The following tutorial will show you How to Watch CBS All Access on FireStick. If you have a Fire TV Cube, Fire TV box (3rd gen), Fire TV Edition Smart TV, or a soundbar with Fire TV built-in, you can still follow this guide without any issues, as they all are powered by the Amazon Fire OS.
Columbia Broadcasting System, mostly known as CBS, is famous for its high-quality programming in the United States. This popular television network is almost a century old, and it still dominates the top viewership charts every year.
CBS’s Star Trek, Young Sheldon, and NCIS are few of the most popular shows from the network. Although CBS did eventually enter the streaming business by partnering up with major streaming services, they later launched CBS All Access, one of the first OTT streaming services from a television network in the US. It currently has around four million subscribers.
CBS All Access is officially available for Fire TV devices. Firestick, the most affordable Fire TV device, is also supported by CBS’s over-the-top service. We have compiled this guide to help those who want to stream CBS shows on-demand via CBS All Access on Firestick.
What does CBS All Access Offer?
CBS All Access is just a subscription. It gives you access to a vast collection of classic and latest CBS programming, with the back catalog complete with every season and full-length episodes. Episodes are added to CBS All Access the next day after the television broadcast.
You can watch your favorite CBS shows with a CBS All Access subscription, such as Star Trek, NCIS, Survivor, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, S.W.A.T, SEAL Team, Magnum P.I., FBI: Most Wanted, Evil, All Rise, Young Sheldon, Broke, The Neighbourhood, Big Brother, The Late Late Show with James Corden, etc.
CBS All Access also offers exclusive originals on its platform, such as The Good Fight, Star Trek: Discovery, Interrogation, The Twilight Zone, Tell Me A Story, The Thomas John Experience, and many more.
You can also watch sports content on-demand, which includes NFL on CBS, SEC on CBS, Hockey on CBS, NCAA on CBS, Fantasy Football Today, etc. Also, the most recent news broadcasts from CBS Sunday Morning, CBS News Specials, CBS Evening News, Face The Nation, and CBS This Morning, can be streamed with a CBS All Access subscription.
The official CBS app for Fire TV devices allows Firestick users to sign in with their CBS All Access subscription. There are two variants of the subscription– Limited Commercials ($5.99/month) and Commercial Free ($9.99/month). Note that CBS All Access also includes the live feed of your local CBS station, which will still have promotional interruptions.
The CBS app all also lets you log in with a TV provider account, unlocking access to CBS’s on-demand library and live channel feeds. On the other hand, CBS All Access subscription is intended for cord-cutters.
Features of the CBS app
- When signed in with CBS All Access subscription or a TV provider account, the CBS app offers the latest daytime, primetime, and late-night CBS programming, both live and on-demand.
- You can stream your local CBS channel from the CBS app in true HD quality.
- The on-demand CBS streaming library has 9000+ episodes, as well as exclusive CBS All Access originals.
- Most recent episodes from ongoing CBS shows are available to watch for free.
- You can toggle on closed captions for on-demand CBS shows.
How to Install CBS on Firestick?
You will find the official CBS app for Fire TV devices in the Amazon Appstore. New users should follow the steps below to install CBS on Firestick.
- Highlight the Search logo next to the tabs section on top of the Fire TV home screen.
- Use voice search or manually type in “CBS” in the search menu using the on-screen keyboard.
- Next, select CBS Full Episodes and Live TV from the search suggestions below.
- After that, scroll down to the Apps & Games row, then click the CBS.
- Click Get on the CBS app download page. It will begin downloading after a few seconds, then complete the auto-installation process on your Firestick.
Once the CBS app is installed on your Firestick, simply go back to the Fire TV home screen and scroll down to Your Apps & Channels row. If you are unable to find it in the row, then click the See All option. You will be able to find and launch the CBS app from the extended list of installed apps.
How to Sign up for a CBS All Access Subscription?
Before you launch the CBS app, you will be required to sign up for a CBS All Access subscription for getting access to CBS’s live and on-demand offerings. Here’s how you can get one:
- Click here to Signup for CBS All Access.
- After that, click Try It Free on the CBS All Access page, then click Continue to proceed to the sign-up process.
- Choose your preferred CBS All Access plan and click Continue.
- Click Continue once again, then fill the form with the required information to create your CBS account.
- On the next page, click Continue again, select your payment method, and enter your billing information if required. If you choose PayPal as your payment method, then click Checkout with PayPal to verify your account.
That’s it! You will receive a mail regarding the successful activation of your CBS All Access subscription. Since CBS All Access comes with a 7-day free trial, you won’t be billed until the trial period ends.
Steps to Activate CBS on Firestick
The CBS app activation process is relatively straightforward. Simply do the following to activate CBS on Firestick with your CBS account, assuming that you have paid for the All Access subscription.
- First of all, launch the CBS app on Firestick.
- Next, select SETTINGS from the left-hand sidebar on the CBS app’s home screen.
- Select and click Sign In in the options. You will be asked to sign in either from your device or using code. We recommend you to sign in with a code, as it saves you from the hassle of entering your CBS account credentials using the Fire TV Remote.
- Selecting the Sign in with a code option will generate the activation code for the authorization session. Go to cbs.com/activate/firetv, enter the code, and click Activate.
- Enter your CBS account credentials and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the sign-up process.
If you have followed every step correctly, then congrats! You have successfully activated the CBS app on Firestick. You can now sit back and start binge-watching your favorite CBS shows on-demand.
A Quick Overview of the CBS App on Firestick
The CBS app on Firestick has an intuitive Leanback-styled interface, which is one of the best 10-foot UI available for Android TV and Android-powered streaming devices, such as the Fire TV.
The sidebar consists of a couple of app categories, including Discover, Shows, Live TV, Movies, and Settings. You can also search for your favorite CBS shows by highlighting the search option on top of the sidebar.
Whenever you launch the CBS app, the Discover page is what opens up by default. From here, you can check out the trending shows and latest episodes, as well as short news and episode clips.
The Shows page lists every CBS show available in CBS’s on-demand streaming library. The same goes for Movies, which mostly consists of CBS’s older made-for-TV films and a few off-market, full-length Hollywood blockbusters.
From the Live TV page, you can access the live feeds of your local CBS channels. When you are playing the live stream, you will see a compact TV guide on top of the playback control bar. You can also click the CC icon to enable closed captioning.
- How to Watch beIN Sports on Firestick & Roku
- How to Watch Hallmark Channel on FireStick
- How to Watch Live NBC on FireStick
CBS All Access is one of the best live and on-demand streaming services for those who want to enjoy CBS’s top-notch programming. We have told you everything you need to set up CBS All Access on Firestick through this guide.