick
As previously mentioned, the Home page is what you will see every time you launch the app. It shows you an endless catalog of trending and popular anime shows, as well as personalized picks based on the shows you watch on the service.
You can also switch to different pages in the app from the sidebar on the left, which includes Search, Home, Watchlist, History, Browse, and Settings.
From the Search page, you can sort the search results by series, movies, and episodes. The Watchlist and History page will work only when you log in to your Crunchyroll account.
You can also browse through popular and newly added anime shows from the Browse page. The list can be sorted in alphabetical order too. You can even select your preferred genre from the list.
If you choose to change your subtitle language or clear search history, then you can do it from the Settings page. The account logout option is also there.
- How to Watch HBO Max on FireStick
- How to Install Clean Master on FireStick
- How to Watch History Channel on FireStick
If you like to watch anime shows, then Crunchyroll is the ultimate streaming service for your needs. You can install the official Crunchyroll app on Firestick by following this guide. Furthermore, we have added detailed instructions to help you sign up for the Premium subscription and log in to the app.