This step by-step-tutorial will provide you with instructions to Install and Use APK Time on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Box.
The demand for free video streaming apps is pretty high, even though popular streaming services like Hulu and Disney+ are offering subscription plans that cost less than $10/month.
It is understandable that not everyone can pay monthly subscriptions for streaming. However, third-party streaming apps serve live and on-demand content for free, which are sourced from both licensed and unlicensed sources.
Third-party developers often host their streaming apps on unnamed file hosting websites so that they can avoid copyright notice and DMCA takedowns. But, app modders with ill intent inject malware in such apps and upload it on a public website, which attracts a lot of people.
If you search for a particular third-party app right now, probably thousands of webpages will show up with a download link. Although it is possible for an experienced user to find the official source of the app, most of us won’t think twice before downloading it.
We have previously covered third-party app stores like Aptoide for Fire TV devices, especially for the Firestick. Today we will talk about the specialties of another unofficial app store named APKTime, and this guide will show you how to install Apk Time on Firestick.
- 1 What is APKTime?
- 2 How to Install APK Time on Firestick?
- 3 Steps to Download Apk Time APK for Android
- 4 A Quick Tour to Use APK Time on Firestick
- 5 Final Words
What is APKTime?
APKTime is a third-party app store for Android TV and Fire TV devices. Unlike Aptoide, it only hosts community developed apps, including modded, cracked, malware-free versions of premium tools, as well as live and on-demand streaming apps.
Here are some of the most popular apps hosted by APK Time: BeeTV, CinemaHD, Live Net TV, Mobdro, TeaTV, Exousia, AnimeDLR, CatMouse, BlizzTV, FreeFlix HQ, Nova TV, TVZion, Theater Plus, ES File Explorer Pro, MX Player Pro, Mouse Toggle, OLA TV, Oreo TV, LiveSports TV, etc.
Alongside the infinite list of third-party apps, you will also find the latest versions of Kodi and custom Kodi builds. Apps that are hosted on APK Time also get refreshed with the latest updates.
How to Install APK Time on Firestick?
As you may already know, APKTime is not a first-party app. Hence, it is unavailable in the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices. You can still install APKTime on Firestick via the regular sideloading process, which we have described below in detail.
Step 1: Enable APK Sideloading on Firestick
Firestick users can’t sideload APKs on their devices unless they enable an option, which is intended for app developers only. Since the option is easily accessible from the Fire TV Settings menu, you can enable it as well by following these steps:
- First, highlight Settings from the tab bar on top of the Fire TV home screen.
- Now scroll all the way right to the list of options to select My Fire TV / Device. With the latest Fire OS update, the option has been renamed to Device & Software.
- Next, click Developer options in the Device menu.
- Go down and click Apps from Unknown Sources. You will be prompted about the security risks of app sideloading.
- Click Turn On to confirm the changes. If enabled correctly, the developer option should change its state to ON.
You now have successfully enabled APK sideloading on Firestick. Go back to the Fire TV home screen and proceed to follow the steps below, which includes installing the Downloader app.
Step 2: Install Downloader on Firestick
Downloader is the only first-party app on the Amazon Appstore that lets you download files on Firestick. Web browsers have long lost the functionality, so we have no choice but to use Downloader for downloading the APKTime ‘APK’ file.
- Select the magnifying glass symbol next to the tab bar of the Fire TV home screen. When selected, it brings up the search menu.
- Enter “Downloader” using the virtual on-screen keyboard. The same thing can be done using voice, which needs you to hold the Alexa Voice button on your Fire TV Remote.
- After that, choose Downloader from the list of instant search results below the search menu.
- Navigate down to the Apps & Games list and click Downloader once again.
- Now click Get /Download under the Downloader app’s description. Depending on your internet and device performance, it should take a minute or two to finalize the app installation.
After you install Downloader on Firestick, simply click Open to launch it. You can then follow the rest of the steps below to install APKTime on your Fire TV device.
Step 3: Sideload APK Time on Firestick using Downloader
- Opening up Downloader for the first time will require you to grant device storage permissions. Click Allow to continue.
- Click OK to close the changelog window and go to the app’s Home.
- Next, select the URL field and type in this download link: https://bit.ly/2DrResh
- Click Go. APK Time will begin downloading on its own.
- Click Install when the app installer appears on the screen. It will take less than a minute.
- Once APK Time is installed on your Firestick, click Done to close the app installer.
- Upon returning to the Downloader window, click Delete to remove the APK Time installer file, which will free up some storage space on your Firestick.
You can launch APKTime just like any other apps you have installed on your Firestick. On your Fire TV home screen, scroll down to Your Apps & Channels list, and click the See All option. An expanded view of the list of installed apps will be shown to you, from where you can open up APKTime on your Firestick.
Steps to Download Apk Time APK for Android
If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Mi Box then you can install Apk time using the Downloader app on your device. Follow below steps to install latest version of apktime on android smartphones, tablets, and all other android devices.
- Launch your smartphone and go to Settings then Security Settings, there you’ll find Unknown Sources option, click on it to enable.
- Now Download APK Time apk From here – https://bit.ly/2DrResh
- Go to Es File explorer or whatever File manager you are using, Find download folder and click on apk file of APK time.
- Click on Install to start the installation process.
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Now you can use the app from your home screen.
A Quick Tour to Use APK Time on Firestick
APKTime is a pretty barebones in terms of the user interface, especially for an app store standard. However, the home screen of the app gives you instant access to all the app categories, which include Android TV, APK Seekers, Entertainment, Essentials, Fire Devices Only, Gaming, Live, Music, Players n Browsers, Premium Services, Sport, Tools, etc.
To search for an app, click the magnifying glass icon in the top bar.
When you wish to install an app via APKTime, simply click the Download button below it. It will start downloading the APK file, and the app installer will open automatically. You can then click Install to sideload the app on your Firestick.
- How to Watch USTVGO on FireStick
- How to Install Nora GO on FireStick
- How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
APK Time is the all-in-one destination for your third-party app downloads. We have given you all the information about APKTime, including an extensive set of instructions for installing it on Firestick, here in this guide.