Last Updated on May 29, 2022
This guide illustrates how to install Clean Master For Firestick. The app can also be installed on other Amazon Fire TV devices including Firestick 4k & Fire TV Cube.
Streaming devices don’t particularly need a high amount of internal storage, considering that users will only install a dozen of streaming-related apps on them. Oftentimes, streaming device manufacturers sacrifice storage space to accommodate for more powerful hardware, and the manufacturing cost has to hit the affordable price bracket.
Firestick is an excellent example in this regard. It packs moderately powerful hardware, as well as excellent software, which is optimized to provide lag-free media playback. It gets exceptional support from both first-party video streaming services and the third-party app developing community, and you can play games on it, too.
However, it’s not perfect. Although both the standard and 4K version of Firestick comes with an adequate amount of memory, it only comes with 8GB of internal storage. On top of that, a firestick user only gets to use around 4.5GB, thanks to the Fire OS occupying almost 3.5GB of the total storage space.
While 4.5GB is more than enough to install a few dozens of apps on Firestick, some apps also store redundant data and cache (e.g., cover art, subtitle files, catalogs, temporary files) for faster loading times and conserve internet bandwidth. All unwanted files like these often occupy hundreds of megabytes of storage space, and the streaming device quickly runs out of storage.
The eMMC flash storage chip in Firestick is another bottleneck to its performance, as it needs to maintain a minimum of 30% empty storage space for optimal performance. When your Firestick is low on storage, the memory controller for the flash chip will have to work hard in order to read or write data. As a result, your Firestick might feel sluggish after a few months of usage.
Since deleting apps is not a viable solution for most users, we have prepared this guide to help Firestick users install Clean Master on Firestick, which is the most popular storage cleaner app for Android devices.
Last Updated on May 29, 2022
- 1 What is Clean Master?
- 2 How to Install Clean Master For Firestick?
- 3 How to Use Clean Master on Firestick?
- 4 See Similar Firestick Related Posts
- 5 Wrapping Up
- 6 FAQs
What is Clean Master?
Clean Master is a storage and RAM optimizer tool for Android smartphones. With 900 million downloads across the globe and 4.7 ratings on the Google Play Store, it is undoubtedly the most downloaded optimizer tool that keeps Android-powered devices clean and smooth.
One of the flagship features of Clean Master is its residual system junk file cleaner, which intelligently detects temporary app cache, redundant, and duplicate files in the internal storage, then wipe them all out at once.
Another killer feature of Clean Master is the Phone Boost, which gives you the option to monitor and terminate apps or services that run as a background process. It not only frees up RAM on your device, but it also boosts overall performance in the process.
In addition, Clean Master also features an antivirus tool that continually protects your device from malware, spyware, and trojans.
Features of Clean Master
- Clean Master’s system cleaner frees up internal storage so that you don’t run out of storage space while trying to install apps.
- You can also stop app processes from running in the background and consuming memory.
- It actively monitors your device and blocks dangerous malware, ad-trackers, and spyware to protect your device and privacy.
- Clean Master is a lightweight app, and it doesn’t consume more than a few megabytes of storage on your device.
- The cleaner tool is free-to-download and doesn’t include any in-app purchases.
- 5 Reasons Why Your Firestick Is So Slow
- HOW TO GET FILELINKED ON FIRE STICK?
- HOW TO ACTIVATE HGTV ON FIRE STICK?
- HOW TO INSTALL AIRPLAY ON A FIRE STICK?
- HOW TO CLEAR CACHE ON FIRE STICK?
How to Install Clean Master For Firestick?
Clean Master is exclusive to Android smartphones only, and it is not intended to be used on Android TV or Fire TV devices. However, Firestick users can still sideload the Clean Master APK file on their device and use it without using additional input software like Mouse Toggle. Although the app is designed with touch-based navigation in mind, you can navigate through the app interface using the Fire TV remote.
If you are trying to install Clean Master on Firestick for the first time, you can follow the instructions below step-by-step.
Step 1: Enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ Developer Option
Amazon’s Fire OS has retained the security option from an Android device that allows users to install unsigned or third-party applications. You can enable it from the developer’s options menu by following these steps:
- Select the Settings tab from the Fire TV home screen’s quick navigation bar.
- In the Fire TV Settings menu, keep scrolling and select Device & Software at the end of the settings list. In case your Firestick runs on an older version of Fire OS, then search for the Device / My Fire TV
- Click Developer options in the following settings menu, then click on the Apps from Unknown Sources option to enable it.
- You might be prompted about the dangers of sideloading apps from unknown sources on your device. Click Turn On to close the message and confirm enabling the developer option.
You can now sideload any apps you want on your Firestick. In case you are wondering, enabling this option or installing third-party apps doesn’t void your Firestick’s warranty.
Step 2: Install Downloader App from Amazon App Store
Downloader app is one of the most trending apps on the Amazon Appstore, especially among experienced Firestick owners. It lets you download files on your Firestick, which can’t be done from Fire TV web browsers anymore. We will need it to download the Clean Master APK file, so here’s how to install Downloader on Firestick:
- Open up the search menu by selecting the magnifying glass icon next to the Fire TV home screen’s quick navigation bar.
