Last Updated on January 8, 2021
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Cinema HD on FireStick. Cinema HD Apk will also work with the 2017 Fire TV Pendant, 2018/2019 Fire TV Cube, and Smart TVs/Soundbars with Fire TV built-in.
If you are looking for a way to stream the latest movies and TV shows on your Firestick device in the best quality possible without paying for a subscription fee, then you should definitely give third-party video streaming apps a try.
With that said, it is also quite difficult to find one in working condition since a vast majority of the apps have been discontinued by the developers. There are clones of such apps that use the same source code, but it’s the same story for the clones as well, which are abandoned with zero updates and unreliable stream links.
However, some of the original apps are still updated to this date, and Cinema HD is a prime example. Formerly known as HDMovies, the latest version of Cinema HD is currently v2.2.2 at the time of the writing. The app is free to download, but it uses advertisements for monetization.
This guide will show you the proper way to install Cinema HD on Firestick. You can also learn more about various features and functionalities offered by the Cinema App in detail. We have even included an overview of its user interface.
- 1 What is Cinema HD App?
- 2 How to Install Cinema HD on Firestick?
- 3 An Overview of Cinema APK on FireStick
- 4 Final Words
What is Cinema HD App?
Cinema HD is a third-party, on-demand video streaming app that provides a massive catalog of movies and TV shows. It is based on the source code of the VOD app Terrarium TV, which has been discontinued a long time ago.
Similar to Terrarium, Cinema HD gets its list of the latest movies and TV shows from popular movie database websites. It also fetches posters, ratings, and descriptions for the on-demand library. The app has web scrapers built-in, which automatically looks out for streamable links and playable torrents from public file hosting websites.
With Cinema HD, you can watch your favorite content in not only 1080p Full HD but also in 4K (2160p) Ultra HD quality, due to the integration with Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, and Premiumize multi-hoster services.
Note that 4K streaming is supported only on Firestick 4K and other 4K-certified Fire TV devices, and you will also need a compatible Ultra HD TV. Cinema HD also has Trakt.tv integration, giving users the options to import/export watchlists, history, and favorites across the Cinema HD app and other streaming platforms.
In addition to movies and TV shows, you can also watch PPV events from UFC and WWE, as well as exclusive on-demand sports content on Cinema HD. Special web series and documentaries from other streaming services are also available for free.
Cinema App does let you use an external media player instead of the default one, and you can also toggle autoplay and adjust the subtitles to your preference. You will find a backup and restore system for favorites, history, and settings so that you won’t have to reconfigure Cinema HD after a clean installation. Cinema HD supports navigation with the Firestick remote.
Features of Cinema HD
- Cinema HD offers a vast on-demand library of movies, TV shows, and sports content.
- You can watch your favorite movies and shows in up to 2160p resolution from Real-Debrid and Premiumize links in Cinema HD.
- Cinema HD has a dark and minimal user interface that is not only visually appealing but also functional from an end-user perspective. It natively takes remote input for app navigation.
- You can customize your experience with Cinema HD to your liking, thanks to the addition of external player support, autoplay, and subtitle management.
- Cinema HD is a free-to-use app, and it doesn’t have a subscription model for users.
How to Install Cinema HD on Firestick?
Cinema app is not available in the Amazon Appstore, similar to every other third-party streaming apps for the same reason. However, you can get it on your Firestick via the sideloading process, which we have described step-by-step below.
Step #1: Enable third-party app sideloading
First, Firestick users will have to enable a developer option to sideload apps from unknown sources. Unlike stock Android, the developer option on Fire OS can be accessed easily from the settings menu. The steps below will show you how to do it:
- Go to the Settings option from the navigational tabs above the Fire TV home screen.
- Scroll right to My Fire TV or Device option in the settings menu. On the latest Fire OS firmware, the options have been renamed to Device & Software.
- Click Developer options on the following menu, then click Apps from Unknown Sources from two of the options.
- Finally, click Turn On to close Amazon’s warning message box.
Cinema HD is a safe app to install. We have tested it ourselves, and it doesn’t ask for sensitive user information or system permissions. However, the end-user should be the judge of that.
