Last Updated on January 24, 2022
In this step by step guide, we will show you the installation process of the crew addon on Kodi. The instructions provided below will also work on firestick, android box, and all other Kodi supported platforms.
Ever since Kodi added system-wide support for modular add-on functionality, the Kodi community has been working hard to bring more video add-on options for content consumption. Some streaming services are now available at a fully functional state, getting regular updates and bug fixes from the creators. Some of them have also been added to the official Kodi add-on repository.
Unofficial video add-ons are also quite popular, as they offer premium movies and TV shows without asking for subscription fees. Some of the best Kodi add-ons are Exodus Redux, FEN, Numbers, Venom, Seren, Covenant, The Magic Dragon, Tempest, etc. A few of these add-ons even offer 24/7 channel streams for free alongside a vast catalog of on-demand content.
Today we will check out The Crew addon, which many of you are trying to install on Kodi. We recommend using the latest version of Kodi for the best experience, which is currently v18.9 Leia on all supported platforms. It should also work fine on older revisions of Leia.
What does The Crew Addon Offer?
The Crew Kodi addon offers a massive collection of movies, TV shows, and sports content, as well as provides IPTV channel streams sourced from separate add-ons.
You can watch the newly released blockbuster films in high-definition. You will also be able to stream older Hollywood movies that are currently trending among other users of the add-on. Disney+ original movies are also being added to the streaming library.
In terms of TV shows, The Crew has a lot to offer. New episodes from your favorite series, such as Snowpiercer, Yellowstone, Black Monday, Days of Our Lives, Good Witch, The Oval, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, and many more are added soon after the digital release.
You can also browse through a list of all TV shows airing today, and start streaming as quickly as possible. A TV calendar has been integrated with The Crew addon. On the same note, limited web series from Disney+ and Apple TV+ are also available for streaming.
The Crew addon offers plenty of sports content, live and on-demand. It includes NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, FIFA, NASCAR, cricket, motorsports, eSports, etc. You will also find PPV replays of UFC, WWE, boxing, and other MMA sports events. You can also stream channels from major sports networks and enjoy live sports on The Crew add-on.
It’s worth mentioning that you might have to install Crew Sports or SportsDevil add-on in order to access select local or premium sports channels.
The Crew even provides free-to-air IPTV channels from several countries, including the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, India, United Kingdom, and more. You can also stream channels from ad-supported live TV services. However, additional add-ons will be required for the live TV streams to work properly.
The Crew Kodi addon uses web scraper tools to find direct stream links or torrents that are publicly available on file hosting websites. It does offer Real-Debrid integration, giving you access to up to 4K high-speed streams for on-demand content.
If you use Trakt for watchlist synchronization, then you can link your Trakt account with The Crew add-on as well. In addition, you get the option to toggle on closed captioning when required.
How to Install The Crew Addon on Kodi?
It is quite easy to install add-ons from Kodi’s official add-on repository. However, The Crew is an unofficial addon. Thus, you will have to install the required repository first, then get The Crew Kodi addon from the repository. The whole process is relatively intricate, but you can follow our guide to install The Crew addon on Kodi without the need for troubleshooting.
Step 1: Allow third-party add-on installation
The following steps will show you the proper way to allow third-party add-on installation on Kodi:
- First of all, launch Kodi on your compatible device.
- Now click the cogwheel under the Kodi logo on the top-left corner of the screen. It should open up the settings menu.
- Navigate down to the Settings row and click on System in the menu.
- Next, highlight the Add-ons option from the left row, and toggle on Unknown sources.
- Click Yes to close the warning message.
Step 2: Install The Crew Repository
To install The Crew add-on on Kodi Leia, you will have to get access to The Crew Repository first. Here’s how to get it:
- Return to Kodi’s primary settings menu and click on File manager.
- After that, click Add source at the bottom of the list. It will open up a new window for adding the file source.
- Click <None> and enter the following link: https://team-crew.github.io (including HTTPS), then click OK to return to the window.
- Now it will require you to enter a name for the file source. For easier access, type in Crew Repo in the text field, then click OK to save the file source.
- Return to Kodi’s settings menu once again and click Add-ons.
- On the Add-ons menu, select Install from zip file.
- Now choose Crew Repo from the list.
- Click the thecrew-x.x.x.zip file, then wait until it completes the installation process.
Once it’s installed, you can proceed to the next instructions set below.
Step 3: Install The Crew Kodi addon
To install The Crew add-on on Kodi, simply do the following:
- Click the “Install from repository” option in the Add-ons menu.
- Now choose THE CREW REPO from the list of repositories on the next page.
- Scroll down and click Video add-ons, then click THE CREW on the top.
- Click Install to download and install The Crew add-on on Kodi.
It might take a minute or so for the add-on to get installed properly. Once you stop receiving installation notifications, go back to the Kodi home screen, select Add-ons, and launch The Crew from the Video add-ons section.
If you are shown a disclaimer message on the first boot, click Agree to continue. You will be able to see the main screen of The Crew add-on.
A Quick Look at The Crew Add-on
There are several options on the main screen of the add-on, which are Movies, TV Shows, Sports, IPTV, Kids, 1 Click, CC Collections, Radio, Additional Addons, Tools, and Search.
The Movies and TV Shows pages have a few categories in common, including Trending, Most Popular, Genres, etc. You can browse movies by year and cast from the add-on. It even gives you the option to browse TV shows by networks. You can scroll down at the bottom of the pages to get access to the Search option to find your favorite content quickly.
You will find all sorts of sports content on the Sports page. Alongside different sports leagues, The Crew Kodi add-on also lists replays and miscellaneous sports content in separate categories.
The IPTV page offers a mix of channels from various live TV add-ons, which include Swift Streams, IPTV-ORG, Stratus TV, Fluxus TV, Bumblebee TV, Sports 24 TV, Sportsbay TV, etc.
From 1 Clicks page, you can access high-resolution content sourced from Real-Debrid and additional services. However, you will have to log in with a Real-Debrid account to stream high-resolution content.
From Tools, you can authorize your Trakt account or change ResolveURL settings, in case you encounter stream errors. You can also access general, navigation, subtitles, and playback-related settings from the page, as well as clear cache and search history.
Get Real-Debrid on The Crew Add-on
Assuming that you do have an active Real-Debrid account, you can follow the steps below to stream content in up to Ultra HD resolution (on a supported device) with Real-Debrid on The Crew Kodi addon.
- Scroll down The Crew’s main screen and click Tools.
- On the following page, click the ResolveURL: Settings.
- Select Universal Resolvers from the sidebar of the window, then scroll down to the Real-Debrid section and click (Re)Authorize My Account. A temporary activation code will be shown on the screen.
- Open up a browser tab and go to real-debrid.com/device, which is Real-Debrid’s activation site.
- Enter the activation code in the field and click Continue. Log in to your Real-Debrid account when prompted.
Once you finish the activation process, The Crew add-on will redirect you to the main screen. You can now search for your favorite movie or TV show from the Search page. When the add-on asks you to select a stream, click the link with an “RD” in the name. It stands for “Real-Debrid” in short.
You May Like – How to Watch NFL on Kodi
The Crew addon offers a sizeable on-demand catalog of movies, TV shows, and sports content, along with IPTV channels from across the globe. Since the add-on has no ownership of the listed content, make sure to use a VPN service for streaming unlicensed content safely and anonymously.
To stream your favorite films or shows in the best possible quality, you can link your Real-Debrid account to The Crew add-on as well. You will find detailed instructions in this guide to do so, and Install The Crew add-on on Kodi.