Last Updated on May 10, 2022
In this post, we’ll teach you how to install cbs sports app on firestick for streaming live sports.
CBS is one of the major television networks in the United States, and it has existed in the TV business for several decades now. CBS’ programming mostly consists of comedy, drama, reality, game shows, late-night shows, and live news. However, a big part of the network’s programming also covers live sports.
In case you didn’t know, CBS broadcasts the Sunday Afternoon Football games with AFC teams, as well the AFC Championship game every NFL season (contract ends in 2022) and the big game every three years.
The network also offers broad coverage of college sports games and championships. Besides, CBS shares coverage of the PGA Tour with NBC Sports and ESPN.
Since most of us are more interested in digital content streaming these days, CBS has made it possible for us to stream its entertainment, news, and sports content over the internet across dozens of streaming devices.
The CBS Sports app is one of them, and it’s available for Fire TV and other media streaming platforms.
In case you are looking for a way to watch CBS Sports network on Firestick, be sure to check out this guide thoroughly. It has all the information you need to stream live sports events from CBS and its sister sports channels.
Last Updated on May 10, 2022
- 1 What does CBS Sports App on Firestick offer?
- 2 How to Install CBS Sports on Firestick
- 3 Alternative Ways to watch CBS Sports Live on Firestick
- 4 Watch Other Sports Channels and Sports Streams on Firestick
- 5 To Conclude
- 6 FAQs
What does CBS Sports App on Firestick offer?
The CBS Sports on Firestick lets you stream every live sports event from CBS and CBS Sports Network channels, including NFL on CBS, PGA Championship, UEFA Champions / Europa League, NCAA College Sports, SEC Football, the Masters, WNBA, Bellator MMA, etc.
Apart from the live coverage of sports events, you can also tune in to the pre-game and post-game live coverage and watch the highlights and replays from your favorite sports leagues on-demand.
In addition, you can watch CBS’s flagship studio shows like NFL Today, Monday QB, That Other Pregame Show, College Basketball Today, College Football Today, and many more.
The CBS Sports app accepts Television provider login, meaning that you can stream the 24/7 CBS and CBS Sports Network TV channels on your Firestick. You can also access CBS Sports HQ, the network’s free digital streaming channel airing sports news, scores, and highlights.
If you have a CBS All Access subscription, you can use it as well to log in to the CBS Sports app and access the streaming-exclusive sports events (e.g., UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues, National Women’s Soccer League, etc.).
Features of CBS Sports App on Firestick
- You can watch live sports and news from CBS, CBS Sports Network, and CBS Sports HQ channels with the CBS Sports app on your Firestick.
- Users can stream on-demand highlights, replays, and short news clips from the broadcasted sports events on CBS’s channels without logging in to the app.
- Firestick users can log in to the app with either Television provider credentials or a CBS All Access subscription.
- It offers coverage of Fantasy Football Today for free, as well as other daily fantasy sports shows.
- The CBS Sports app has Alexa integration. You can use ask Alexa to show you highlights of a particular game from the app and play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind the stream.
How to Install CBS Sports on Firestick
You can get the CBS Sports app from the Amazon Appstore on your Firestick. If you have trouble finding it, then follow the steps below to install CBS Sports on your Fire TV device.
- On the upper-left corner of the Fire TV screen, you should see a magnifying glass Navigate up and highlight it to open up the Search menu.
- Now enter “CBS Sports” in the search menu. You can manually type it in using the keyboard or search for it with your voice.
- A handful of search suggestions should show up as you type. Go down and select CBS Sports from the bunch.
- From the Apps & Games row on the next page, highlight and click the CBS Sports – Live 24/7 app tile.
- Click the Get option on the following Appstore menu to download and install the CBS Sports app on your Firestick.
After the successful installation, click Open to launch the CBS Sports app. You can open it from the “Your Apps & Channels” row on the Fire TV home screen as well.
Alternatively, go to Apps from the quick access menu (hold the Home button for a few seconds), and you should find the CBS Sports application at the bottom end of the list.
How to Activate CBS Sports App on Firestick
To watch live sports from the CBS Sports application, you will have to first activate it with your TV provider. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the CBS Sports application on your Firestick.
- Click Continue on the welcome page, then choose your favorite teams from different sports leagues, and click Done. It’s totally optional, and you can skip it.
- Now go to the Settings (gear icon) menu from the main page of the CBS Sports application, scroll down to the Video section, and select the TV Provider You can also choose to go with CBS All Access if you want.
- On the following page, an activation code should appear on the screen. Whether you are trying to log in with your TV provider or CBS All Access subscription, go to cbs.com/activate/firetv, enter the activation code, and click Activate to continue.
- Select your TV provider or click the Sign in with CBS All Access To verify your provider credentials, you will be sent to your provider’s login page. Log in with your account details and authorize access to the CBS Sports application. For logging in with CBS All Access, you will have to do the same.
Once you activate the CBS Sports application with your TV provider or CBS All Access subscription, you can access the live and on-demand sports and news content offered in the app’s library.
Bear in mind that you won’t be able to access the sports streams from CBS and CBS Sports tv channels when logged in with CBS All Access.