Step #2: Install Downloader on Firestick
To download the most recent version of the Cinema app for firestick, we will have to install the Downloader app on Firestick. There are no other alternatives to Downloader, at least in the Amazon Appstore. Follow the steps below to install Downloader on Firestick:
- Select and highlight the magnifying glass icon on the top-left side of the Fire TV home screen. The search menu should appear on the screen.
- Next, search for “Downloader” from the search menu using the voice search feature on the Firestick remote. Optionally, you can type the app name using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
- Select Downloader from the autofill suggestions in the search menu.
- On the next screen, go down to the Apps & Games row, then click the Downloader app logo.
- Now click Get / Download right below the Downloader app description. The app should get installed in a few minutes.
Click Open to launch Downloader on your Firestick. You can now go through the rest of the instructions to download Cinema Apk on firestick.
Step #3: Download and Sideload Cinema Apk on Firestick
It’s pretty easy to download and sideload the Cinema HD APK file on Firestick.
- On the first boot, click Allow to give Downloader required storage permissions.
- Next, click OK to skip Downloader’s quick start guide.
- From the Home tab of the app, select the download bar, and enter the following link: https://bit.ly/2EChMYl
- After that, click Go to load the download link. The Cinema HD APK file should start downloading.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, click Install in the pop-up installer window.
- When Cinema HD is installed, click Done to close the pop-up installer window.
- Upon returning to the Downloader app, click Delete in the dialog box to delete the Cinema HD APK file. You won’t have to keep it after installation.
You can launch Cinema HD from Your Apps & Channels row on the Fire TV home screen. If you don’t see the app under the following row, then click See All instead. From the next page of all the apps you have installed, you will be able to find and launch the Cinema HD app on Firestick.
Last Updated on January 8, 2021
An Overview of Cinema APK on FireStick
The first time you launch the cinema apk on firestick, you will be asked to allow the app to access storage on your device. Click Allow to grant the app permissions to access it. After that, click Accept to close to Cinema HD’s disclaimer box. You will have to click OK again to close the changelog of the app.
By default, Cinema HD will boot you into the TV/Shows section. From here, you can browse through a vast list of popular TV shows and exclusive series. Clicking the down-arrow icon next to the Popular tag will bring down additional tags, which include Trending, Top Rated, Airing Today, On The Air, DVD Release, News, Netflix List, Amazon List, Hulu List, YouTube Red, etc.
You can click the magnifying glass icon on the top-right corner of the app to bring up the search menu. The funnel icon next to it gives you the option to filter the content by year of release. It’s worth mentioning that the Movies section is basically the same as the TV/Shows section in Cinema HD.
You can click the hamburger icon on the top-left corner to toggle the sidebar. You can switch between different sections of Cinema HD, which are TV/Shows (default), Movies, Favorites, History, Show Calendar, Settings, Check for updates, etc.
To add a movie or TV show to the Favorites section, simply click the heart-shaped icon on the menu bar above the content that you have selected. From History, you can browse through the content you have watched in Cinema HD. You can access a complete TV schedule from the TV Calendar section.
From the Settings page, you can choose your default player, clear cache, login to Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, Premiumize, and Trakt services, enable autoplay, as well as adjust subtitle size and color. The Backup/Restore options are available too.
Steps to Log in to Real-Debrid in Cinema HD on Firestick
By logging in with your Real-Debrid account in the Cinema app on Firestick, you get access to the highest quality streams from premium sources. Here’s how to do it:
- Open up the sidebar in the Cinema HD app, then scroll down and click Settings.
- Go down to the Premium Account section of the settings menu, then select Login to Real-Debrid. You will be given a code for your Real-Debrid account authorization.
- Now visit real-debrid.com/device from a different device, then enter the code shown in the Cinema HD app.
- Click Continue and log in to your Real-Debrid account to finalize the authorization process.
You can now search for the movie or TV show you want to watch in the Cinema HD app, then select the Real-Debrid stream link highlighted in yellow color.
- How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
- How to Install Theater Plus on FireStick
- How to Install Vola Sports App on FireStick
Now that you have Cinema HD on Firestick, you won’t have to pay for expensive monthly subscriptions for on-demand streaming services anymore to watch the latest movies, TV shows, and web series on-demand.
If you have a Real-Debrid subscription, you can also use it to fetch better stream links in the Cinema app.
Please note that we neither encourage piracy nor recommend our readers to use third-party apps on their devices.