This is a step-by-step guide on how to watch channel 4 on firestick. The same instructions will also work for Fire TV Cube, Fire TV – Gen 3, JVC 4K Fire TV Edition Smart TV, and the Nebula 2.1 Soundbar (Fire TV Edition).
Channel 4 is one of the five major free-to-air television networks in the United Kingdom. The Channel Four Television Corporation handles it, and it’s a publicly owned national British network.
The channel is quite popular for its original TV shows, factual documentaries on current and past affairs, and telecasts of independent made-for-TV films.
Channel 4 breaks their own previous records every year in terms of viewership, and this year is no exception. Quite recently, the channel started telecasting the 11th season of its popular baking show ‘Great British Bake Off,’ and the first episode attracted 7.9 million concurrent viewers.
There’s no doubt that Channel 4 is a favorite among the UK television audiences. However, many of you would like to know whether it’s possible to stream the Channel 4 online without relying on a Sky, BT, or a Virgin Media cable/satellite TV subscription.
If you happen to have a Fire TV device (e.g., Firestick) connected to your TV, then you can use it to watch Channel 4 on the device. For Firestick users, we have prepared this guide that you can also follow to watch Channel 4 on Firestick.
- 1 Watch Channel 4 on Firestick with the All 4 App
- 2 Final Words
Watch Channel 4 on Firestick with the All 4 App
All 4 is Channel 4’s on-demand and catch-up streaming service, which supports a wide range of devices, including the ones in the Amazon Fire TV family.
With the official All 4 app on Firestick, you can watch your favorite Channel 4 programs live and on-demand, as well as every other show from Channel 4’s sister channels, such as E4, More4, 4seven, Film4, and 4Music.
The All 4 app offers a massive 30-day catch-up window, in case you have missed a bunch of episodes from your favorite Channel 4 shows. Its on-demand streaming library consists of free box sets of Channel 4’s popular series of all time, alongside a handful of All 4 exclusives.
Due to issues with streaming rights, select programs, and made-for-TV films are not available in All 4’s on-demand catalog.
A TV license is all you need to get access to the All 4 service for free. However, you will have register for an All 4 account and sign in to the app, which comes with its own set of benefits.
For example, you can sync your watch history and resume watching from the All 4 app across several devices.
In addition, the All 4 app on Firestick comes with Alexa integration. You can ask Alexa to play an All 4 show and pause, rewind, and fast-forward hands-free. Closed captions can be also toggled from the All 4 app.
Features of All 4 App on Firestick
- You can watch Channel 4 and the network’s subsidiary channels live via the All 4 app on Firestick.
- Dozens of latest and classic box-sets are available to stream on-demand, along with 30 days of catch-up content.
- Users can sign in to the All 4 app to synchronize their watch history, playlists, and personalized recommendations across Firestick and other supported devices.
- You can use hands-free Alexa commands to control playback and get instantaneous access to your favorite programs.
- Since Channel 4 is a non-profit organization, the All 4 streaming service is free-to-use, assuming that you do have a UK TV license.
How to Install All 4 App on Firestick
The All 4 app works on almost all Fire TV devices, and you can download it from the Amazon Appstore. If you couldn’t install the All 4 app on your Firestick from the Appstore, then follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- First, go to the Search menu from above the Fire TV home screen. Look for the magnifying glass icon and select it.
- Next, enter “All 4” in the search option until you see search suggestions showing up below the field. You may also use the voice search option as an alternative to manually typing the app using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select All 4 from the search suggestions and proceed to the following results page.
- Now highlight the All 4 app logo under the Apps & Games list and click it.
- On the Appstore download page of the All 4 app, click Get. The download should begin shortly.
If everything goes smoothly, the latest version of the All 4 app should be installed on your Firestick in a minute or so. Click Open on the Appstore page to launch the app.
When you want to open All 4 next time, go down to the “Your Apps & Channels” list on the Fire TV home screen. Click See All if you don’t see the All 4 app under it, then scroll down to the end of the following expanded list.
You can Move the All 4 app to the top so that you can launch it directly from the home screen.
How to Sign Up for a My4 Account?
In order to access the content offered by the All 4 streaming service, you will be required to sign up for a My4 account first. The following steps will show you how:
- Go to the channel4.com website from your preferred device and click the Sign-in option above.
- On the next page, enter your email address in the field and click Let’s go.
- Now click the Register You will be asked to confirm your email address and enter a password for your account. Once you are done, click Next.
- After that, complete adding your profile details, including first and last name, date of birth, gender, and address. Click Next once again to continue.
- Finally, click the Register option to finish registering for your My4 account.
Once you register for the My4 account, check your mail inbox for an email from Channel 4. Click the Confirm my email address link in the mail to verify your email address and activate the account.
Sign up for All 4+ for an Ad-Free Experience (Optional)
All 4 is a free catch-up streaming service, and you will be occasionally interrupted by advertisements. You can get rid of the ads by paying only £3.99 per month for the All 4+ subscription, which can be canceled anytime.
New users like you can sign up for a 14-day free trial of All 4+ subscription from channel4.com/plus. Note that some programs will still contain advertisements due to contractual reasons. Besides, All 4+ won’t remove the ads from the Channel 4 live TV feed.
How to Sign in to the All 4 and watch Channel 4 on Firestick?
Now that you have a My4 account, you can use it to sign in to the All 4 app on Firestick. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the All 4 app on Firestick and click Accept to agree with the app’s terms and conditions.
- After that, the app will ask you to sign-in on the welcome page. Click the SIGN IN option to continue.
- Enter your My4 account credentials in the empty fields and click SIGN IN once again.
Once you are signed in to the All 4 app, you can now go to the Live TV section of the Home page and select Channel 4 from the options. After the stream loads, you can watch Channel 4 live on Firestick.
How to Use the All 4 App on Firestick
The All 4 app on Firestick has several navigation menus, such as Home, Categories, Box Sets, Catch Up, Search, A-Z, Settings, etc. Click the left directional key on your Fire TV Remote to expand the app’s sidebar and explore the various options.
The Home page opens up by default when you launch the All 4 app. You should see the featured shows of Channel 4 on the top of the page, then the ‘Continue Watching’ section below it.
From the ‘For You’ section, you can browse through shows that are personalized based on your watch history. Other sections on the Home page include Most Popular, People Are Talking About, Hidden Gems, Guilt-Free TV, Bingeable Box Sets, All 4 Favorites, TV Highlights, etc.
From the Categories page, you can browse through All 4’s library of on-demand shows from Channel 4 and its sister networks. You can choose from Popular, Comedy, Documentaries, Drama, Entertainment, Lifestyle, News & Current Affairs, Sport, World Drama, etc.
The Box Sets and Catch Up page is self-explanatory, and you can go to the A-Z page to browse through all the on-demand content sorted in alphabetical order.
When playing the Channel 4 stream in the All 4 app, click the Restart program option in the player to restart playing back the currently played show. Also, click the S logo above the player to enable subtitles.
- How to Watch BT Sport on FireStick
- How to Install BT TV App on FireStick
- How to Install Sky Go on FireStick
That’s how you can watch Channel 4 on Firestick with the All 4 app. Although it doesn’t ask users to verify their TV license, it’s important that you have an active one in case you don’t want to get in legal trouble.