Last Updated on August 20, 2021
In this post, we’ll teach you how to install cbs sports app on firestick for streaming live sports.
CBS is one of the major television networks in the United States, and it has existed in the TV business for several decades now. CBS’ programming mostly consists of comedy, drama, reality, game shows, late-night shows, and live news. However, a big part of the network’s programming also covers live sports.
In case you didn’t know, CBS broadcasts the Sunday Afternoon Football games with AFC teams, as well the AFC Championship game every NFL season (contract ends in 2022) and the big game every three years.
The network also offers broad coverage of college sports games and championships. Besides, CBS shares coverage of the PGA Tour with NBC Sports and ESPN.
Since most of us are more interested in digital content streaming these days, CBS has made it possible for us to stream its entertainment, news, and sports content over the internet across dozens of devices.
The CBS Sports app is one of them, and it’s available for Fire TV and other media streaming platforms.
In case you are looking for a way to watch CBS Sports on Firestick, be sure to check out this guide thoroughly. It has all the information you need to stream live sports events from CBS and its sister sports channels.
Last Updated on August 20, 2021
- 1 What does CBS Sports App on Firestick offer?
- 2 How to Install CBS Sports on Firestick
- 3 Alternative Ways to watch CBS Sports Live on Firestick
- 4 To Conclude
What does CBS Sports App on Firestick offer?
The CBS Sports on Firestick lets you stream every live sports event from CBS and CBS Sports Network channels, including NFL on CBS, PGA Championship, UEFA Champions / Europa League, NCAA College Sports, SEC Football, the Masters, WNBA, Bellator MMA, etc.
Apart from the live coverage of sports events, you can also tune in to the pre-game and post-game live coverage and watch the highlights and replays from your favorite sports leagues on-demand.
In addition, you can watch CBS’s flagship studio shows like NFL Today, Monday QB, That Other Pregame Show, College Basketball Today, College Football Today, and many more.
The CBS Sports app accepts TV provider login, meaning that you can stream the 24/7 CBS and CBS Sports Network TV channels on your Firestick. You can also access CBS Sports HQ, the network’s free digital streaming channel airing sports news, scores, and highlights.
If you have a CBS All Access subscription, you can use it as well to log in to the CBS Sports app and access the streaming-exclusive sports events (e.g., UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues, National Women’s Soccer League, etc.).
Features of CBS Sports App on Firestick
- You can watch live sports and news from CBS, CBS Sports Network, and CBS Sports HQ channels with the CBS Sports app on Firestick.
- Users can stream on-demand highlights, replays, and short news clips from the broadcasted sports events on CBS’s channels without logging in to the app.
- Firestick users can log in to the app with either TV provider credentials or a CBS All Access subscription.
- It offers coverage of Fantasy Football Today for free, as well as other daily fantasy sports shows.
- The CBS Sports app has Alexa integration. You can use ask Alexa to show you highlights of a particular game from the app and play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind the stream.
How to Install CBS Sports on Firestick
You can get the CBS Sports app from the Amazon Appstore on your Firestick. If you have trouble finding it, then follow the steps below to install CBS Sports on your Fire TV device.
- On the upper-left corner of the Fire TV home screen, you should see a magnifying glass Navigate up and highlight it to open up the Search menu.
- Now enter “CBS Sports” in the search menu. You can manually type it in using the keyboard or search for it with your voice.
- A handful of search suggestions should show up as you type. Go down and select CBS Sports from the bunch.
- From the Apps & Games row on the next page, highlight and click the CBS Sports – Live 24/7 app tile.
- Click the Get option on the following Appstore menu to download and install the CBS Sports app on your Firestick.
After the successful installation, click Open to launch the CBS Sports app. You can open it from the “Your Apps & Channels” row on the Fire TV home screen as well.
Alternatively, go to Apps from the quick access menu (hold the Home button for a few seconds), and you should find the CBS Sports app at the bottom-end of the list.
How to Activate CBS Sports App on Firestick
To watch live sports from the CBS Sports app, you will have to first activate it with your TV provider. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the CBS Sports app on your Firestick.
- Click Continue on the welcome page, then choose your favorite teams from different sports leagues, and click Done. It’s totally optional, and you can skip it.
- Now go to the Settings (gear icon) menu from the main page of the CBS Sports app, scroll down to the Video section, and select the TV Provider You can also choose to go with CBS All Access if you want.
- On the following page, an activation code should appear on the screen. Whether you are trying to log in with your TV provider or CBS All Access subscription, go to cbs.com/activate/firetv, enter the activation code, and click Activate to continue.
- Select your TV provider or click the Sign in with CBS All Access To verify your provider credentials, you will be sent to your provider’s login page. Log in with your account details and authorize access to the CBS Sports app. For logging in with CBS All Access, you will have to do the same.
Once you activate the CBS Sports app with your TV provider or CBS All Access subscription, you can access the live and on-demand sports and news content offered in the app’s library.
Bear in mind that you won’t be able to access the sports streams from CBS and CBS Sports Network when logged in with CBS All Access.
In case you are signed in with your TV provider, you can’t watch the streaming-exclusive sports events from the CBS All Access service.
Fortunately, you can link both of the accounts to the CBS Sports app and access all the live sports content in its library.
Alternative Ways to watch CBS Sports Live on Firestick
You can watch CBS Sports on Firestick with not only the official app but also over-the-top live TV streaming services. You can check out the list of services below just in case you don’t have a cable or satellite TV subscription to use the CBS Sports app.
AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW’s MAX package offers a lineup of 60+ channels that includes CBS and CBS Sports Network. It has more sports channels than the PLUS package as well. You can also record 500 hours of TV content with the cloud DVR feature and use the service on up to three devices at the same time.
If you are willing to pay $64.99 every month for fuboTV’s Family package, then 110+ channels and 250 hours of cloud DVR space is a decent deal. The list of channels includes CBS and CBS Sports Network, in case you are wondering.
Those who don’t need three simultaneous streams in the Family plan should go for the fubo Standard plan instead.
Hulu + Live TV
The Hulu + Live TV subscription gives you the best of both worlds, including Hulu’s flagship on-demand library and 65+ live channels. Furthermore, you can stream the CBS and CBS Sports Network channels from the service.
You also get to stream on two devices simultaneously and record TV with 50 hours of DVR storage. Both features can be upgraded with add-ons.
YouTube TV also includes CBS and CBS Sports channels with its 85+ channel lineup. The monthly subscription will cost you $64.99, and the plan also bundles unlimited cloud DVR storage space and three concurrent streams.
You May Like
- How to Watch Sky Sports on FireStick
- How to Watch beIN Sports on Firestick
- How to Watch PPV on FireStick
Now that you know the way to install and activate the CBS Sports app on Firestick, you can stream the football games and other sports events broadcasted by CBS on your television.
Note that the CBS Sports app also lets users log in with all the live TV services mentioned above, giving an alternative choice for cord-cutters.
Apart from Firestick and Firestick 4K, the following Fire TV devices are compatible with the CBS Sports app: Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (Gen 3 only), Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire TV Edition Soundbars.