Last Updated on October 6, 2020
The following tutorial will show you how to install and activate BritBox on firestick. The BritBox app also supports other Amazon Fire TV devices, including both the existing and new Firestick models (3rd Gen / Lite / 4K), Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (3rd Gen Pendant), Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Soundbars.
OTT streaming service BritBox has been recently making headlines for its revival of Spitting Image, an 80’s satirical puppet show.
In general, the service is known for its award-winning British programming, with exclusive content sourced from major television networks in the United Kingdom.
In fact, it’s a joint venture between BBC and ITV, two of the biggest U.K. TV networks.
Previously, BritBox was available as a channel on Amazon’s Prime Video service. It was the only way to watch BritBox content on Fire TV devices and other popular streaming platforms.
However, the official BritBox app finally made its way to the Amazon Appstore and several other app storefronts back in February 2020.
If you have been planning to binge-watch some British classics or stream BritBox’s latest original series, follow this guide to install and activate BritBox on Firestick.
- 1 What does the BritBox App on Firestick Offer?
- 2 How to Install BritBox on Firestick?
- 3 Watch Britbox on Firestick in United States & Canada
- 4 Finishing up
What does the BritBox App on Firestick Offer?
The BritBox app on Fire TV devices gives you access to a massive on-demand library of classic, current, and upcoming British content all in one place.
You can stream hundreds of British television box sets from All 4, alongside all the award-winning British films from the Film 4 channel.
Apart from that, BritBox offers original entertainment and factual programs from Channel 5, as well as Comedy Central UK’s beloved British comedies on-demand.
In addition, BBC and ITV provide hundreds of extras to BritBox’s vast catalog. The service is actively working with several content providers to bring more original programming to its streaming library.
Here are some of the most popular British shows you can watch on BritBox: Spitting Image, Coronation Street, Midsomer Murders, Vera, Fawlty Towers, EastEnders, A Confession, Prime Suspect, Wild Bill, McDonald & Dodds, Father Brown, Gardeners’ World, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, The Mallorca Files, Poirot, etc.
It also has the entire collection of Doctor Who and other British classics. Furthermore, the service has an extensive library of special documentaries and old-school British films.
The monthly BritBox subscription in the United Kingdom will cost you £5.99. A 7-day free trial is also applied to new users. You get an ad-free access to Britbox’s content. Also, you can cancel the subscription anytime.
Features of BritBox on Firestick
- The intuitive user interface of the BritBox app makes it easier for Firestick users to discover curated collections of British shows.
- Personalized content recommendations are pushed based on your favorite picks from BritBox’s library.
- You can watch the latest BritBox originals in up to 1080p Full HD quality on Firestick.
- The BritBox app lets you browse the streaming library by actors, which is an excellent search option.
- BritBox’s monthly subscription is affordable, and you get access to a massive collection of box sets from the UK’s major television networks.
How to Install BritBox on Firestick?
The BritBox app is officially compatible with the Firestick and other Fire TV devices, and users can download it from the Amazon Appstore. The following steps will walk you through the installation process:
- Scroll up the Fire TV home screen to select the Search (magnifying glass) option on the left-hand corner.
- Next, type “BritBox” in the search field with the on-screen keyboard. You can also do a voice search to find the app.
- From the following search results, select and click the BritBox.
- After that, click the BritBox app logo under the Apps & Games row on the next page.
- Now click Get on the BritBox Appstore page to download and install it on your Firestick.
You may return to the Fire TV home screen once BritBox is successfully installed. From there, scroll down to the ‘Your Apps & Channels’ row to launch the BritBox app.
If it doesn’t appear under the following row, click See All instead to expand the list of installed apps on your Firestick. You should find BritBox at the bottom of it.
While highlighting the app, press the Options button on your Voice Remote, and click Move. You can then move it anywhere on the apps list.
How to Sign up for a BritBox Subscription?
Before you launch the BritBox app on Firestick, make sure you have a BritBox subscription ready to go. Here’s how you can sign up for one:
- On your current device, open a new browser tab and go to britbox.co.uk.
- Now click the ‘Try free for 7 days’ option under the monthly BritBox plan. You can also go for the annual plan if you want.
- The next page will ask you to create a BritBox account. Enter your name, email address, and a password in the respective fields, then click Create account & Continue.
- After that, choose your preferred BritBox subscription and click Continue.
- Finally, enter your credit card details and click Start subscription. You also get the option to pay with Google Pay.
Once your billing information is verified, you should receive an email regarding your BritBox subscription. Note that you won’t be charged the subscription fee immediately, as the first seven days are free for new users.
Guide to Activate BritBox on Firestick
BritBox makes it simpler for users to activate their app on Firestick. If you are unsure about the activation process, then follow the steps below.
- Start with launching the BritBox app on Firestick.
- Next, click the Sign In button on the welcome page. A six-digit code should be displayed on your TV screen.
- On another device, open a browser tab and visit britbox.co.uk/code, then sign in to your BritBox account.
- Once signed in, the activation page will prompt you to enter the six-digit code. Type it in the field and click Continue.
- After a few seconds, the activation screen in the BritBox app on your Firestick should disappear. Click Start watching to proceed to the app’s Home page.
You can now enjoy BritBox’s on-demand shows and British films on your big screen via the BritBox app on Firestick.
A Quick Overview of Britbox App on Firestick
The BritBox app on Firestick is easy to use. There are three main tabs, which are Home, Browse actors, and Recently added. The search option is also found on the top-right corner of the BritBox app, alongside the profile option.
From Home, you can choose a particular category to browse the shows of your taste, as well as scroll down through dozens of curated lists of content. The Continue Watching row is also found on the Home page, giving you quick access to the shows and movies from exactly where you paused the playback.
The Browse actors tab lets you search for specific BritBox content that includes famous actors or actresses. You can also discover new British shows and movies from the Recently added tab.
If closed captions are available for a movie or TV show episode on BritBox, you can enable it by clicking the CC icon on the lower-right corner on the stream player.
Watch Britbox on Firestick in United States & Canada
BritBox officially offers its streaming library in the United States as well. Americans can sign up for either the $6.99 monthly or the $69.99 yearly subscription from britbox.com/us. The 7-day free trial is also available for new subscribers.
BritBox is also available as a Prime Video channel. It will cost an additional $6.99 fee on top of the current monthly Prime Video subscription. Bear in mind that BritBox on Prime Video shares the same library of content as the regular BritBox streaming library.
However, you won’t be able to log in to the BritBox app with your Prime Video subscription even if you pay for the channel.
BritBox is also available in Canada for $8.99/month and $89.99/year. Visit britbox.com/ca to learn more. Due to licensing restrictions, some shows and movies might not be available for Canadian BritBox subscribers.
More Related Articles
If you are fond of watching British shows and films, then BritBox is a must-try for your video streaming needs. We have given detailed steps to install and activate BritBox on Firestick, plus an in-depth look at Britbox’s offerings in this guide.