- Use the keyboard on-screen or press the Alexa button on your Fire TV remote to search for the “Downloader” You might have to select the Downloader keyword from the instant search results.
- On the following page, highlight the Apps & Games list, and click the Downloader app
- After that, click Get / Download below the short description of the Downloader app. Just have patience and wait for a minute or so for the app to get installed on your Firestick.
When it’s done installing, click Open to launch the Downloader app installed and follow the remaining steps.
Step 3: Installing Clean Master to Firestick.
- When you launch the Downloader app, click Allow to give the app access to the Firestick’s internal storage. Otherwise, it won’t be able to download and store files.
- Click OK to dismiss the update changelog. You will then see the Downloader’s default home page.
- Now highlight and click the URL bar and enter this link carefully: https://bit.ly/3mwJOF3
- After that, click Go and wait until the Clean Master APK file has completed downloading.
- When the file has finished downloading, the Android app installer should appear automatically. Click Install to install Clean Master on Firestick.
Once Clean Master is installed, click Done to close the Android app installer. It will send you back to the Downloader app. From there, you can click Delete to remove the Clean Master app APK file and free up some storage space.
To launch Clean Master, close the Downloader app and return to the Fire TV home screen. Next, scroll down and highlight Your Apps & Channels list, go all the way to the right end to click See All. From the extended view of apps that you have installed on Firestick, you should be able to find and launch the Clean Master app.
Also, Check – How to Watch Fox Sports on Firestick
How to Use Clean Master on Firestick?
It’s very easy to use Clean Master on Firestick, thanks to its minimal user interface. Here’s how you can free up some space on your Firestick using Clean Master:
- Launch the Clean Master app, and wait for it to scan and detect cache, residuals, background processes, and APK files.
- Click the Boost Clean Master will automatically wipe out unnecessary files from your Firestick.
- To close the app, click Completed. You will return back to the Fire TV home screen.
See Similar Firestick Related Posts
Install Google Photos on Firestick
Google Photos is definitely a must-have app if you have a large number of photos stored on your device. Amazon Fire Stick devices can also be used to view photos on a TV. The app lets you backup photos and accesses them on pretty much any device that is compatible with Google Photos App.
Install Windscribe VPN on Firestick
VPN or Virtual Private Network, allows a client to establish a private connection to a server hosted elsewhere. Windscribe VPN is one of the few VPN services that doesn’t ask users to pay for a subscription plan or throttle their bandwidth intentionally. It lets you connect to secure servers in 100+ cities across 63 countries.
Watch Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Channel is a family-friendly channel. Hallmark Channel shows numerous series, movies, specials, and holiday-themed programming every day of the year. It has been one of the fastest-growing channels on television since its inception with an increase from 8 million subscribers in 2007 to over 53 million subscribers as of September 2018.
How to Change Firestick Device Name
Getting a FireStick can be very interesting, especially that moment whenever you install it for the first time and realize that a brand new world of entertainment has opened up for you. If you decide to rename your Firestick, then you can make it yours, and it might be even more fun to click the FireStick on and watch your favorite show.
Browse With Chrome
Web browsers that are available in the Amazon Appstore are highly optimized for Fire TV devices. However, none of them are as versatile as the Chrome browser. This installation guide is intended to help you install Chrome on Firestick, which is a must-have browser for those who often access web versions of video streaming services.
Also, don’t miss:
- How to Update Amazon Firestick
- How to Install BBC iPlayer on FireStick
- How to Program Firestick Remote to TV
- HOW TO UNPAIR FIRE STICK REMOTE?
This guide covers extensive installation and usage instructions for Clean Master on Firestick. While it might help you free up some storage space, we recommended that you simply uninstall some apps from your Firestick that you don’t use frequently. Uninstalling apps is still the most effective solution to boost your Firestick’s overall performance and stability.
1. What is a Clean Master app?
Clean Master is a free app that can be downloaded on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. It helps to clean up your device by deleting old files and apps, freeing up storage space, protecting against viruses and malware, etc.
2. What does clearing data on Firestick do?
Clearing data on Firestick clears the cache and deletes temporary files. Clearing data will free up space on your device, but it also removes personal information like passwords that you may have saved to your browser or other apps.
3. Is it OK to clear cached data?
It is not harmful to clear your cached data on a regular basis. Some people refer to this data as junk files, which refers to the fact that it simply sits and accumulates on your device. Clearing the cache is useful for keeping things clean, but it should not be relied on as a reliable method of creating fresh space.
4. What’s the difference between clearing data and clearing cache?
Clearing data deletes all of the files stored on your phone’s memory, including apps and music. Clearing cache, on the other hand, only removes temporary files that are used to store information temporarily while you’re using an app.
5. Can clearing cache cause problems?
Clearing the cache on a device can be beneficial in certain situations. For example, if an app is not working correctly or loading content properly, clearing the cache could fix this problem. Clearing the cache will delete cached data that may have been corrupted and cause problems with how apps are running.