In case you are signed in with your TV provider, you can’t watch the streaming-exclusive sports events from the CBS All Access service.
Fortunately, you can link both of the accounts to the CBS Sports application and access all the live sports content in its library.
Alternative Ways to watch CBS Sports Live on Firestick
You can watch CBS Sports on Firestick with not only the official app but also an over-the-top live TV streaming service. You can check out the list of services below just in case you don’t have a cable or satellite TV subscription to use the CBS Sports application.
AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW’s MAX package offers a lineup of 60+ channels that includes CBS and CBS Sports tv channels. It has more sports tv channels than the PLUS package as well. You can also record 500 hours of TV content with the cloud DVR feature and use the service on up to three media players at the same time.
If you are willing to pay $64.99 every month for fuboTV’s Family package, then 110+ channels and 250 hours of cloud DVR space is a decent deal. The list of channels includes CBS and CBS Sports tv channels, in case you are wondering.
Those who don’t need three simultaneous streams in the Family plan should go for the fubo Standard plan instead.
Hulu + Live TV
The Hulu + Live TV subscription gives you the best of both worlds, including Hulu’s flagship on-demand library and 65+ live channels. Furthermore, you can stream the CBS and CBS Sports channel channels from the service.
You also get to stream on two devices simultaneously and record TV with 50 hours of DVR storage. Both features can be upgraded with add-ons.
YouTube TV also includes CBS and CBS Sports tv channels with its 85+ channel lineup. The monthly subscription will cost you $64.99, and the plan also bundles unlimited cloud DVR storage space and three concurrent streams.
Watch Other Sports Channels and Sports Streams on Firestick
Watch Sky Sports Sport
As the biggest sports network in the United Kingdom, Sky Sports broadcasts not only football, cricket, and golf but also motorsports, MMA, and popular American sports fixtures. There are many different ways to watch Sky Sports on your Fire Stick. One way is to use the ESPN app, which can be downloaded from the Amazon App store. You can also download a free trial of Sling TV and watch games through that service.
Stream BT Sport
BT Sport is a British sports television channel. It was first broadcast in 2013 and offers coverage of the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, and EFL Championship. To watch BT Sports on a Firestick, you need to download the Live TV app.
See beIN Sports
As one of the biggest global sports channel networks, beIN Sports has acquired exclusive rights to broadcast major football leagues, FIFA World Cup qualification rounds, as well as motorsports events from MotoGP and World Superbike, and many more events. You can stream all these channels on the go via streaming devices and TV mobile apps available for iOS and Android devices.
Check Out Fox Sports
It doesn’t matter what Fox Sports TV Channel you’re interested in watching, you will have complete access to the network at no extra cost at all. The Fox Sports app on FireStick provides exclusive streaming of various sport events and matches that takes place all around the world. It provides coverage of a wide range of sports such as Tennis, Soccer, NFL, Basketball, Golf, etc.
Install Sports TV IPTV
As cheaper alternatives, third-party IPTV services can be found everywhere on websites and cord-cutting forums. Sportz TV offers more than 6000 premium entertainment, news, movies, kids, lifestyle, and infotainment channels with all of its IPTV plans. When it comes to sports, they cover traditional sports networks, along with premium channels and sports content that you can only get with sports add-on packages.
Install Vola Sports
This app mostly offers soccer and cricket streams, but it does also have other sports content, including basketball, football, rugby, boxing, MMA, wrestling, motorsports, and many more. Vola Sports is a third-party app, and it is unavailable in the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices. The only way to install Vola Sports on Firestick is via sideloading.
Now that you know the way to install and activate the CBS Sports application on Firestick, you can stream the football games and other sports events broadcasted by CBS on your television.
Note that the CBS Sports application also lets users log in with all the live TV services mentioned above, giving an alternative choice for cord-cutters.
Apart from Firestick and Firestick 4K, the following Fire TV devices are compatible with the CBS Sports application: Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (Gen 3 only), Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire TV Edition Soundbars.
1. How do I get CBS Sports on FireStick?
The best way to get CBS Sports on FireStick is by downloading the app, which is free. To download it, go to the App Store and search for CBS Sports. Once you find it, click on Get and then follow the instructions.
2. Why can’t I watch CBS on FireStick?
If your Firestick is experiencing issues with the CBS application, use the remote to set your settings back to default. Go to your Firestick> Reset to defaults. Choose the Reset option. Allow the Firestick to reset and add your CBS All Access app again.
3. How do I get CBS Sports Network?
In order to get CBS Sports Network, you must subscribe to a cable or satellite TV service that provides the channel.
4. What does CBS Sports App on Firestick offer?
CBS Sports App on Firestick offers a lot of different sports programming. It has football, soccer, basketball and more. They also have live coverage of events like the PGA Championship and Wimbledon.
5. Can I download CBS app on FireStick?
Yes, you can download the CBS app on a FireStick. The app is called CBS All Access and it’s available for all Android devices as well as for iOS, Xbox One, Apple TV 4th generation or newer, and Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd Generation or newer. To get the app log into your account at cbs.com/allaccess and then tap Download to install it onto your device of choice.