Last Updated on June 21, 2022
Are you trying to mirror your Macbook or iPhone screen to Fire Stick but cannot find it on the list? Check out our guide to learn more!
Sharing content like photos, videos, files, or even documents within the Apple ecosystem is rather easy. But how about doing the same with your Fire Stick? As long-term Apple users know, the products always have kind of a closely bounded perimeter, which makes file sharing not as easy with other brands.
To access your Apple devices such as iPhone/iPad with a Fire Stick does require a kind of hack, which we will cover here.
Your Fire Stick is based on Android OS, while Apple’s AirPlay is a completely separate technology and is not supported by Android’s screencasting. Therefore, interacting or sharing a screen between Apple & Fire Stick will require you to have an AirPlay App.
In this article, we will dissect and discuss how to use AirPlay to cast videos from your iPhone, your Mac, or even your regular Windows PC to the Amazon Fire Stick. Simply follow the steps below to easily use AirPlay on the Fire Stick and other Fire TV devices.
How do I AirPlay to a Fire Stick from my Macbook?
To get this straight, AirPlay is designed specifically for Apple devices that let you stream media content to the big screen with help of Apple TV app on FireStick. As a result, AirPlay is not naturally supported on Fire Stick. To get things working, you will need to follow these specific instructions. Do keep in mind that you will need to update your iOS system to 4.2 or above to get the AirPlay feature on your Apple device. This hack will not work for older versions and might cause damage to your device.
How do I install AirPlay on a Fire Stick?
Although AirPlay can’t be accessed on your Fire Stick directly, there are a lot of apps available in the Amazon App Store you can use to AirPlay iPhone or iPad to the Fire Stick by connecting iphone to a FireStick. For example, installing the AirScreen app from the Amazon store will allow users to mirror the contents on iOS devices to Fire Stick.
How to install AirScreen on Fire Stick?
AirScreen is the application that is second to none when it comes to mirroring media on iOS devices on Fire Stick.
Follow the steps below to know how you can easily install AirScreen onto your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Go to your web browser on your smartphone or PC. Visit amazon.com and login to your existing account that is associated with your Fire Stick
- Scroll to the search bar and search for AirScreen. From the search results, choose the app
- Follow the instructions and go to the purchase page. On the right-hand side, you will be able to see the ‘Deliver’ button, click on it
- Choose your Fire Stick device from the drop-down list
- Now you will be able to use the AirScreen app on the Amazon Fire Stick
How to AirPlay to Fire Stick using AirScreen?
Congratulations, now you are just a few more steps away from completing this tutorial.
- After the successful installation of the AirScreen app, open it on your iOS device
- Make sure that both of your Fire Stick and iOS devices are connected to the same WiFi network
- When you open the app, it will automatically search for any nearby iOS device
- On your iOS device, open the Control center
- Press the Screen Mirroring and choose your Amazon Fire Stick
- Right after finishing that, you will notice that your iOS device’s screen will be directly mirrored to your screen connected with the Amazon Fire Stick
- To pause mirroring, simply go to the screen Mirroring and press ‘Stop Mirroring’
How to AirPlay to a Fire Stick from your MacBook?
When you have already downloaded the AirScreen app to your Amazon Fire Stick, it is very easy to Airplay to it from your MacBook. Again, ensure both your FIrestick and MacBook are connected to the same WiFi network. Then, follow the few steps below.
- Launch the AirScreen app on the Fire Stick
- Select from ‘the Help’ button. Go to ‘macOS’ and click ‘AirPlay’
- On your Mac, click the AirPlay icon and choose your Fire Stick from the menu to begin casting
Do keep in mind that mirroring your phone screen is not the same as using AirPlay to cast from your Apple devices to an AirPlay 2-enabled streaming device. The picture quality may not be as good as you would get from AirPlay. However, you can change your device to landscape mode to improve slightly on how the picture mirrors on your Fire Stick.
What is AirPlay?
AirPlay is a proprietary feature created by Apple that was released in 2010. It allows you to wirelessly cast all kinds of media such as audio or video freely from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
What are AirPlay’s features?
1. AirPlay has no limit in what you can share. Users can view stuff from games, movies, media, or any other apps you have on your Amazon Fire Stick connected devices.
2. AirPlay has the ability to wireless play across a much larger distance between devices than traditional Bluetooth. Instead of the usual Bluetooth range of 10-20m, the distance is only limited by the reach of the WiFi network. It simply means you can wander around your house freely while having your favorite tv show keep on playing.
3. AirPlay allows users to have access to sharing all the files between Apple devices wirelessly with a single click and also other WiFi-enabled devices. It also offers a very short buffering time, just a mere two seconds from starting streaming until it is played on a device that supports it.
Use the best AirPlay app on Fire Stick. You can share, watch, and even listen to any content on your iOS devices with ease. All the methods are tested so don’t hesitate to try it out yourself.